MS and Open Source

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

dizzie

Triggered Happy
As we all know MS have bought git and have opened up some of their code recently. Do you think they will ever let Windows be an open source project? They know they dropped the ball watching google with android and mobile.. How would you feel if if windows was open source? Coders will shit a fit I think, lots would like this and I think it would be a great move.

How do you feel about it - personally, I think them buying github is a bit of statement and I hope they open up their code - that can only be a good thing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Windows does some really stupid stuff from a development standpoint. How they handle code pages makes programming in windows a real headache once you have to go outside of the 1252 code page. I'd love if an open source windows meant some 3rd parties fixed a lot of what makes windows different from a development standpoint. It doesn't need to go away, just less of a stick in the mud.