MTG: Arena

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Deck that I'm toying with as I ladder back to Mythic.

4 Dreadhorde Invasion (WAR) 86
4 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
2 Gleaming Overseer (WAR) 198
4 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
4 Enter the God-Eternals (WAR) 196
4 Invade the City (WAR) 201
2 Liliana, Dreadhorde General (WAR) 97
4 Widespread Brutality (WAR) 226
4 Augur of Bolas (WAR) 41
3 Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God (WAR) 207
3 Nicol Bolas, the Ravager (M19) 218
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
4 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
4 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
4 Sulfur Falls (DAR) 247
2 Thief of Sanity (GRN) 205

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Deck that I'm toying with as I ladder back to Mythic.

4 Dreadhorde Invasion (WAR) 86
4 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
2 Gleaming Overseer (WAR) 198
4 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
4 Enter the God-Eternals (WAR) 196
4 Invade the City (WAR) 201
2 Liliana, Dreadhorde General (WAR) 97
4 Widespread Brutality (WAR) 226
4 Augur of Bolas (WAR) 41
3 Nicol Bolas, Dragon-God (WAR) 207
3 Nicol Bolas, the Ravager (M19) 218
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
4 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
4 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
4 Sulfur Falls (DAR) 247
2 Thief of Sanity (GRN) 205
You're going to be a sad panda when I discard Nullhide Ferox to your Bolas the Ravager.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you play control and end up against me, your welcome for the free win.

I find it easier to literally just forfeit the moment I find out my opponent uses the copy/paste Control deck the internet told them how to make, and just try to make up the loss in rank than it is for me to mentally deal with players who pick such a shit, cheap, gimmicky, no-win-condition-unless-you-consider-annoying-your-opponent-to-the-point-of-quitting-a-win-condition, scared of any spell cast, frantically drawing cards to get a hand of god knows what other than counterspells because it's not like the deck has anything else in it, pussy deck.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
If you play control and end up against me, your welcome for the free win.

I find it easier to literally just forfeit the moment I find out my opponent uses the copy/paste Control deck the internet told them how to make, and just try to make up the loss in rank than it is for me to mentally deal with players who pick such a shit, cheap, gimmicky, no-win-condition-unless-you-consider-annoying-your-opponent-to-the-point-of-quitting-a-win-condition, scared of any spell cast, frantically drawing cards to get a hand of god knows what other than counterspells because it's not like the deck has anything else in it, pussy deck.
MTG might not be the game for you. There is going to be some version of UW/x control in just about every current and future format.

• 1Solidarity

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MTG might not be the game for you. There is going to be some version of UW/x control in just about every current and future format.

I've survived with this sort of Control hatred since 1995 when I first started, i'll be ok. :p

Doesn't change the fact that it's the pussy way out of playing this game. I mean it's honestly not as bad when it's at least a unique sort of Control deck that I can tell took the deck user at least a 6th grade level of intelligence to put together, but the amount of sheep in this game that are incapable of an original thought that only do what the Internet tells them to do has made it so much worse.

Thought Erasure and Thief of Sanity are cool cards. We. Fucking. Get. It.

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I've survived with this sort of Control hatred since 1995 when I first started, i'll be ok. :p

Doesn't change the fact that it's the pussy way out of playing this game. I mean it's honestly not as bad when it's at least a unique sort of Control deck that I can tell took the deck user at least a 6th grade level of intelligence to put together, but the amount of sheep in this game that are incapable of an original thought that only do what the Internet tells them to do has made it so much worse.

Thought Erasure and Thief of Sanity are cool cards. We. Fucking. Get. It.

As soon as the check lands rotate, you should see a bit of relief from the insanity. Cards like Absorb and Thought Erasure will be much harder to play on curve with just shock lands coming into play untapped. Even then, at least they'll have to take a bit of damage to do it.

I love the control aspect of Magic, but mana fixing was supposed to be one of the major downsides of adding additional colors to your deck. In Standard, though, that downside hasn't just been eliminated but has become a strength.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
War of the Spark Mythic Edition goes on sale in about 40 minutes. Going to try to snag a box, although I'm not confident I can purchase it successfully.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Sucks I have to be at work before then I wanted to get a copy of that. Oh well I wouldn't manage it even if i was available to try. Damn you Hasbro

Sterling

El Presidente
Esper actually has more win cons than many older iterations of control decks. Best win con will always be the opponent's 54th draw step.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
As soon as the check lands rotate, you should see a bit of relief from the insanity. Cards like Absorb and Thought Erasure will be much harder to play on curve with just shock lands coming into play untapped. Even then, at least they'll have to take a bit of damage to do it.

I love the control aspect of Magic, but mana fixing was supposed to be one of the major downsides of adding additional colors to your deck. In Standard, though, that downside hasn't just been eliminated but has become a strength.
Using historical precent, I think Standard is going to suck once the check lands rotate. You had a fantastic standard format in ISD block + RTR block, and then the checklands rotated, and you had a totally shitty format with RTR block + Theros block.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Using historical precent, I think Standard is going to suck once the check lands rotate. You had a fantastic standard format in ISD block + RTR block, and then the checklands rotated, and you had a totally shitty format with RTR block + Theros block.

I hope they bring in more, just with more of a penalty

• 1Solidarity

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Fingers crossed it goes through

unknown.png

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some creature tokens are bugged and not showing the levitation animations under some circumstances. Sarkhan's Dragons are one of them.

Nope, wasn't just a display error, I set a pause for a good 3 minutes trying to get a block to function during that combat before giving up rather than using all my timeouts trying to force it.

And wasn't my Sarkhan time, was three standard flying critters (one of which was nerfed into non-flying)

Sterling

El Presidente
Scry lands were good shit. But were certainly better for control/midrange than aggro.