MTG: Arena

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
719.4. If a loop contains only mandatory actions, the game is a draw. (See rules 104.4b and 104.4f.)

104.4b If a game that’s not using the limited range of influence option (including a two-player game) somehow enters a “loop” of mandatory actions, repeating a sequence of events with no way to stop, the game is a draw. Loops that contain an optional action don’t result in a draw

104.4f In a multiplayer game using the limited range of influence option, if the game somehow enters a “loop” of mandatory actions, repeating a sequence of events with no way to stop, the game is a draw for each player who controls an object that’s involved in that loop, as well as for each player within the range of influence of any of those players. Only those players leave the game; the game continues for all other players.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
719.4. If a loop contains only mandatory actions, the game is a draw. (See rules 104.4b and 104.4f.)

104.4b If a game that’s not using the limited range of influence option (including a two-player game) somehow enters a “loop” of mandatory actions, repeating a sequence of events with no way to stop, the game is a draw. Loops that contain an optional action don’t result in a draw

104.4f In a multiplayer game using the limited range of influence option, if the game somehow enters a “loop” of mandatory actions, repeating a sequence of events with no way to stop, the game is a draw for each player who controls an object that’s involved in that loop, as well as for each player within the range of influence of any of those players. Only those players leave the game; the game continues for all other players.

that seems pretty clear

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Yeah a mandatory loop draws the game right now it just goes on until it crashes.

In an optional loop like Nexus you have to advance the board state when the loop becomes a lock ie you can't miss it. When you get to that point you have to say how many times you active the loop then pass

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
ohhhh the client doesn't actually hand out the draw it just loops until crash (and I assume that results in a loss)? lol

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
people concede so easily. i've had so many matches lately where my opponent concedes at 20 life, or close to it. as soon as i get even a little lead they just bail. i don't mind if people concede when we're near the final turn and it looks inevitable, but if we both have a board and you have 20 life why would you bail? smh.

[/rant]

jesus christ, just had a guy concede to me when he had 32 life and i had 6. he even had just taken out my biggest threat on the board, what i had left was pretty piddly (tho so was his), and he had no idea about the contents of the four cards in my hand. i just don't get it.

earlier tonight i played a guy who had me down to 4 life while he was at 40 (his Mardu angel / demon / devil deck with that new Mardu legendary critter vs. my Orzhov vampires). yeah i probably would have gotten more wins total if i had just conceded earlier instead of playing it out for the like 30-40 minutes it took, but it sure felt like a damn big accomplishment when i won.

p.s. / protip -- stick a couple Settle the Wreckage in your BO1 vampires decks, they never see it coming, has saved the day for me a bunch of times so far since i added it.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am beginning to think that there is a mod out there that allows a player to see the opponents hand. That or there is a trick a player can do that reveals it. It would explain the questionable concedes and also explain times when certain actions were obvious...unless they knew what I was holding.

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
Maybe in my head, but I like to think I’m good at pattern recognition.

Anyone else think the shuffler ratios are totally different since m20 launched?

First of all I consistently get 3-4 lands almost every draw which didn’t used to happen.

Secondly, I keep getting over and over again 3-4 of the same card in the opening hand, or sometimes I’ll get two opening hand and then another 1 or 2 on the next card draw. It *seems* very unlikely this would happen so frequently naturally.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
"Secondly, I keep getting over and over again 3-4 of the same card in the opening hand, or sometimes I’ll get two opening hand and then another 1 or 2 on the next card draw. It *seems* very unlikely this would happen so frequently naturally."

I was playing a sealed game. I got 2 identical opening hands in a row. It is interesting that you noted this.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Maybe in my head, but I like to think I’m good at pattern recognition.

Anyone else think the shuffler ratios are totally different since m20 launched?

First of all I consistently get 3-4 lands almost every draw which didn’t used to happen.

Secondly, I keep getting over and over again 3-4 of the same card in the opening hand, or sometimes I’ll get two opening hand and then another 1 or 2 on the next card draw. It *seems* very unlikely this would happen so frequently naturally.

I just played a game as Mono-Red where I pulled 1 land in 14 cards.

Hindsight being 20/20, I'd obviously mulligan my 1 land opening hand. But, also wtf?

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I just played a game as Mono-Red where I pulled 1 land in 14 cards.

Hindsight being 20/20, I'd obviously mulligan my 1 land opening hand. But, also wtf?
I mean while shitty, that's a ~ 4 percent occurance on a 1 lander in a 20 land deck.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The deck matching is still far more of a bullshit tactic than the land shaping.

I am almost never matched against mono-red when I play anything else, and am nearly exclusively matched against mono-red (with about 20% esper/BUG control) when I play mono-red. It is unreal.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
The deck matching is still far more of a bullshit tactic than the land shaping.

I am almost never matched against mono-red when I play anything else, and am nearly exclusively matched against mono-red (with about 20% esper/BUG control) when I play mono-red. It is unreal.
Is this something that's happening in unranked or something? I face a pretty wide variety of decks while mythic laddering. Both Bo3 and Bo1.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Is this something that's happening in unranked or something? I face a pretty wide variety of decks while mythic laddering. Both Bo3 and Bo1.

It happens most often in regular "Play" mode, but I've noticed it happens in Bo1 too.

To be fair, most of my time is spent in "Play" mode these days, but it shouldn't happen anywhere.

• 1Solidarity