MTG: Arena

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
you're a fucking retard if you're not doing golos field or bant ramp or something that counters both those

Yup I'm going with the Simic Ramp I mentioned. It's pretty really close to the Bant Ramp lists around. Based on a Simic Ramp list that was in the final 8 of that recent tourney. No retardation here.

Last edited:

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
Yeah it's what Kuro said, I guess I'm still partially confused as to why it double triggers off lands #6 AND #7 coming into play simultaneously if Field of the Dead only says it should trigger on 7 or more. If the player already had 6 other lands on the field and Circuitous let him play #7 and #8 then it would make perfect sense, but how can the 6th land trigger a condition requiring 7 lands or more? I see what he said about the game checking the field after the effect resolves and "seeing" 7 lands both times thus causing a 2x zombie proc, but I guess my question is why does it delay "looking" at the field for the trigger until the end?

Is this just purely an Arena thing that causes this trigger or would this play out the exact same way in a real life table game? If it's just the way the Arena trigger check works then i'll leave it alone.

The simplest way to explain it is cards like valakut and field check every time a land enters the battlefield. Next, cards fully resolve before triggers (or anything else) happen.

So land 6 and 7 enter the battlefield from route (or in valakut decks, sometimes every land) at the same time. Now that card is resolved, Field sees new lands are here and triggers, because it checks on every land. It sees 7 and shits out zombie, then repeats for the second land.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah it's what Kuro said, I guess I'm still partially confused as to why it double triggers off lands #6 AND #7 coming into play simultaneously if Field of the Dead only says it should trigger on 7 or more. If the player already had 6 other lands on the field and Circuitous let him play #7 and #8 then it would make perfect sense, but how can the 6th land trigger a condition requiring 7 lands or more? I see what he said about the game checking the field after the effect resolves and "seeing" 7 lands both times thus causing a 2x zombie proc, but I guess my question is why does it delay "looking" at the field for the trigger until the end?

Is this just purely an Arena thing that causes this trigger or would this play out the exact same way in a real life table game? If it's just the way the Arena trigger check works then i'll leave it alone.
It's a little bit counterintuitive because we want to think of it as sequential with respect to the lands (especially in paper because you're getting them out of your library/hand one at a time), but that's not what the card is saying for its condition.

"When a land enters the battlefield, do you have seven lands with different names?" is the question that trigger is asking the game. It's not "When a land enters the battlefield, is this the seventh uniquely-named land?" because it triggers for your eighth, ninth, tenth, etc,. lands after all. The card is asking the game for a count of how many lands with unique names you have at the time the lands enter the battlefield to determine if you're getting a zombie token. Since you're getting both lands at the same time, that count is seven for each trigger, because the number of lands you have went from 5 directly to 7. It doesn't matter how you got them, all that matters is that Field wants to know, for each of the two lands coming in, if you have seven uniquely-named lands, and you do.

Last edited:

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Fields seems fucky anyway - it says it's supposed to proc for 7 or more lands, but if you have 5 lands out, and play (some card I can't think the name of) that lets you put 2 lands on the field tapped, i've seen it proc 2 zombies off the "6th" AND "7th" land that you then play.

That can't be intended right?
They had eggs...
Wife: Honey can you go and buy 1 milk, and if they have eggs, buy 2.
Wife: Honey why did you buy 2 milks.
Programmer: They had eggs.

• 2Worf
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Went 10-2 on the event with Golo Field, Strong deck my two losses where to Esper Dance where I made a giant mistake that cost me the game and a Simic flash super hot hand.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
I went 6-0 with Bant Golos but then lost 2 in a row to mono black cat oven decks. That matchup was rough when they could ping me for 4+ every turn and wiping their board just fills their hand.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Sterling

El Presidente
I went 6-0 with Bant Golos but then lost 2 in a row to mono black cat oven decks. That matchup was rough when they could ping me for 4+ every turn and wiping their board just fills their hand.
Yeah I played bant golos myself ended up 8-2 and played that mono black deck 3 times and went 1-2 against it. That isn't a very good matchup at all.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Started out with Mono Black Cats, lost to Bant Golos; switched to Bant Golos, lost to Esper Dance. Feels bad.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Give me a list for Bant Ramp and Simic Ramp, I haven't been paying attention to MTG but I want to fuck some people up while I sit in this WoW queue.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Give me a list for Bant Ramp and Simic Ramp, I haven't been paying attention to MTG but I want to fuck some people up while I sit in this WoW queue.

Maindeck:

Creatures
1 Agent of Treachery
3 Arboreal Grazer
1 Beanstalk Giant
4 Hydroid Krasis
2 Realm-Cloaked Giant

Instants
4 Growth Spiral
4 Once Upon a Time

Legendary Artifact Creatures
4 Golos, Tireless Pilgrim

Legendary Planeswalkers
2 Oko, Thief of Crowns
2 Teferi, Time Raveler

Sorceries
4 Circuitous Route
1 Time Wipe

Basic Lands
2 Forest
2 Island
2 Plains

Lands
1 Azorius Guildgate
1 Boros Guildgate
2 Breeding Pool
1 Castle Vantress
3 Fabled Passage
4 Field of the Dead
1 Golgari Guildgate
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Izzet Guildgate
1 Selesnya Guildgate
1 Simic Guildgate
2 Temple Garden
1 Temple of Malady
1 Temple of Mystery
1 Thornwood Falls

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Went 10/2 with a pretty standard Jeskai Fires/Superfriends deck. First game was a loss... went against Gruul Aggro. Opening hand was six lands and Sarkhan, so mulliganed into 1 land and no fires, then again into four lands and Ugin...

Last loss was to a hot handed Simic Ramp.

I did not run into any of the Cat/Witch decks.

Lots of Simic. Lots of Gruul.

A few Rakdos haste with the new rogue Legendary and Robber of the Rich, gets out of hand real quick. Were probably my closest wins.

Last edited:

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
i fucked up.

I thought you can enter multiple times. i put the wrong cards won 1, realized on game two, decided to quit my 2 games to fix the bad 2 cards. conceded 2 in a row.

I was playing a hybrid elemental with 2 of lots of things.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
le jank i used

3 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
1 Temple of Epiphany (M20) 253
1 Blast Zone (WAR) 244
3 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
2 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
3 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
3 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
3 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
2 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
2 Temple of Malady (M20) 254
2 Field of the Dead (M20) 247

2 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
2 Cavalier of Night (M20) 94
2 Cavalier of Thorns (M20) 167
4 Risen Reef (M20) 217
3 Leafkin Druid (M20) 178
2 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
2 Thunderkin Awakener (M20) 162
2 Neoform (WAR) 206 <- this was where i fucked up, i put symic ascendency by mistake

2 Command the Dreadhorde (WAR) 82
2 Ritual of Soot (GRN) 84
3 Scampering Scorcher (M20) 158
1 Unmoored Ego (GRN) 212

2 Chandra, Acolyte of Flame (M20) 126
1 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
2 Tamiyo, Collector of Tales (WAR) 220
1 Oko, Thief of Crowns (ELD) 197

1 Into the Story (ELD) 50
1 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152

The jankiest of the jank

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I ended up taking Simic Ramp to an incredibly embarrassing 1-2. Both losses to Esper Dance, win to Boros Haste.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
6-1 so far (heading to bed) with dimir control.

Somehow have seen zero golos, seen those fires superfriends 4 times though, a simic food, some WW and WB aggro crap.

My one loss is from the fucking auto tapper having a love affair with blast zone, and never wanting to tap it (instead using my last blue source which I needed)

• 1Worf

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
My one loss is from the fucking auto tapper having a love affair with blast zone, and never wanting to tap it (instead using my last blue source which I needed)

Yeah fuck the autotapper lol. So worth it to develop the habit of tapping Blast Zone for mana and THEN trusting the autotapper to do the right thing with the rest.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
le jank i used

3 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
1 Temple of Epiphany (M20) 253
1 Blast Zone (WAR) 244
3 Stomping Ground (RNA) 259
2 Temple of Mystery (M20) 255
3 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
3 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
3 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
2 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
2 Temple of Malady (M20) 254
2 Field of the Dead (M20) 247

2 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
2 Cavalier of Night (M20) 94
2 Cavalier of Thorns (M20) 167
4 Risen Reef (M20) 217
3 Leafkin Druid (M20) 178
2 Gilded Goose (ELD) 160
2 Thunderkin Awakener (M20) 162
2 Neoform (WAR) 206 <- this was where i fucked up, i put symic ascendency by mistake

2 Command the Dreadhorde (WAR) 82
2 Ritual of Soot (GRN) 84
3 Scampering Scorcher (M20) 158
1 Unmoored Ego (GRN) 212

2 Chandra, Acolyte of Flame (M20) 126
1 Chandra, Awakened Inferno (M20) 127
2 Tamiyo, Collector of Tales (WAR) 220
1 Oko, Thief of Crowns (ELD) 197

1 Into the Story (ELD) 50
1 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152

The jankiest of the jank

Every magic card as your disposal and you made that?

• 1Worf