Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It'll need to be a pretty miserable pro tour for them to even ban Field. They moved the date up to give themselves an out, but I'm sure it's absolutely the last thing they want to do. That would be a level of standard bans unseen since the Urza era, and people aren't gonna keep putting up with it forever.

field mirrors can take hours, going to be hilarious

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Except that 1 mana creatures that generate the mana themselves while susceptible to removal also don't require a 3rd land in hand, which is significant. There's a reason people would play 4-8 1 mana dorks and most golos decks run 2 or 3 Grazers.

I play a lot of BO1, so I meet a lot of RDW and other zerg decks, the grazer body is really nice to have.

On that note, Fae of wishes is a beast defending against aggro.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
they should probably just kneecap some of the ramp tools because if you remove fotd from bant golos the meta is going to be unhealthily dominated by bant ramp

Just way toooo much ramp in the meta right now, it's completely ridiculous

They'll ban field if they ban anything. The only reason hard control can't keep the ramp decks in check right now is because they can't interact with field of the dead in any real way.

If you remove the land-based win condition from ramp it'll go right back to losing to counterspells like it has for decades. Krasis will let them at least have a chance, but it will still be real, real hard.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Rumor going around by various pros in my area that Wizards is announcing a new format soon maybe the 18th.

This might be the long awaited "new" Modern that starts at MTG Origins+ Making Modern the officially supported and sanctioned Vintage of MTG.

Sterling

El Presidente
Rumor going around by various pros in my area that Wizards is announcing a new format soon maybe the 18th.

This might be the long awaited "new" Modern that starts at MTG Origins+ Making Modern the officially supported and sanctioned Vintage of MTG.
Interesting, would be kind of funny that they introduce a new format and have a banned list for that and not ban anything in any other format.

• 1Worf

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Interesting, would be kind of funny that they introduce a new format and have a banned list for that and not ban anything in any other format.

This won't be Arena specific at first since they need to make a few more sets but it is 100% doable and would fix the debacle of historic

It would have major shakeups in paper magic though

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
This won't be Arena specific at first since they need to make a few more sets but it is 100% doable and would fix the debacle of historic

It would have major shakeups in paper magic though

I read your post and was initially annoyed, but I guess anyone that plays any format older then modern, understands the value in the cards is in the restricted list stuff.

Market value of everything else has been wrecked (hello JTMS and my 5 sealed FTV:20 sets), so I don't really care if LoTV gets reprinted 8 more times, or gets banned.

For people only playing modern, its going to suck. Modern cards are a bad investment, and anyone that leaves them laying about while on a break is going to financially regret it.

Sterling

El Presidente
Best thing is with all those golos decks at the MC, the R/G aggro decks are really well positioned and could end up winning.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I read your post and was initially annoyed, but I guess anyone that plays any format older then modern, understands the value in the cards is in the restricted list stuff.

Market value of everything else has been wrecked (hello JTMS and my 5 sealed FTV:20 sets), so I don't really care if LoTV gets reprinted 8 more times, or gets banned.

For people only playing modern, its going to suck. Modern cards are a bad investment, and anyone that leaves them laying about while on a break is going to financially regret it.

Anything not on the restricted list is a time bomb, but Modern is in no way a bad investment right now. Popularity is at an all time high and prices are all rising even after multiple reprints.

I'm big on Sell Fetch lands pick up Kaladesh staples like copy cat/Looter Scooter/Fast Lands right now.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Anything not on the restricted list is a time bomb, but Modern is in no way a bad investment right now. Popularity is at an all time high and prices are all rising even after multiple reprints.

I'm big on Sell Fetch lands pick up Kaladesh staples like copy cat/Looter Scooter/Fast Lands right now.

I guess I should have mentioned its a bad long-time investment. Have to keep up with the market.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I guess I should have mentioned its a bad long-time investment. Have to keep up with the market.

I mean my $4 a pop Tarmogoyfs have held up for close to 13 years now. Long-time investment is subjective, I wouldn't touch standard with a 100 foot pole and really anything after Innistrad.

You just don't see Snapcasters and Dark Confidants printed anymore.

Baby Teferi was luckily a rare.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I mean my $4 a pop Tarmogoyfs have held up for close to 13 years now. Long-time investment is subjective, I wouldn't touch standard with a 100 foot pole and really anything after Innistrad.

You just don't see Snapcasters and Dark Confidants printed anymore.

Baby Teferi was luckily a rare.

Dark confidant peaked at 99 and dropped to 69. Snapcaster peaked at 85 and dropped to 69. Tarmogoyf peaked at 107 and dropped to 85. (based on original printings - mtggoldfish)

The ideal moment to sell these cards has passed, and by the time that they approach their historic max value, there will be reprints, and that is under the somewhat optimistic assumption that they will respect market prices being balanced, not wrecking them to sell boosters.

I understand you've bought a lot of stuff way back, and so have I, but that isn't the perspective an average modern player shares.

The question is: would you buy dark confidants / goyfs / snapcasters right now, as an investment? If the answer is no, that means people that are considering to step into modern, and consider the finance part, aren't going to spend money on them either.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Dark confidant peaked at 99 and dropped to 69. Snapcaster peaked at 85 and dropped to 69. Tarmogoyf peaked at 107 and dropped to 85. (based on original printings - mtggoldfish)

The ideal moment to sell these cards has passed, and by the time that they approach their historic max value, there will be reprints, and that is under the somewhat optimistic assumption that they will respect market prices being balanced, not wrecking them to sell boosters.

I understand you've bought a lot of stuff way back, and so have I, but that isn't the perspective an average modern player shares.

The question is: would you buy dark confidants / goyfs / snapcasters right now, as an investment? If the answer is no, that means people that are considering to step into modern, and consider the finance part, aren't going to spend money on them either.

Majority of people who would buy a snapcaster right now are doing so they can play magic not invest.

Would I buy any established modern card as an investment right now? Probably not, but if I can turn small margins by buying and selling modern cards for quick turn arounds then I would

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Would I buy any established modern card as an investment right now? Probably not, but if I can turn small margins by buying and selling modern cards for quick turn arounds then I would

This makes sense, but you really have to consider that decks consist of mostly established cards - aka cards beyond their prime price.

In a tron deck, near 30% of the value is in the 4 Karn, Liberated, which peaked at 80 and is currently 59, a sideboard trinisphere which saw the same price evolution, 4 ancient stirrings which went from 11 each to under 3 ... all due to reprints.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
it's actually pants on head amazing how much wotc fucked the standard meta up this go around

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Ranked sucks, because everyone is fucking Golgos/FoD.

Random sucks, because random.

Draft sucks because the bots do not draft blue, so it feels like 75% of the decks are Mill/Control.

It's_All_So_Tiresome.png