MS DOS Games

Siliconemelons

Sierra games were the best back in the day, loved every one of them.. i tried to do a few of the updated ones when they made it mouse click to do everything. It was just not the same. I loved that you had to figure out what to type and how to do things.
>get ball
you don't see a ball
>look under bridge
you see a ball
>get ball under bridge
you can't reach that
>use stick
what do you want to use the stick on
>ball
you don't see a ball

aarrrggghhhh
hahah great games
smile.png
Yeah I only picked them up in the point and click era- as you know, I cant spell...couldn't then and still cant so the type command games where double infuriating to me :) but I loved playing all the VGA remakes with the new point and click systems. I think space quest 3 was a type and click system so it kinda was my bridge- but 4 and 5 hold a place in my heart (even if 5 suffered from the same fate as startrek 5!)

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Does anyone recall the old DOS street racing game where you would race hot rods for cash and pink slips? That was also one we played a lot in computer shop. Playing it off a floppy was absolutely ridiculous. It took forever to load. lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Does anyone recall the old DOS street racing game where you would race hot rods for cash and pink slips? That was also one we played a lot in computer shop. Playing it off a floppy was absolutely ridiculous. It took forever to load. lol
I remember playing D&D Pool of Radiance with my dad on the Commodore 64, it had 8 of the 5.5 inch floppy disks you had to swap in and out depending on where you were, it took us weeks to get to the trolls. Once they remade it for the PC years later when I was a teenager, we decided to do it again...it took us hours to get to the trolls.

Moving forward one space, loading new disk...accidentally hitting the back arrow after it loaded...MOTHER FU(#%^()#&$%

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
As a kid I remember when I saw the Crusader: No Remorse box in the store I was really confused why the stormtrooper was red instead of white.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
The summoning and veil of darkness are both in that emulator thing. Both are really good, but I tried the summoning and the music was kind of broken, and the software mouse cursor didn't track with mine so I couldn't click on something in char creation and got kind of stuck there.

Chris

Potato del Grande
In other news, both Myst and Riven no longer play on modern day computers. Oh well.
You could get the PS1 versions (so would there be a playable emulator version?), each box comes with a ton of CDs. I think they had to invent a new type of box for Riven since 4 was not enough
smile.png

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
The Williams arcade ports to DOS were really good, especially if you had a joystick. The best one was Sinistar.

Sadly, they run really slow on the site.