Moviepass: pay $10/mo, see one movie a day in theaters

spronk

FPS noob
if you have A-List some upcoming things you may wanna get tix for

2001: 70mm/IMAX re-release Aug 23 - 30th
MCU Marathon in IMAX: Aug 30 - Sep 6th, IMAX

A-List works on both, if you wanna take along someone the MCU marathon is $8 each ticket. Regal theaters is doing a $50 promo where you can see all 20 movies for one price

Also a few select theaters are doing a re-release of The Dark Knight (Nolan) in late August, only LA/SF/NYC/Toronto sadly. A-List works on that too

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
if you have A-List some upcoming things you may wanna get tix for

2001: 70mm/IMAX re-release Aug 23 - 30th
MCU Marathon in IMAX: Aug 30 - Sep 6th, IMAX

A-List works on both, if you wanna take along someone the MCU marathon is $8 each ticket. Regal theaters is doing a $50 promo where you can see all 20 movies for one price

Also a few select theaters are doing a re-release of The Dark Knight (Nolan) in late August, only LA/SF/NYC/Toronto sadly. A-List works on that too

Im going to see 2001 on the 23rd.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
At the theater near me in boston, MoviePass offered a total of 4 showings 2 to alpha and 2 to some movie I never heard of. Finally canceled

spronk

FPS noob
giphy.gif

i still have like 150k regal points and $300 in AMC rewards i earned from buying tickets every day with movie pass and giving them away as tips

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

"The database was exposed for months. Yonathan Klijnsma, threat researcher at cyberthreat intelligence firm RiskIQ, found evidence that the database was open from early May. Then, after we published this story, security researcher Nitish Shah told TechCrunch he also found the exposed database months earlier. “I even notified them, but they [didn’t bother] to reply or fix it,” he said. He provided a screenshot of the exposed database for proof, which we verified."

Goatface

the story finally comes to an end

not much of a punishment
MoviePass and its parent company agreed to settle the FTC's allegations, which comes with prohibitions on misrepresenting future businesses and the implementation of better data security.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
the story finally comes to an end

not much of a punishment
MoviePass and its parent company agreed to settle the FTC's allegations, which comes with prohibitions on misrepresenting future businesses and the implementation of better data security.
What a joke. Every executive should be in prison for a few dozen years.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
i still have $250 in AMC rewards i earned exclusively from buying 4 tickets a day with moviepass and then giving them out as tips to starbucks and gamestop employees, lol

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Sterling

El Presidente
i went to like 8-10 movies for like 30 bucks from this shit. Had no idea how it would be sustainable then so them going tits up seemed inevitable.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
i still have $250 in AMC rewards i earned exclusively from buying 4 tickets a day with moviepass and then giving them out as tips to starbucks and gamestop employees, lol

Wait, you could buy and print out physical tickets with it? Fucking lol!

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Not sure where else to dump this without starting a useless new thread:

So A-List now is a 3-month minimum when restarting your sub? I had one pre-covid and started it again two months ago. Trying to cancel before my renew date on the 26th and it's quoting me $21.99 for a cancellation fee.

Also, they say you can't renew for 6 months if you cancel it? AMC can suck my fucking dick, big smooth brain faggots. I have zero issue torrenting everything they try to release.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Not sure where else to dump this without starting a useless new thread:

So A-List now is a 3-month minimum when restarting your sub? I had one pre-covid and started it again two months ago. Trying to cancel before my renew date on the 26th and it's quoting me $21.99 for a cancellation fee.

Also, they say you can't renew for 6 months if you cancel it? AMC can suck my fucking dick, big smooth brain faggots. I have zero issue torrenting everything they try to release.
This was always the case, even before Covid.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
lol why would you resub to a-list 2 months ago, you thought you'd be sly and go see black widow and F9 "for free" but now you realize there ain't fuck all to see, eh?

good news at least is AMC is mostly paying you off, any A-Lister gets $10 in July in rewards bucks so thats like half of your sub fee, and you'll probably get that bribe again in august. go to the AMC subrreddit and there are other ways people are taking advantage

i'm waiting till there is at least one month where i wanna see 3 movies in theaters, i don't see that happening until 2022 tbh

and yeah A-List used to be min 6 month sub, 1 year no resub when you cancel. For the last year they dropped those things so i unsubbed no problem and can resub at any point now if i want (but will be stuck to min 3 month, 6 month cooldown) but I am not in any rush to resub. Honestly not even sure I ever will. I still have nearly $200 in reward bucks, i used $30 of that to see QP2 and F9 and will probably see Shang Chi and Eternals.