MTG: Arena

Caliane

yeah. some thoughts on buying.

1. twitch prime boros deck is 11am pst I guess. so, wait for that before opening packs. lets see whats in it.
2. that 15$ 1 time purchase for gems, and card styles is SUPER efficient for buying gems. 3500. Consider it, if you haven't yet.
3. then play sealed drafts first with all your gems first. and buy packs with gold AFTER that. as any rare/mythic will reroll if you have 4/4 already, which is better then having it turn into gems, if you go the other way around.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Turn 3 Teferi in limited is so overpowered and it's probably nearly as OP in constructed.

(Of course I got Teferi and Liliana in my first sealed pool. And Enter the God-Eternals.)

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
yeah. some thoughts on buying.

1. twitch prime boros deck is 11am pst I guess. so, wait for that before opening packs. lets see whats in it.
2. that 15$ 1 time purchase for gems, and card styles is SUPER efficient for buying gems. 3500. Consider it, if you haven't yet.
3. then play sealed drafts first with all your gems first. and buy packs with gold AFTER that. as any rare/mythic will reroll if you have 4/4 already, which is better then having it turn into gems, if you go the other way around.

The Twitch Prime Boros deck will most likely be similar to the Pax Selesnia decks they gave out, Not very good and won't have any WAR cards in it.

Hope everyone got the $50 Preorder bonus because that is the best value right now. The $15 1 time purchase and the $5 one time purchase are both also juicy.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what is everyone's must crafts for this set? I am trying out the new Gideon Blackblade in white weenie. I feel it warrants a spot.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Turn 3 Teferi in limited is so overpowered and it's probably nearly as OP in constructed.

(Of course I got Teferi and Liliana in my first sealed pool. And Enter the God-Eternals.)

Fuck Off, I mean...Awesome job. I actually got a pretty good white/green tokens proliferate deck. I got Ajani and Nissa with Teyo and The Wanderer to back them up. Should be interesting.

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
Well glad I don't have to worry about crafting a play set of this badboy...hooray...

Silent%2BSubmarine%2B%255BWAR%255D.jpg

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
That card had to have been intentionally designed to be terrible. Like a dozen minor tweaks that could make it at least something to consider

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I popped 80 packs but my enthusiasm for making new constructed decks is pretty low with my rank climb being done for the month. Will probably bust out some sealed in the meanwhile.

First time I really took a look at the cards though and I dig a lot of the art this set.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Friend of mine made mythic #25 a while back, he's really going for it.

There is no way I can compete with his time investment, so hearing that he was only 25th made me kind of sad.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Even getting mythic is a 20ish hour a week commitment. The game variance to stay in the top 50 is going to force you to play 40+ hours a week in most cases.

Not worth it unless you're a streamer, unemployed, autist or some combo of all.

I'm averaging an hour or so a day now since RNA set release and that nets me plat/diamond which feels like a happy medium for time spent/rewards and keeping me from getting burnt out.

Rogosh

Lord Nagafen Raider
I feel like i need to run 10 land in sealed, running 17 and i get every damn land and lose every game. This really is maddening.

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
How do you redeem codes in the MTG Arena? I tried that PlayWarSpark and the code on Twitch and it keeps failing to redeem. Just decided to try and get back into Magic.