MTG: Arena

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm not on the free to play track. What's hard to understand about it?

I paid the 3600 for the other track which you cannot reach level 100 without logging in every single day that exists and as it currently exists needing to buy level(s) to get to 100.

I also spend money on this game regularly every set.

There are no season passes for a single game out there that requires a daily XP cap. Once you pay you can get it whenever you want as long as you put in the time. This model is bordering on mobile phone gacha games which is predatory and nonsense.

SO FUCKING WHAT

You still get so much more shit if you're on the paid track, jesus fucking christ, someone math'd it out and you are break even on gems spent around level 48

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
No one would complain about this if they didn't show the "cap" the fact that people think that it's not a value unless you hit lvl 100 can't do math.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
SO FUCKING WHAT

You still get so much more shit if you're on the paid track, jesus fucking christ, someone math'd it out and you are break even on gems spent around level 48

I don't care about the "value" I want the cosmetics. I don't give a shit about packs of any sort. I've got enough wildcards to last me until the next ice age.

I will be out of town probably an entire month during this pass with limited/no internet while traveling for vacation and then when I travel for work I typically binge play MTGA.

So all those days I miss out on can't be caught up because of daily XP cap unless I decide I'm going to drop another $200 for a card back.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
wat

you're still short but who cares it just resets (and i'm pretty sure they've already said they are changing that next month)

you cheap mother fuckers are crazy, when it comes to 'free' card games this is the best you're gonna get as far as free shit, if you can't handle that this is the wrong game for you

not even sure wtf you're talking about with "i care because I paid for it", da fuq

Who cares? Everyone who posts on these forums would care if they played ARENA.

Really you just said who care about getting max level in video game on FoH forum.

Last edited:

Sterling

El Presidente
As a thing if you played earlier today before the patch and got 3 wins or did your dailies and whatnot you can't get any xp today.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Ill change my tune a bit and agree that it should be a weekly vs daily cap. Thats my only real problem with the system so far

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
^Agreed. Weekly cap would solve the majority of my complaints with it.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
New Sorin based vamp deck can kill you in a hurry. Still looking at the main cards I'd like to focus on early but I might end up crafting that deck. Seems fun. I also played a lot more mtg back when dungeon geists were out so may get some nostalgia going.

• 1Like

Jackie Treehorn

<Gold Donor>
The hexproof leyline is pretty hilarious along with the exile cards one.

I’ve had a couple of red and dimir decks concede quickly if not just fizzle out with those.

It was hilarious because I got both out on one game against a guy playing a deck with stitcher’s supplier to mill himself and dredge cards, he moused over the exile leyline and immediately conceded. Good times.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
New Sorin based vamp deck can kill you in a hurry. Still looking at the main cards I'd like to focus on early but I might end up crafting that deck. Seems fun. I also played a lot more mtg back when dungeon geists were out so may get some nostalgia going.
Sorin is real, real good. 1 drop, 2 more 1 drops, sorin -3 in dusk dude, draw 4? holy shit. Vampire deck nut draw is real, real scary.

• 1Solidarity

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The hexproof leyline is pretty hilarious along with the exile cards one.

I’ve had a couple of red and dimir decks concede quickly if not just fizzle out with those.

It was hilarious because I got both out on one game against a guy playing a deck with stitcher’s supplier to mill himself and dredge cards, he moused over the exile leyline and immediately conceded. Good times.

I tried the blue leyline and ran into an issue. I might not understand the rules but I presumed when a planeswalker enters the field you get to use one of its abilities regardless if cast instantly. I played a Planeswalker on my opponents turn but it did not allow me to use any of its abilities until it went to my turn. That was a bummer.

Trying out a sealed tournament. I cannot complain as I pulled 3 mythics. Running white/blue with the Ajani and the Cavalier of Gales. I also got a good bit of creature control. Won the first game so far.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

That's the first new deck I put together. That new 1-mana vamp is a champ.

• 1Solidarity

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
post tha decks

sorted by card type:

4 Knight of the Ebon Legion (M20) 105
4 Legion Lieutenant (RIX) 163
4 Bishop's Soldier (XLN) 6
4 Bloodthirsty Aerialist (M20) 91
3 Bishop of Binding (RIX) 2
4 Champion of Dusk (RIX) 64
3 Vona, Butcher of Magan (XLN) 231
1 Vengeant Vampire (G18) GP3

4 Legion's Landing (XLN) 22

3 Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (WAR) 217
4 Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord (M20) 115

7 Swamp (RIX) 194
6 Plains (RIX) 192
4 Godless Shrine (RNA) 248
4 Isolated Chapel (DAR) 241
1 Temple of Silence (M20) 256

formatted to import to MTGA:

6 Plains (RIX) 192
7 Swamp (RIX) 194

this is for best-of-1. have a tentative sideboard list tho:

2 Conclave Tribunal (GRN) 6
2 Mortify (RNA) 192
2 Cast Down (DAR) 81
2 Despark (WAR) 190
1 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
2 Consecrate // Consume (RNA) 224
1 Oath of Kaya (WAR) 209
3 Duress (M19) 94

but the maindeck was a bit different when i picked this sideboard.

depending on what you like, you might want to do Adanto Vanguard instead of Bishop's Soldier. i like the early lifegain to help power Vona life-payment based removal later on, plus to pump up flying black Ajani's Pridesmate (Bloodthirsty Aerialist). also, Conclave Tribunal or similar is probably better than Bishop of Binding, i just like the added vampire flavor. and it functions similarly to Deputy of Detention or Hostage Taker in it's interaction with the 4-mana Sorin.

Venegant Vampire was mostly just an afterthought, was looking for death-triggered removal for 3-mana Sorin's sacrifice ability and that was the best i could come up with.

if anyone wants to have fun with Vampires then do it before rotation comes with the next Standard set release this fall. it's the Core 2020 additions that make the deck work finally, but the Ixalan block stuff is essential too. unless there's a bunch of good vampire stuff in the set when rotation happens, this is our only chance.

Last edited:

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
sorted by card type:

7 Swamp (RIX) 194
6 Plains (RIX) 192

formatted to import to MTGA:

6 Plains (RIX) 192
7 Swamp (RIX) 194

this is for best-of-1. have a tentative sideboard list tho:

2 Conclave Tribunal (GRN) 6
2 Mortify (RNA) 192
2 Cast Down (DAR) 81
2 Despark (WAR) 190
1 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
2 Consecrate // Consume (RNA) 224
1 Oath of Kaya (WAR) 209
3 Duress (M19) 94

but the maindeck was a bit different when i picked this sideboard.

depending on what you like, you might want to do Adanto Vanguard instead of Bishop's Soldier. i like the early lifegain to help power Vona life-payment based removal later on, plus to pump up flying black Ajani's Pridesmate (Bloodthirsty Aerialist). also, Conclave Tribunal or similar is probably better than Bishop of Binding, i just like the added vampire flavor. and it functions similarly to Deputy of Detention or Hostage Taker in it's interaction with the 4-mana Sorin.

Venegant Vampire was mostly just an afterthought, was looking for death-triggered removal for 3-mana Sorin's sacrifice ability and that was the best i could come up with.

if anyone wants to have fun with Vampires then do it before rotation comes with the next Standard set release this fall. it's the Core 2020 additions that make the deck work finally, but the Ixalan block stuff is essential too. unless there's a bunch of good vampire stuff in the set when rotation happens, this is our only chance.

They seriously need to make a way to trade up wildcards.

Currently have 100+ Common/Uncommon and 9 Rare/Mythic.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I'm digging vampire tribal. Getting to actually use all these high cost vamp cards for once.

Been running on ladder with about a 75% win rate mainly getting shit on by manipulation decks stealing my big creatures but otherwise it's great. Will definitely be tweaking to try out some ebon legion.

4 Dusk Legion Zealot (RIX) 70
4 Cruel Celebrant (WAR) 188
3 Legion's Landing (XLN) 22
3 Adanto Vanguard (XLN) 1
2 Sorin, Vengeful Bloodlord (WAR) 217
2 Vengeant Vampire (G18) GP3
2 Vampire of the Dire Moon (M20) 120
2 Mavren Fein, Dusk Apostle (XLN) 24
1 The Haunt of Hightower (RNA) 273
1 Elenda, the Dusk Rose (RIX) 157
1 Bishop of Rebirth (XLN) 5
1 Champion of Dusk (RIX) 64
4 Scoured Barrens (M20) 251
5 Swamp (RIX) 194
5 Plains (RIX) 192

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Vamp decks were getting lucky yesterday but I was losing by turn 5 way too consistently. Once Sorin drops, he not only has to be answered quickly but he usually drops something else that requires quick answers as well. Nothing is more broken than getting free shit and this is no different. Sanctum Seeker or Champion of Dusk with Sorin is ridiculous on Turn 3. In many ways, it's a more powerful turn 3 play than a perfect Nissa hand. I also like that the deck has lots of early synergistic plays that fuck over normal removal. Turn 3 Sorin and fatty wastes my ritual of soot. Turn 3 Aerialist or pumping the Ebon Legion discounts a lot of the value of Cry. It's just harder to get an easy backbreaking clear.

I also played against a solid elemental deck. Risen Reef is absolutely ridiculous if it stays on board for even a turn.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users