Movies That Would Be Made, If You Could Make It Happen

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
would love to see many movies inspired by games but i fear that all of them would turn out to be shit (which already happens).

Nuttin_sl

shitlord
I would bring back, Stargate Universe and Firefly (but as these are tv series and the topic is movies) I'd say Fallout - the movie

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I would make three movies/franchises if I had the power to do so:
Live action Season of the Mist (Sandman)
I would do the original three Shanarra books by Terry Brooks as a trilogy.
I would make a Snowcrash movie.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
The obvious answer to any video game movie would be to simply make a cgi version of the actual game where they translate the story word for word. But of course this would only ever happen when one of us wins a 500m powerball and bankrolls it ourselves. We can dream though.

Vlett

Lord Nagafen Raider
Fall of the Malazan Empire done Band of Brothers style(HBO). I really like how the units communicated on screen with the military / soldier humor. Their world is so big the show could go on for 10 seasons easily. If this got half the credit GoT has, they could even do spin off movies with origin stories of different Gods / Knights, etc.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
The Legends of Zelda (I always like Link to the Past story myself)
FF4 (FF2 SNES US) One of the best video game stories ever.

Voltron
Wheel of Time
Daredevil (it needs to be done right)

Ardbeg of AB

Trakanon Raider
The Fallout games would make a good movie or mini series I have always thought.

Johna Hex done right, the earlier series where he was just a bad ass, none of that speaking with the dead crap.

Frans G Bengtssons The Vikings would make a good mini series HBO stye.

Lobo, gritty non Hollywood style.

Raymond E Feists first trilogy.

iannis

Musty Nester
Actually I'd probably just give Terry Gilliam a wheelbarrow full of money and tell him to make that Don Quioxte movie, but do it right. If it's a 20 hour long movie... fuck it, it's a 20 hour long movie.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I would bring back, Stargate Universe and Firefly (but as these are tv series and the topic is movies) I'd say Fallout - the movie
I think you got the wrong Stargate there, bro. Or you never watched SG1... or hell, even Atlantis. Fuck I'd watch Enterprise over again before SGU.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
The Silmarilion. Maybe as an HBO series, but preferably as 3 movies. Some creative freedom would have to be used to come up with all the dialogue, but there is more than enough story there for 3 movies. I want to see Feanor try to solo like all the fucking Balrogs at once with today's top-end cinema magic. I don't know if an HBO series would be able to do shit like that justice.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
The movie I'd like to see made: Tiger! Tiger!

Really good book from the 50s about a future where nearly everyone can teleport around simply by thinking about it. A quick read that is extremely worth it, and the book would convert nicely to a film setting I think.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
The Silmarilion. Maybe as an HBO series, but preferably as 3 movies. Some creative freedom would have to be used to come up with all the dialogue, but there is more than enough story there for 3 movies. I want to see Feanor try to solo like all the fucking Balrogs at once with today's top-end cinema magic. I don't know if an HBO series would be able to do shit like that justice.
i've actually imagined a trailer for this.

[a star shines in the night. screen goes black.]

voice-over: You have come a long way

[a massive shore, a boat anchored. dark mountains take up the screen, a small pass of light in the middle. the boat carries tiny dots that appear to be men. another dot with a flowing gown--a lady stands on the shore to the side. a man with a flashlight? on his head walks into the pass]

voice: across the wide sea, to the Undying Lands

[we see the man stepping into an empty city of incredible beauty. the beam on his brow lights the way]

voice: through hardship

[we see a giant, half-human half-something, sitting on a great chair. other giants sit nearby in a ring of chairs. the man with light on his brow kneels before the giants. the voice-over belongs to the one named Mandos]

voice: through ruin, in the name of Elves and Men

[the kneeling man lifts his face, and the light above his eyes comes from a jewel set into a circlet]

Mados: Have you not, Earendil, son of Tuor

[rapid scenes unfold. skyscraper lamps, gods, a lake surrounded by stars, trees shriveling, ships burning, a girdle of mist, monsters, a city of caves, a giant shadow with three lights, oceans breaking the world, seeing stones, laughter in a temple as it drowns and sinks into the void]

big ass font:
THE SILMARILLION

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I would love to see Spider Man's Maximum Carnage collection made. It'll never happen though. WAY too many characters to introduce and give backstories on. The books were awesome though.

Another neat one would be Batman: Hush. Yeah, the biggest draw to this series was Jim Lee's artwork, but it was still good.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_40812.jpg

A new Monty Python with all the originals.