MTG: Arena

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Chandra is the only walker in the core set, calm your titties children.

The 3 mana version looks absurdly powerful though.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
I don't think control purists are the scum of the earth or anything, I just can't imagine enjoying that playstyle is all.
I enjoy when I play a control deck, mind you I'm a stompy player. When a control deck wins it is rather satisfying.

I hate this Meta. Really boring.

Sterling

El Presidente
Combo > control > aggro > midrange. That's generally how I rank archetypes in general but specifics obviously matter. Problem with recent magic is all the other archetypes have picked up a lot of Midrange aspects since that's where the majority of the good cards have been.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
People that play Tefri Time Raveler and counter spell are most assuredly scum.

Aggro < Midrange
Midrange < Control
Control < Aggro

Combo decks are there own thing and have weakness against the randomization inherent in the game.

Currently I see Control as to strong which has led to Aggro becoming to strong as a response and the those two archetypes pushing Midrange out as a result. Elder Gods have somewhat brought Midrange back but only one of those has a true Midrange casting cost.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
People that play Tefri Time Raveler and counter spell are most assuredly scum.

Aggro < Midrange
Midrange < Control
Control < Aggro

Combo decks are there own thing and have weakness against the randomization inherent in the game.

Currently I see Control as to strong which has led to Aggro becoming to strong as a response and the those two archetypes pushing Midrange out as a result. Elder Gods have somewhat brought Midrange back but only one of those has a true Midrange casting cost.

The real irony is esper has become so powerful they dont even main board counters a lot of the time anymore

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The real irony is esper has become so powerful they dont even main board counters a lot of the time anymore
It's because they're always tapping out for powerful walkers and removal. Like I said the control and aggro decks have a bunch of midrange cards in them now, because that's where all the most powerful cards have been the last few years.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
It's becoming hard to want to even log in to do 5 wins a day even with the "healthy" meta variety.

Even in non ladder it's some iteration of control/mass manip/super friends/nissa which is making the amount of time spent per game go way up especially with all the netdeckers not being able to pilot their decks efficiently and spending practically their entire timer to do one thing.

• 3Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
It's becoming hard to want to even log in to do 5 wins a day even with the "healthy" meta variety.

Even in non ladder it's some iteration of control/mass manip/super friends/nissa which is making the amount of time spent per game go way up especially with all the netdeckers not being able to pilot their decks efficiently and spending practically their entire timer to do one thing.

The 4 mana Nissa plus ability is freaking stupid for the cost.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I am just making jank shit to play because I love playing aggro. I end up playing mono green cuz Nissa who shakes the world is too good.
I threw this together just to have some fun. It's definitely not perfect.

4 Kraul Harpooner (GRN) 136
3 Druid of the Cowl (M19) 177
4 Song of Freyalise (DAR) 179
20 Forest (RIX) 196
3 God-Eternal Rhonas (WAR) 163
4 Wildgrowth Walker (XLN) 216
4 Ixalli's Diviner (XLN) 192
4 Jadelight Ranger (RIX) 136
4 Merfolk Branchwalker (XLN) 197
3 Incubation Druid (RNA) 131
3 Nissa, Who Shakes the World (WAR) 169
4 Planewide Celebration (WAR) 172

Rime

<Donor>
NEWS!
Pre-Order for M20 is up. $49.99 = 50 Packs,
1 x
chandraawakenedinferno.jpg
and the 'foil' skin for it.

• 2Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
These events are just fucking painful. There isn't anything fun about them.

• 2Like

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
That event didn't even take 45 mins. So many early concedes the second I gird of battled a pair of fliers or convoked the elephant.

1 Forest (RIX) 196
12 Plains (RIX) 192
4 Sunpetal Grove (XLN) 257
4 Temple Garden (GRN) 258
2 Ajani, Adversary of Tyrants (M19) 3
2 Ajani, the Greathearted (WAR) 184
3 Ajani's Welcome (M19) 6
4 Ajani's Pridemate (M19) 5
4 Gird for Battle (GRN) 12
2 Gideon Blackblade (WAR) 13
4 Venerated Loxodon (GRN) 30
4 Grateful Apparition (WAR) 17
4 Huatli's Raptor (WAR) 200
4 Healer's Hawk (GRN) 14
4 Skymarcher Aspirant (RIX) 21
2 Resplendent Angel (M19) 34

• 3Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Well I went 7-2 in draft with a deck that was below average because of outplaying people lol.

Also so far first game of the event had someone concede turn 3 to me because I killed their wildgrowth walker with chamber sentry with an explore on the stack.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user