Mr. Robot

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
When Elliot and Tyrell first met, Elliot was telling us about executives not using linux (or whatever) then Tyell says nearly word for word what Elliot was complaining about. It is not unusual for companies to embed someone to anther firm they are working with. So Tyrelliot could be working at both places. We rarely see him at the E Corp office. Funny he should run into him at the data center. The offer at the beginning with all of the other corp types could be imagined. It was the same room as the guy offing himself. Mr Robot in the car with Tyrell, yep. Wife may know he is nuts like his sister and Angela know and accept him. Wife takes advantage of it and pushes him. Says something about killing him if e hurt Tyrell. She wants Tyrell around. We know she is manipulative.

There is more, and there are holes. Remember this story is largely being told by someone who is clearly not in the right mind.
This one

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
That was kind of the crux of the entire thing that execs don't know what he is doing. This made Tyrell a fly in the ointment, his antagonist, always something to worry about. We almost always saw Tyrell at his office and we most definitely had Elliot at the AllSafe office at the same time something big was going down with Tyrell. The job offer could be a hallucination sure.

I think it would be more likely that the entire team is made up in his head and he is solo.

I think the nail in the coffin on the Tyrelliot theory is I am pretty sure that last fsociety video had Tyrell behind that mask. I will need to look at eye color and watch that scene over again.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
That was kind of the crux of the entire thing that execs don't know what he is doing. This made Tyrell a fly in the ointment, his antagonist, always something to worry about. We almost always saw Tyrell at his office and we most definitely had Elliot at the AllSafe office at the same time something big was going down with Tyrell. The job offer could be a hallucination sure.

I think it would be more likely that the entire team is made up in his head and he is solo.

I think the nail in the coffin on the Tyrelliot theory is I am pretty sure that last fsociety video had Tyrell behind that mask. I will need to look at eye color and watch that scene over again.
Awesome. Thank you. I was thinking the same with the mask(s) at the end. It is so crazy with the last episode if Tyrell was gone (in whatever way) and Elliot being in the SUV for days. The cashier only refereed to him as the payer.

I may have expressed it incorrectly in regard as fun. I meant that is is fun that we can speculate until we see it.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Shows/movies already take substantial liberties with multiple personalities. If Elliot is Tyrell they'd have to take even more, and it would be retarded to the point where Elliot could be anyone else in the show. Or everyone (rubber room scenario). Considering how careful they were with the scenes with Elliot and Mr. Robot, I seriously doubt the writers would not also take the same care with any other personality. Yeah, it's fun to entertain the idea, when your memory is a little hazy. But, if you go back and watch all of Elliot's interactions with Tyrell, you need to start making up a bunch of shit to keep that idea alive.

There is definitely something going on in the scene with Tyrell's wife, and I think that scene was really well done.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Does anyone else feel like this show started off like a 9/10 but declined slightly and got less interesting as the season progressed? I just found it harder to pay attention during the later episodes?

Caliane

Does anyone else feel like this show started off like a 9/10 but declined slightly and got less interesting as the season progressed? I just found it harder to pay attention during the later episodes?
nah. its just a spiraling story. the more we know, the less we know scenario..

Also, a bit too much Fight Club at times.

Shoe salesman scene was retarded.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I think Tyrell being elliot would be silly but I do have a question. Tyrell is the only character we see talking to Elliot's dad alone besides Elliot himself right? That scene where Tyrell and Elliot's dad are in the backseat of Tyrell's SUV.

That hasn't happened with any other character in the show as far as I know. So it's possible but honestly it would be really shitty writing and entirely fucking stupid.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
The only thing that intrigues me about Elliot being Tyrell is seeing how Tyrell's wife's manipulation fits into things, otherwise I'm sort of hopeful they don't go that route.

I think Tyrell being elliot would be silly but I do have a question. Tyrell is the only character we see talking to Elliot's dad alone besides Elliot himself right? That scene where Tyrell and Elliot's dad are in the backseat of Tyrell's SUV.

That hasn't happened with any other character in the show as far as I know. So it's possible but honestly it would be really shitty writing and entirely fucking stupid.
Wasn't Mr. Robot alone when he went to Romero's pot house to get him to rejoin fsociety?

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea apparently that was Elliot. You know, the Elliot that is aggressive and taunts other people with firearms.

I like this show a lot, but if Tyrell is Elliot, then I agree that Elliot could be basically anyone. What if Elliot is actually Angela? Like Im not trying to be a faggot, well maybe a little, but how fucking dumb would it be to find out Tyrell doesnt exist. Its just too fucking stupid. I mean think of it, so Elliot has a security team who secures bums for him to beat up when he had a rough day at the office (Allsafe? Maybe E Corp?l ol?)

Then him wearing fsociety mask at the end is the gotcha moment of the season though so I think we can put Tyrelliot to bed.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Yeah Elliot doesn't have enough time to maintain his apartment and that life plus the executive lifestyle that Tyrell was managing.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
A little.. I felt it jumped the shark a bit at the whole "I'm your father and this is your sister" moment, further compounded when Dad turned out to be a figment of his imagination. Still think it's a fantastic show, and would literally rate it as a 9.5/10 up until the whole "reveal". I also found the finale a bit weak.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Burned through the whole thing last nght and tonight. Great fucking show. The whole Tyrell = Elliot thing is dumb. It doesn't make sense in the least. It's a tv show so sure, anything's possible, but it would be dumb.

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Loved the series but felt like the last episode was kind of "off". It is highly implausible that tyrell = elliot but i guess the writers will do what they want.

Spork

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Loved the series but felt like the last episode was kind of "off". It is highly implausible that tyrell = elliot but i guess the writers will do what they want.
I think maybe like 1 crazy person in this thread thinks Elliot = Tyrell, and the writers sure as shit don't. You wanna know where Tyrell is? I'm guessing dead. We have 3 missing days to explore next season; some pretty insane shit must of went down if Elliot's mind had to black it out. My bet is it ends with the popcorn machine gun.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Good show. I do enjoy how cold they made the E-corp guys; they are even highlighting techniques actual large financial do. Like the rainy day fund? That actually happens in the face of SEC fines; in some cases, due to max limits on fines and the SEC making deals, it is simply more profitable to pay the fine than it is to avoid it. Especially if you can gain the capital now, so it can grow until you need to pay the fine off. Of course in the show it is a civil suit--but it shows how ineffective fines and suits are at making huge companies act morally. The only thing fines and law suits do is make companies act rationally; if they feel they can make more money poisoning people, and paying law suits--than they can NOT poisoning people, and avoiding law suits? They will poison you. So I really have no problem with how they are making the heads of the companies very calculating, and unfeeling...

But man the idealism of "freeing the world", and "waking people up" gets silly sometimes. Like when they were bitching at the dog pound, it is just useless goody talk with no weight and nuance unless someone or something shows the counter weight (Fuck I was dying for the pound guy to ask any of them if they'd like to adopt one of the poor dogs. Yeah, it's easy to spout idealism, but shuffle on up for the responsibility of it). In the case of E-corp, just having someone be antagonistic in, or outside of, Fsociety, and explaining what would actually happen if people couldn't take on debt (it would actually be a bad thing in most cases.), would have been great. Just someone to check Mr. Robot, and the rest of their overly romanticized ramblings, get them to think of the good stuff that is done within the same systems that the bad stuff is done on.

Having counter points like that would have made the show would a lot meatier, and made people think more. Like if after the crash you saw people having difficulty because the things they relied on broke down, beyond just having to use cash (Though, this might have been just a time thing--since a lot of the damaging effects would take a few weeks to show up. Hopefully they show it next season). But any push back would be good, hell, when Mr. Robot was saying "we haven't been in the real world since the turn of the century"--I wish some other personality would have asked wtf that even means? What does being real mean you're sick and miserable?

In any case, I like the shows basic premise, I do think it isgreatwhen they focus on the wealth and power gap, and focuses on little people being shit on by those things...but man, I wish there was more bite back to create some nuance, especially when the main characters get overly romantic and pine for the days of shitting in out houses and eating "real" food (Apparently). Was really hoping Tyrell was there to add that; like some rational counter points from the "evil side" about the big picture. Or was hoping Darlene at E-corp was supposed to show it, but it seems like they are just going to use her there to show how super-evil the CEO is, since apparently she's there to fuck over Eliot. (Though, I do think they tried to offer some nuance with showing how Eliots activities fucked Allsafe, or even showing how his team was disenchanted at the chaos at the end--but still, wish there was more.)

velk

Trakanon Raider
I thought they made it pretty clear that fsociety had no idea what the consequences would be.

Why have someone tell them they are being dumbasses when they can show it?

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Yup. I gave up watching after episode 5 or 6.
The fight club thing is not really my cup of tea.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I thought they kind of started to address the fallout, no reason to rush it, right now they are still in the early days. We see some minor consequences, see that even in victory the fsociety guys still appear empty, it didn't solve their problems, at least not Darlene and Elliot. Having someone just talk about the fallout, especially like day one, would have been weak. I'd rather they show it next season more naturally.