MTG: Arena

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I didn't really get any of the cards I wanted for any of my planned decks.
no arcanists, no feather. did get 3 tenth legionaires. no samuts. but thats common, so just crafted.

biggest "gets" were 3 gideon blackblades, 2 narrsets reversal, 1 oketra, 1 bontu, 1dragon-god, 1 roalesk, 3 viven champion of the wilds. 1 or 2 krenko. (could have sworn I only got 1, and crafted a second. but the tracker is saying both were from boosters.)
maybe a few other 1 offs, on mythics/rares Im either undervaluing, or just not interested in building a deck with.

I was hitting "priest of the forgotten gods" decks repeatedly in un-ranked play.
I don't have deck lists, or know exactly why it was so popular. most the same as before as I could tell, but with dreadhorde butcher added in.
Nasty ass deck. better have exile/targeted removal up the ass, to deal with it.

I tried making use of gideon blackblade in my decks. I dont like him. I was running boros variants. He was so easy to deal with. Super susceptible to "sacrifice".
.... but now I'm thinking on it. Gideon angels. Selesnya.
Resplendant angel is 1ww, and needs 3www to pump and get life link.
Gideon also is 1ww, and can give a target creature vigilance, LIFELINK, or indestructable till end of turn. So you can give resplendant angel, or something else lifelink a heck of alot faster then resplendants pump. especially with rally of wings, and the other +1/1 counters below.
Rally of wings 1w, untap all creatures you control. Creatures you control with flying get +2/+2 until end of turn.
Grateful apparition as well maybe?
Ajani the greathearted/shalai.

Something like this. anyone got any ideas where to adjust this?
//Creatures (18):
4 Resplendent Angel
3 Venerated Loxodon
4 Grateful Apparition
3 Law-Rune Enforcer
2 Tomik, Distinguished Advokist
2 Shalai, Voice of Plenty

//Planeswalkers (6):
3 Gideon Blackblade
3 Ajani, the Greathearted

//Non-creature Spells (12):
4 Prey Upon
4 Rally of Wings
4 Pledge of Unity

//Lands (24):
4 Temple Garden
10 Plains
6 Forest
4 Sunpetal Grove

This should pump like crazy.

This was the deck I was actually playing last night. it changed over the night, as I fiddled with it. this is where I ended up.
A mixing of the planned feather deck, along with my old attempts to get swiftblade vindicator boros working.
it was going ok at best. Better then old swiftblade. largely due to krenko, legionnaire all being viable targets for the pumps. So, the opponant couldn't just remove one. exile the swiftblade? well, to bad, you are getting a 7/5 legionnaire to the face. etc. or just in general people not ready for it. Example: turn 4, attack with tajic 3/2 and switfblade 2/2. Opponent blocks tajic with a 2/2. leaves swiftblade unblocked iirc... 3/3 swiftblade. samuts.. 5/4 swiftblade, samuts, 7/5 swiftblade, defiant strike, 8/5 swiftblade.

Losses were largely due to bad mulligans. flooded with pump spells, and no creatures. And, lack of targeted removal for butchers, priests. So first adjust, probably drop glass, for lava coil. as nice as glass is for this.

//Creatures (15):
3 Aurelia, Exemplar of Justice
4 Swiftblade Vindicator
2 Tajic, Legion's Edge
2 Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin
4 Tenth District Legionnaire

//Non-creature Spells (23):
2 Heroic Reinforcements
3 Unbreakable Formation
2 Glass of the Guildpact
4 Defiant Strike
4 Samut's Sprint
4 Reckless Rage
4 Sheltering Light

//Lands (22):
7 Plains
5 Mountain
2 Boros Guildgate
4 Sacred Foundry
4 Clifftop Retreat

Lyra Dawnbringer goes great with Resplendent Angel too, one hit from her activates Resplendent's text.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Didn't plan on hitting Mythic this month as we have a crazy sprint at work but I didn't want to be shown up by Mist Mist that bad so I had to do it. Thanks for everyone playing unoptimized JANK i sailed through Diamond in like 10 games flat to hit mythic

Here is my unoptimized Jank

4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
1 Incubation Druid (RNA) 131
4 Hydroid Krasis (RNA) 183
4 Merfolk Branchwalker (XLN) 197
4 Jadelight Ranger (RIX) 136
4 Wildgrowth Walker (XLN) 216
3 Hostage Taker (XLN) 223
1 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152
2 Tyrant's Scorn (WAR) 225
1 Finale of Eternity (WAR) 91
2 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
2 Vivien Reid (M19) 208
2 Liliana, Dreadhorde General (WAR) 97
3 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
4 Breeding Pool (RNA) 246
2 Hinterland Harbor (DAR) 240
4 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
4 Woodland Cemetery (DAR) 248
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
3 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
1 Forest (XLN) 277
1 Memorial to Folly (DAR) 242

4 Duress (XLN) 105
2 Disdainful Stroke (GRN) 37
2 Cry of the Carnarium (RNA) 70
4 Thief of Sanity (GRN) 205
1 Carnage Tyrant (XLN) 179
2 Sorcerous Spyglass (XLN) 248

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Lyra Dawnbringer goes great with Resplendent Angel too, one hit from her activates Resplendent's text.

This shit is honestly my bread and butter right now. Been playing around with both white/black and now a white/red angel deck to pretty good success. One thing i've learned thanks to this combo is to NEVER fucking give up early. I've had so many comebacks from 1-5 life when opponent was still at 20. That and people are also really fucking stupid and don't read card texts and openly attack me when Lyra is out.

I probably spend only $10 a month on actual purchases on here. Currently working myself through Diamond trying to push as high as I can before season end. I'd say I play maybe an hour or two a day - stick mostly to just constructed ladder. I got lucky being in the Beta as early as I was so when they introduced that mastery system shit in Open Beta it doubled up on all my pre-made decks giving me a pretty solid boost on a card library.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
This shit is honestly my bread and butter right now. Been playing around with both white/black and now a white/red angel deck to pretty good success. One thing i've learned thanks to this combo is to NEVER fucking give up early. I've had so many comebacks from 1-5 life when opponent was still at 20. That and people are also really fucking stupid and don't read card texts and openly attack me when Lyra is out.

I probably spend only $10 a month on actual purchases on here. Currently working myself through Diamond trying to push as high as I can before season end. I'd say I play maybe an hour or two a day - stick mostly to just constructed ladder. I got lucky being in the Beta as early as I was so when they introduced that mastery system shit in Open Beta it doubled up on all my pre-made decks giving me a pretty solid boost on a card library.

yeah i started playing Selesnya Angels after i saw a deck that made it really high in Mythic doing it. it's great for BO1. haven't tried it much in BO3 yet. definitely a lot of CRAZY comebacks, you're right there. or Shalai pumping up a small army with +1/+1 counters enough turns that a zerg does the job.

Caliane

4 Resplendent Angel
3 Venerated Loxodon
4 Grateful Apparition
3 Law-Rune Enforcer
2 Tomik, Distinguished Advokist

//Planeswalkers (6):
3 Gideon Blackblade
3 Ajani, the Greathearted

//Non-creature Spells (12):
4 Prey Upon
4 Rally of Wings
4 Pledge of Unity

//Lands (24):
4 Temple Garden
10 Plains
6 Forest
4 Sunpetal Grove

This has sadly not worked as well as expected. coming in way too slow. I put 2 lyras in. nice power late. but the problem is, its not popping off as early and fast as it should.
tempo feels off for some reason. need to drop/replase prey upon/rally at least.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
For those of you that use Golgari...Here is the version I'm running now. The synergy is sweet.

4 Llanowar Elves (DAR) 168
2 Seekers' Squire (XLN) 121
1 Incubation Druid (RNA) 131
4 Wildgrowth Walker (XLN) 216
4 Bond of Flourishing (WAR) 155
4 Merfolk Branchwalker (XLN) 197
4 Jadelight Ranger (RIX) 136
2 Ravenous Chupacabra (RIX) 82
2 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
2 God-Eternal Rhonas (WAR) 163
2 Vivien Reid (M19) 208
2 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
3 Bolas's Citadel (WAR) 79
1 Memorial to Folly (DAR) 242
7 Swamp (XLN) 269
8 Forest (XLN) 277
4 Overgrown Tomb (GRN) 253
4 Woodland Cemetery (DAR) 248

4 Duress (XLN) 105
2 Cast Down (DAR) 81
2 Assassin's Trophy (GRN) 152
1 Find // Finality (GRN) 225
2 Ob Nixilis's Cruelty (WAR) 101
1 Vraska's Contempt (XLN) 129
1 Vivien Reid (M19) 208
2 Carnage Tyrant (XLN) 179

Caliane

Checked out selesnya angels, and ran into an opposing deck that was similar.
I think that gave me my answers.
tribunal, adanto and growth chamber guardians.

//Creatures (24):
3 Adanto Vanguard
4 Resplendent Angel
2 Venerated Loxodon
4 Growth-Chamber Guardian
4 Grateful Apparition
3 Law-Rune Enforcer
2 Lyra Dawnbringer

//Planeswalkers (5):
3 Gideon Blackblade
2 Ajani, the Greathearted

//Non-creature Spells (7):
2 Conclave Tribunal
1 Prey Upon
4 Pledge of Unity

//Lands (24):
11 Plains
5 Forest
4 Temple Garden
4 Sunpetal Grove

View deck: Gideon’s angels | MTG Arena Deck List | MTG Arena Pro

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Checked out selesnya angels, and ran into an opposing deck that was similar.
I think that gave me my answers.
tribunal, adanto and growth chamber guardians.

//Creatures (24):
3 Adanto Vanguard
4 Resplendent Angel
2 Venerated Loxodon
4 Grateful Apparition
3 Law-Rune Enforcer
2 Lyra Dawnbringer

//Planeswalkers (5):
3 Gideon Blackblade
2 Ajani, the Greathearted

//Non-creature Spells (7):
2 Conclave Tribunal
1 Prey Upon
4 Pledge of Unity

//Lands (24):
11 Plains
5 Forest
4 Temple Garden
4 Sunpetal Grove

View deck: Gideon’s angels | MTG Arena Deck List | MTG Arena Pro
My Selesnya Angels runs the Explore / Wildgrowth Walker package. Works pretty well to keep me afloat til I can get my angel combos out.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Went 4 wins in my first Sealed. Accidentally killed myself for my third loss when my math was bad using Bolas' Citadel lol.

My second Sealed pool has a Jace PW, Commence the Endgame, and God-Eternal Kefnet. So U-based control was pretty much mandatory.

Only played one game so far with this UR deck, but I won it with my Jace text and that felt good.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>

Opened my 50 packs got 4 fucking Nicol Bolas. 2 Gideon and 2 Liliana.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 5 users

Rime

<Donor>
So... just discovered that you get 'rewarded' at the end of the month for playing the ranked style (whoops!).

Alternating between W/B Vampires (heavy on removal) and Green (splash of Blue for yummy g/u rampers) Stompy.

Rank 2 Gold. Will probably (I hope) hit Diamond before the season ends, but it is obvious I am starting to run into people who have been playing much longer/spent significantly more money (I have dropped a total of $60 on it) than I have.

• 1Like

Caliane

dumb shit. ... or great shit?
krenkos cavalcade

obvs you want 4 krenkos, not 2. better lands.

//Creatures (19):
2 Gruul Spellbreaker
3 Grim Initiate
4 Ghitu Lavarunner
4 Fanatical Firebrand

//Planeswalkers (2):
2 Jaya, Venerated Firemage

//Non-creature Spells (16):
4 Cavalcade of Calamity
4 Collision // Colossus
4 Samut's Sprint
4 Giant Growth

//Lands (23):
1 Rootbound Crag
11 Mountain
10 Forest
1 Stomping Ground

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
dumb shit. ... or great shit?
krenkos cavalcade

obvs you want 4 krenkos, not 2. better lands.

//Creatures (19):
2 Gruul Spellbreaker
3 Grim Initiate
4 Ghitu Lavarunner
4 Fanatical Firebrand

//Planeswalkers (2):
2 Jaya, Venerated Firemage

//Non-creature Spells (16):
4 Cavalcade of Calamity
4 Collision // Colossus
4 Samut's Sprint
4 Giant Growth

//Lands (23):
1 Rootbound Crag
11 Mountain
10 Forest
1 Stomping Ground

Remember Krenko is legendary so you can only have one at a time.

Caliane

yeah, but you want to get him regularly. the deck is built on, getting him once. giving him haste, colossus, etc t pump him to like 9/7. spawn 9 goblins. then attacking with them. and dealing 20 damage to face before blockers even are declared.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Went 4 wins in my first Sealed. Accidentally killed myself for my third loss when my math was bad using Bolas' Citadel lol.

My second Sealed pool has a Jace PW, Commence the Endgame, and God-Eternal Kefnet. So U-based control was pretty much mandatory.

Only played one game so far with this UR deck, but I won it with my Jace text and that felt good.

Ah going so strong with this deck. 5 wins deep so far, all but one won with Jace's text. Format is so slow that he might be the best card for Limited in the set.

Hopefully I didn't just jinx myself. Knocking on wood just in case

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
100 bucks + banked gold + banked wildcards = got all the cards

ez game

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Playing sealed, 3rd go 'round (finished my last one with a single loss). Drew a Finale of Glory when I had 11 lands on the battlefield. Wanting to get that sweet X=10 bonus I held out for another land. It didn't come for three turns, but the battlefield was stalled out so I wasn't worried. Then my opponent dropped that mono black Planeswalker with the discard - ability. Of course, Finale of Glory was the only card in my hand.

Ended up losing, of course. Shouldn't have been greedy, X=9 probably would have won me the game too. Blah.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Can we all collectively agree as a forum that Blue Control players are the worst people in all of humanity? :p

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rime

<Donor>
Can we all collectively agree as a forum that Blue Control players are the worst people in all of humanity? :p

Only people that make me want to punch someone. Particularly if they stop on every single phase and use the entirety of each turn.

• 1Solidarity