Moviepass: pay $10/mo, see one movie a day in theaters

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
A Quiet Place II, Wrath of Man, and Nobody in Dolby Cinema for $21. I hope I never have to watch any capeshit ever again.

Sneaky fucking AMC. Definitely did not see that, anywhere. I'll just cancel that shit after this month. Doesn't look like my nice-ass theater is showing The Green Knight which sucks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I think I am just done with going to the theater. Since the lock downs and getting movies early access at home I don't plan to go back.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think I am just done with going to the theater. Since the lock downs and getting movies early access at home I don't plan to go back.
i just flat out dont care enough to see movies in the theater anymore. i get more entertainment value watching a redneck named taryl repair an old tractor or lawnmower on youtube. dude does skits and makes me laugh. i also learn how to fix stuff. which i already have been doing.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I gave up on them eons ago. People were rude back then, I can't imagine how bad it is now with phones and the simple fact that people are more rude and incosiderate than they've ever been.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
I'd be done with them as well if my neighborhood one wasn't so damn nice, and relatively limited in terms of how many seats are in the actual theater - thanks to the lounge chairs and covid restrictions.

• 1Solidarity

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'd be done with them as well if my neighborhood one wasn't so damn nice, and relatively limited in terms of how many seats are in the actual theater - thanks to the lounge chairs and covid restrictions.
Fair point, I am pretty done with theaters besides occasionally going to the pimped out one right near my house. If that one wasn't around, I would never bother. It has bars, strict no talking/no phone bullshit during the movie, super clean, super comfy spacious lounge chairs, good food and its cheaper than you would expect.

• 1Solidarity

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
"Being done with theaters", should accelerate for me as well when I finally get to set up a proper theater/projection room later this year.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
"Being done with theaters", should accelerate for me as well when I finally get to set up a proper theater/projection room later this year.
No doubt, getting a true theater room fully built in my house with Atmos put that final nail in the coffin. Covid was good for working on the house and finishing up the "honey do" list etc.

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
A Quiet Place II, Wrath of Man, and Nobody in Dolby Cinema for $21. I hope I never have to watch any capeshit ever again.

Sneaky fucking AMC. Definitely did not see that, anywhere. I'll just cancel that shit after this month. Doesn't look like my nice-ass theater is showing The Green Knight which sucks.
Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten about The Green Knight, gonna catch it this weekend as it is playing in the pimped out theater. Wrath of Man I liked but I pretty much like everything Statham and/or Guy Ritchie.

spronk

FPS noob
the OG founder is trying to bring this stupid thing back as a ad-trade thing, usually a sign we are nearing the top of another bubble when harebrained shit like this starts getting investor money

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
the OG founder is trying to bring this stupid thing back as a ad-trade thing, usually a sign we are nearing the top of another bubble when harebrained shit like this starts getting investor money

This guy deserves to be fed into a woodchipper.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
Just got this email. Can't wait to see this crash and burn again.

Screenshot_20220823-112552-629.png

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hey bro I loved your service. The one where you got fucked when I watched the same movie all month. Bring that shit back!

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Change the name, call it a successor, don't just throw up a new management sign. Retards.

spronk

FPS noob
pretty sure its just gonna be "watch some ads, get a discount on movies" and not worth paying any actual real money for. but hey, may as well sign up for the beta in a bit under 40 hours

I've only seen 2 movies in theaters this year, Top Gun Maverick and Dr. Strange 2 and only TGM was worth it.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You better get a separate card with a low limit that you can freeze / cancel at a moment's notice if you are seriously giving that company your info.

• 1Like