MTG: Arena

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
3 in a row of thay shit this morning. No win con at all, just infinite turns, and nothing to change board state. Its fucking stupid

its not even trolling since you have to keep doing shit to keep the loop running

worst kind of mtg possible

speaking from experience

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
If you want to play competitively then it's time to open your wallet.

So, pay to win? Lol.

You’re denying a paywall in one breath and recognizing it in another.

I think you guys just hate pay to win games, but love MTGA, so you’re short circuiting.

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
Ive only spent $5 and grinded up to plat with my mono blue deck on 1 account. You can win without paying =)

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Ive only spent $5 and grinded up to plat with my mono blue deck on 1 account. You can win without paying =)

The game is friendlier to new players than it is to older players at the start of a new season.

This has been discussed.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Life is pay to win get a fucking job.

Go walk into your local card store and ask for your free packs you communists.

And before you people say "oh a_skeleton_02 paper magic has resell and value" shits cardboard propped up by an artificial collectors market that assigns value to it.

If you use that as your metric then "Fun" also has an attributable Value and if you spend more money you have more Fun.

That being said I hit Mythic after a month of pack grinding and $5 spent. Being a good magic player in paper will always win out on some dude who is dropping $100.

I played monored.

I dropped $100 built Sultai and am now grinding in BO3.

Hobbies cost money full stop.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Hobbies cost money full stop.

Can you please stop discouraging poor people from playing MTG?

I don't have an English tabernacle not to mock them.

Delver on turn one off basic island, T2 another delver off second basic? Lets class mtg.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Can you please stop discouraging poor people from playing MTG?

I don't have an English tabernacle not to mock them.

Delver on turn one off basic island, T2 another delver off second basic? Lets class mtg.

Buddy of mine bought a Tabernacle for I wanna say $200 around Lorwyn. People made fun of him but he really wanted it for his legacy lands deck that killed with worm harvest.

Think they are like $2500 now.

Poor people can 100% play magic but it's the same shit everywhere you go in these games.

Poor people can buy a cheap car and drive it around but they don't cry Formula 1 is pay to win.

Pay to compete is right because you can still be dogshit at the game with $1000 invested.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Buddy of mine bought a Tabernacle for I wanna say $200 around Lorwyn. People made fun of him but he really wanted it for his legacy lands deck that killed with worm harvest.

Poor people can 100% play magic but it's the same shit everywhere you go in these games.

Poor people can buy a cheap car and drive it around but they don't cry Formula 1 is pay to win.

Pay to compete is right because you can still be dogshit at the game with $1000 invested.

I'm pretty sure I posted here when I got two ITA ones for 350$ each, they 1k each now

I sold one for 800$

ROI sure beats my savings account

Sterling

El Presidente
What's real crazy is the early foils. Sold my playset of Foil Grim Monoliths for 3800 a year and change back. It's since gone back down to around 700 each, but that's Urza's Legacy, which isn't particularly rare compared to those early expansions. Without print numbers I'm sure there's got to be at least as many foil monoliths as there are english Tabernacles.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
got my foil crop rotations at 10$ each, thought it was overpriced

so yea, dat urza's legacy

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
There are probably actually less foil Monoliths than there are Tabernacles I'd wager. Foil rate back then was way, way lower than current foil rates, and sets had more rares in general in them. There was also a lot of Legends printed, especially if you count the Italian runs.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
That being said I hit Mythic after a month of pack grinding and $5 spent. Being a good magic player in paper will always win out on some dude who is dropping $100.

I played monored.

Is it safe to assume that you cast no shadow and speak in grunts and hisses? ;)

Sterling

El Presidente
If you're winning 60 percent of your games in the middle tiers you'll level up reasonably quick. If you're rocking a 50 percent win rate in the low tiers you'll cap out at gold/plat though unless you get a real lucky streak.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
If you're winning 60 percent of your games in the middle tiers you'll level up reasonably quick. If you're rocking a 50 percent win rate in the low tiers you'll cap out at gold/plat though unless you get a real lucky streak.

it's 51% +Time once you hit that you just need to grind.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well, there's enough variance plus the buffer you get when you go up a tier etc that you could hit mythic with a sub 50 percent win rate. Frank Karsten did a whole article on it.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Bringing up Formula 1 as an example of how MTGA isn’t pay to win.

Holy shit 😂

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
The whole argument is pretty dumb. I feel like everyone is actually agreeing just refusing to budge on the semantics.

No, you don't NEED to spend a lot to be competitive.

Yes, it definitely HELPS A LOT if you do, tho.

SMH.