Motorcycle Thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Sludig

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Debating the unthinkable. Sell the h2 and get a concourse.

Reasons would be better in the winter, one im looking at even has heated seats. All the upgrades I could want just about.

However, sitting on it, I forgot how chunky they are, makes my big h2 seem small. Likely wont help that much with my cramping knees and low back ache.

Other reasons include longevity. H2 has 16k miles and im not sure how long that high strung beast will last. Connie should be good for 100. Pair that with value. Looks like ballpark 16-17 owe 13 from its original 23k and gotta find a buyer which is at a more rare pricepoint for cash buyers.
Could get a 18 16k mile connie for 11 or this 13, 26k with upgrades, 9k. Basically just cut out a major payment. Hell could pay it off immediately and save 330/ month.

However, like I said no where as nimble and fast af but not as urgent as the h2....

So on the fence.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Decided it was time to get a new bike. Always been a Harley guy even though they are overpriced compared to some competitors (but hold their value much better overall). I wanted something that still had a good balance of sporty and light touring.

Now time to go down the modification rabbit-hole again.

IMG_1414.JPG

IMG_1413.JPG

My other (much less comfortable) bike that was recently painted using Ford's "Antimatter Blue" as the base w/ more pearl and metallic added (has a nice colorshift of blue to black but hard to tell in this photo).
IMG_1411.JPG

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
So a couple weeks ago a couple buddies and I did most of lower Michigan on our bikes. We did a three day trip. We camped, ate breakfast and dinner at the site, lunch at whatever restaurant we happened upon where we were. One lunch we hit a Bavarian restaurant in this tiny town that was both hilarious, and had the most delicious food. Good time.

The two best places we went were one called the "Tunnel of Trees." If you have a bike, get to it, preferably in the fall. We're thinking of going again when the leaves change.

The whole thing is like this:
fall-foliage-along-the-tunnel5fdf5d-800x800.jpg

And the second best thing was Highway 22. It had curves all day long. Not the kind of curves you have to clench your butt cheeks and drag your pegs on, but continual fun, looping curves that followed various beautiful bodies of water, had great elevation changes, the exact kind of road you want to spend an afternoon driving.

It was gorgeous.

Camping was a riot, too. We could see the Mackinac Bridge from our tent. I need to do this more often.
bike trip.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Got a nail in my fucking tire with 1,500 miles on the clock. I've never seen a nail get stuck in a motorcycle tire, fml.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

First nail/screw in a very long time in my Jag a couple weeks ago. Can't have nice things, at least mine was patchable.

Hekotat

First nail/screw in a very long time in my Jag a couple weeks ago. Can't have nice things, at least mine was patchable.

I patch/plug my car tires. I'd never, ever trust one on a bike tire unless I was limping it home.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I patch/plug my car tires. I'd never, ever trust one on a bike tire unless I was limping it home.

I had to do it once. I was driving from Mississippi to Chicago on my bike, back tire deflates, and right behind me is a tire repair truck. He patched it on the site, and told me it should hold. That was about 400 miles from home. I chanced it and made it home. I don't think I'd ever do it again. I'd get it patched, then find the nearest place I could get it replaced.

Sludig

I mean I'm ballsy, lost my chain off my rear sprocket getting on the highway at 40-50 mph. Got it back on manually and rode it 40 miles to work. Was a bit loose then car in front of me hit the shoulder kicking up some pebbles, not sure if one got in sprocket or just coincidence. At work figured out the fancy single sided swing arm and got it tightened up.. (Wanted to just have shop do it while doing a recall but havnt been able to get in)

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Well just got word that my bike is on the boat. I picked up a BMW 2022 s1000rr. They are expecting it in 1 month. This new covid variant better not fuck this shit up even more. I haven't been this excited in a long ass time.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Hekotat

The new Streetfighter V2 looks sick and is within my price range.

1638134694254.png

• 2Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
That's how I feel about the new Multistrada V2.5. I am really really excited for the DesertX as well, that'll be officially unveiled on Dec 9th

• 1Like

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
DesertX officially unveiled, super awesome but price is a bit higher than I was hoping. Starts at $16,795 and I was hoping for like $15k then more if you wanted the added fuel tank and other options.

sublimenerdery

Trakanon Raider
Dudes I'm so pumped. I ordered a motorcycle even though I've never ridden one before. I'm 44 and finally quit drinking for good (it wasn't like out of control but took some time to decide to walk away), and was looking for a new skill to learn/adventure. I haven't been this excited since childhood.

2021 Indian scout bobber. It got delayed once already beyond the 8-12 weeks, but that just gives me more time to research gear and find a riders course. Should be in late January.

Attachments

• FEA244CD-357C-41D6-B2CC-667E0F52F926.jpg
    FEA244CD-357C-41D6-B2CC-667E0F52F926.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
I highly recommend a rider's course for a first timer.

I also recommend, once you get your bike, spend the time in the garage adjusting the hand controls (brake/clutch) lever position (rotation up and down on the bars) and reach before you go riding. I was having a hell of a time at my rider's course braking and getting off the gas because the position they were in was so bad for me that to reach the brake lever I had to rotate my wrist and fingers up, which twisted the throttle, to get on the brake lever. I needed the lever much lower to have a neutral wrist in order to brake properly. Nobody explains this and few dealers spend the time setting this up either. It's something you'll need to do on your own.

Last edited:
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
If it's a brand spanking new bike make sure you break the engine in properly. No one told me that when I bought my first motorcycle and the engine didn't set properly. Read the manual on what they tell you to do and look online

• 2Like

sublimenerdery

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have any helmet advice or recommendations? I'm always a little leery when the prices of a given item vary so wildly. $120 - $1,000 seems to be the range one can easily spend. I've decided on full face, and basically want the safest one I can afford. Is there a value sweet spot I should investigate?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
fortnine has some good videos on the safety standards and what to look for that are well worth the watch, if you haven't already. I prefer a modular helmet so have been using schuberth C4 Pro(also fits my head perfectly, shape wise). If it's your first helmet I'd recommend hitting up a shop with as many as you can try out and make sure it fits correctly.

• 1Like

Sludig

Anyone have any helmet advice or recommendations? I'm always a little leery when the prices of a given item vary so wildly. $120 - $1,000 seems to be the range one can easily spend. I've decided on full face, and basically want the safest one I can afford. Is there a value sweet spot I should investigate?
Anything arai/shoei will be solid especially if it's not their very cheapest bucket.

Scorpion is a great value brand, they have helmets that are cheaper than I'd be comfortable with but their top helmet seems solid from what I've seen with a lot of features for like $250/350 ish. I'm probably replacing my old shoei with the top scorpion this year

Some of those 1000$ helmets are mixing just brand name plus used by a racer street cred and features that may not help a street rider.

Id avoid Atlas i think it was. Killer graphics but overpriced for a sub par helmet driven by a massive social media campaign. Same ones that make some snow boarding gear.

Jookas helmet is nice id looked at them before I decided personally they a full face was safer enough for the comfort trade off by I also do high speed highway shit and rarely at the speeds or behind a wind shield that id ever want the modular open.

• 1Like