MS DOS Games

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
There are so many good DOS games out there. You should really narrow down what sort of games you like playing. Just on the title page I see classics such as:

Oregon Trail (Not the best game ever made, but it's short and a classic that is often refered to)
Dune 2, one of the earliest and best RTS games
Leisure Suite Larry 1, classic dirty adventure game
Scorched Earth, fantastic tank artillery game (ala Worms)
Doom, If you've never heard of Doom, gtfo!
Prince of Persia, classic platformer
Lemmings 2, another classic puzzle/platformer
Wolfenstein 3D, the birth of the FPS.

And I couldn't be arsed to scroll further down. As I say, narrow your field of interest and you'll get more help. Alternatively, you can go to GOG.com and buy many of these games there ready to run on modern systems without hassle. Usually only a few bucks.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Duke Nukem 3D. That game will always have a soft spot in my heart. Having said that, I doubt I'll ever touch the "new" Duke Nukem from a few years ago.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
Duke Nukem Fake3D
It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum!

...and I'm all outta gum!

Siliconemelons

Duke Nukem 3D. That game will always have a soft spot in my heart. Having said that, I doubt I'll ever touch the "new" Duke Nukem from a few years ago.
saw it and its 2 x-pacs are getting a HD release on PSN... I am sure this has been posted somewhere..

don't know if they are on the list but old dos games that are classics..

Space + Kings + Hero's (Quest for Glory) Quest series
Descent
Lords of the Realm 2
Castles 2

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I don't see my favorite DOS game on the list. I can't remember the name, but it was 2 gorillas standing on buildings throwing exploding bananas at each other. You had to enter the angle and force to launch the banana, and the gravity and wind would change. It was probably called Gorillas, but for some reason I think it might have been called Donkey too.

But I will be downloading wolfenstein3D as soon as I find it.

Cybsled

Ha, my and my friends used to play the shit out of Scorched Earth. We used to ban deaths heads, super napalm, and nukes ;p

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
In other news, both Myst and Riven no longer play on modern day computers. Oh well.

My friends and I used to do modem matches in Command and Conquer: Red Alert, back in High School. The original red alert.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Buck Rogers Matrix Cubed was a fun game back in the day. Similar to the Gold Box D&D games using the Buck Rogers system that TSR created as a licensed product with a very fantastical version of Buck Rogers that had more in common with Flash Gordon style.

I tried the version on the archive, but had some issue with being unable to create and save a party...

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
I don't see my favorite DOS game on the list. I can't remember the name, but it was 2 gorillas standing on buildings throwing exploding bananas at each other. You had to enter the angle and force to launch the banana, and the gravity and wind would change. It was probably called Gorillas, but for some reason I think it might have been called Donkey too.

But I will be downloading wolfenstein3D as soon as I find it.
Oh man, I remember playing that on my brother's 386. If I remember correctly, it wasn't an .exe itself, but you had to launch it through some editor/programing program? Basic maybe?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I guess Strahd's Possession is up there but Stone Prophet isn't.

Doesn't matter, I still got the disks, along with the Menzoberranzan disk.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Oh man, I remember playing that on my brother's 386. If I remember correctly, it wasn't an .exe itself, but you had to launch it through some editor/programing program? Basic maybe?
gorillas.bas

Just a shitty version of Scorched Earth