MTG: Arena

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Land smoothing only exists in BO1 it's just that you actually shuffle in arena and in RL you are more prone to unoptimized shuffling with clumps

Ya ive played thousands of bo3 games on arena and just dont see a problem with lands at all. My only real problem is deck matching.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Ya ive played thousands of bo3 games on arena and just dont see a problem with lands at all. My only real problem is deck matching.

Same here I stopped playing BO1 when BO3 came out honestly. I think deck matching is also in our heads but sometimes it feels like they conspire against me

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I think deck matching is also in our heads but sometimes it feels like they conspire against me

this is what everyone says but I just don't believe it, i'll put in multiple hours switching between two distinct decks and my matches are completely fucking different depending on my deck switch, I just don't buy it.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I honestly wish mtga would put in a whitelist program for a chat. I'd probably be banned pretty quick but there are so many times I'd like to chat with my opponent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This is one of the best draft sets ever. Almost every deck is superfriends.

It's a horrible sealed format and I wish I didn't impatiently waste so many gems.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
This is one of the best draft sets ever. Almost every deck is superfriends.

It's a horrible sealed format and I wish I didn't impatiently waste so many gems.

I played 5 pre-releases and I tend to agree, you either get bombs, or you do not. Sure glad I got all those Japanese alternate planeswalkers though

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
In case anyone was curious

20190501_082342.jpg

unknown.png

unknown.png

20190501_082419.jpg

Missing Gideon, Lili, Sorin. Got Ajani, 2x The Wanderer, Narset, Saheeli, Jang Yangyu, Ashiok, Jaya and Nahiri in foil alternate art

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone here have a subscription to Star City Games? I'm interested to see what the recent Premium article on WAR updates to Esper Midrange says.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
So, I just discovered a potential dupe.

I just installed MTGA on a new PC and upon my first login it gave me new season rewards and restarted my first daily win bonus (250g).

I've already received these and they duplicated when I installed the game on a new PC.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Search for Azcanta, Wilderness Reclamation, Nexus of Fate. Pick one, but one of them has to go, this deck is reaching pure cancer levels now with Tamiyo added.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Search for Azcanta, Wilderness Reclamation, Nexus of Fate. Pick one, but one of them has to go, this deck is reaching pure cancer levels now with Tamiyo added.

wilderness reclamation is mtg's biggest mistake in a decade, everything else is fine without it

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
It's mostly about how to figure out how to play. When I started, you had like 5 keyword abilities (ok, plus xxxxwalk so +5), and a couple of special weirds abilities. Today, it looks like there's 25 keywords, plus two dozen abilities, and I have zero idea how they work or are useful...

If you hover over the card the game will tell you what the ability does.

They've simplified a lot of things through using keywords so don't worry about that.

In old school magic you had a giant spider with "can block creatures with flying", this was replaced by "reach" for all creatures with the ability to block flying, serra angels "attacking doesn't cause serra angel to tap", was replaced by "vigilance", and so on.

Just download the client and start playing, it won't be an issue.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
October rotates Nexus and Azcanta. At this point it seems a little too late to bother banning something for that deck. It doesn't have tourney representation to worry about it.

That being said it is fucking awful to play against. Wilderness is what made the deck go from fringe nonsense to viable and consistent.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Really weird bug tonight, playing against someone with a name in an odd script (wasn't any of the languages I recognize) when I was about to lethal in Draft I got disconned - come back and all my flyers cannot fly with no effect in play, and he comes over and lethals me with a big flyer (I had like 3 flyers - he did hit one with a Kamina's whatever that frogs one creature, but I still should've had two).

I'm presuming just a bug nothing overt, but a hell of a weird one, frustrating since it was a gems-based match though.

Had the most absurd draft earlier where I got a P1P1 Sarkhan and P1P2 Samut so I went hog wild into PWs - went all the way with it with one loss. Had all the appropriate support for heavy non-creature base as it had too FWIW.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Really weird bug tonight, playing against someone with a name in an odd script (wasn't any of the languages I recognize) when I was about to lethal in Draft I got disconned - come back and all my flyers cannot fly with no effect in play, and he comes over and lethals me with a big flyer (I had like 3 flyers - he did hit one with a Kamina's whatever that frogs one creature, but I still should've had two).

I'm presuming just a bug nothing overt, but a hell of a weird one, frustrating since it was a gems-based match though.

Had the most absurd draft earlier where I got a P1P1 Sarkhan and P1P2 Samut so I went hog wild into PWs - went all the way with it with one loss. Had all the appropriate support for heavy non-creature base as it had too FWIW.
Some creature tokens are bugged and not showing the levitation animations under some circumstances. Sarkhan's Dragons are one of them.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Am I missing something here?

I played a guy earlier who had no maximum hand size, but he didn't have a card that gave him that ability. Can someone point out what I'm missing?

1.PNG2.PNG