Mr. Robot

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
1st season of Black Sails was pretty bad imo, at least the first half was. Maybe I should give it another go.

Narco is really good but it could have been a few episodes shorter, it kinda dragged the last couple. I wish they wouldn't have covered such a large time frame so quickly. I don't know how a second season is going to work at this point.

I haven't watched Fargo yet but since it'll be like 18 - 20 months before another new episode, I have time to get caught up.

Empire....stop at the end of season 1.

Szlia

Binged watched this show and had a tough time watching the whole thing. I have a number of beefs with the show, but the main one is that you take a very very good subject (big business, banking, cyber security, hacking, hacktivism), but you derail the whole thing into some rocambolesque story with murders, split personalities and delusions that is totally uninteresting or at the very least a lot less interesting than the initial subject.

Del

Vyemm Raider
Interest for season 2 waning after I read that they hired Joey Bada$$ to be a recurring character. The sophomore slump could be real.

Anyway...

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I didn't know who Joey Badass was (googled it), but I don't see why that'd necessarily be a bad casting choice. Lots of rappers have had recurring roles in good shows and been successful.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Just started to get back into season 1- The episode 8 and 9 reveals were pretty fuckin absurd lol.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am firmly in the camp that Elliot is Tyrell. The scene with Elliot and Tyrell's wife seemed like she realized he was having an episode.

He also knew where Tyrell's keys were hiding in the SUV and seem to be playing the good angel bad angel on the shoulder.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I am firmly in the camp that Elliot is Tyrell. The scene with Elliot and Tyrell's wife seemed like she realized he was having an episode.

He also knew where Tyrell's keys were hiding in the SUV and seem to be playing the good angel bad angel on the shoulder.
That basically makes no sense given how the two characters have interacted with each other and others. The very first episode towards the end there is a meeting where they are both clearly present and interacting with others. It wouldn't be internally consistent at all. Not to mention it would basically be impossible for a single person to hold down both of those characters' jobs without anyone cluing in. It makes no sense at all, really.

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That basically makes no sense given how the two characters have interacted with each other and others. The very first episode towards the end there is a meeting where they are both clearly present and interacting with others. It wouldn't be internally consistent at all. Not to mention it would basically be impossible for a single person to hold down both of those characters' jobs without anyone cluing in. It makes no sense at all, really.
Ya, I just re-watched the season and I can't see that anymore.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets 2 More Episodes

USA Network has upped its Season 2 order of Golden Globe-winning drama series Mr. Robot from 10 episodes to 12 episodes. In addition, creator and exec producer Sam Esmail will direct all 12 episodes this season, and USA has set live after show Hacking Robot to air following the two-episode season 2 July 13 premiere.
Also, if you're looking to catch up or rewatch the first season and don't want to deal with USA's shitty player, it's available on Amazon Prime now.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
No comments on the "leaked" episode so far? Not sure if the second half is floating around out there somewhere, I only saw the first 40 minutes or so. But so far, so good.

Also, with the news clips of Obama, Panetta etc, are those just spliced together from things they've actually said? Or did they managed to get them on board?

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
It's a serious question, dude. Obama especially had a lot of lines in it, including specifically referencing character names.

'Mr. Robot' season 2 trailer includes a faux President Obama cameo - May. 16, 2016

According to that, it is indeed taken from other conferences, but the Wellick mention wasn't:

"There hasn't been anything like this in the past," the president says in the trailer. "This is going to be affecting our economy in ways that are extraordinarily significant."
"The FBI announced today that Tyrell Wellick and Fsociety engaged in this attack," Obama is heard saying in his faux cameo.
The first part of the quote are taken from Obama's end the year press conference in 2014. Obama did not dub the line about Tyrell Wellick and Fsociety.
So I guess they just used an impersonator and some CGI to move his lips or some shit? There are other legit websites out there that mention they have asked the network for comment on whether it was a true cameo, or fancy editing. So I'm not the only one.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Love this show but going to not watch the first few episodes right away so I can watch them in a binge like I did season 1.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This show is the kind of show you have to binge if the first season is any indicator. Because it started off really strong, then it went all "USA Network" on us for a few episodes, then it pulled it back together. The middle episodes of season 1 are just fucking stupid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user