MTG: Arena

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This weeks event sucks hardcore. How did it get though testing without anyone noticing that its terrible is beyond me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Lol, so many people played merfolk for this event. Was so many free wins.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I'm doing a Simic Manipulation type deck for this Counters event. Entrancing Melody for X=0 to steal opposing Armies or Ugin's Conjurants is pretty clutch.

Vaclav

It sucks? Eh... been super easy for me, everyone playing the same easy to counter bullshit. Think I've had one loss so far.

Siddar

Yea its sucks! I also noticed they cut the required wins from 15 to 10.

Last edited:

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Event almost boils down to going first. I have won a few not going first but if I go first, I usually win. The Green/White deck posted earlier really just swarms most opponents before they can react. The Simic deck could give it a run with a well timed entrancing Melody. I have never gone through my dailies as fast as I did today.

Del

Vyemm Raider
It was nice yesterday when people were running stupid merfolk decks. I'd whip out at 13/13 bioessence hydra on turn 4 and they'd become demoralized and insta concede. I kinda regret not going for all 10 wins yesterday.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
My biggest win yet that didn't end with a forfeit, lulz.

winning.PNG

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Watching people do the counters event with shitty merfolk decks is quite something. U/G is fine, but you need to just play good individual cards and not all those shitass merfolk. Druid and Biogenic Ooze are wild.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Watching people do the counters event with shitty merfolk decks is quite something. U/G is fine, but you need to just play good individual cards and not all those shitass merfolk. Druid and Biogenic Ooze are wild.
Playing my simic deck w ooze, druid, krasis with ascendancy. They quit pretty fast.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I work all week grinding these golds only to get smashed 1/3 in draft today. FML. I either win 7 or win 1 in drafts.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

When I saw this I thought about my Stompy Queen Mist Mist

Not because you look like a troll i mean uhh.. because it's a 3/3 for 2 with protection.

• 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Oh god they ARE bringing scry lands back as the replacement for check lands.

Standard is going to be awful once the check lands rotate. Theros block all over again.

Sterling

El Presidente
Oh god they ARE bringing scry lands back as the replacement for check lands.

Standard is going to be awful once the check lands rotate. Theros block all over again.
My issue with Theros Standard was that the devotion decks were largely the same with Theros as they were later on. Also I generally liked Scrylands, 3 color mana bases should come at a cost, even if it's just 8+ of your lands always coming into play tapped. I also rather enjoyed the 1 Elixir, U/W no win con control deck.

• 2Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
My issue with Theros Standard was that the devotion decks were largely the same with Theros as they were later on. Also I generally liked Scrylands, 3 color mana bases should come at a cost, even if it's just 8+ of your lands always coming into play tapped. I also rather enjoyed the 1 Elixir, U/W no win con control deck.
As someone who likes playing mono colors, it is kind of ridiculous that 2-3 color decks seem to have no drawbacks atm.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users