MTG: Arena

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
If it breaks even on comic sales, marvel is happy with that, is what I think he means. They then make a profit off their movies, IP, merchandise, etc.. If the comics stop coming out, it weakens the profits for all their other companies.

As it stands, I think it's still making a profit, so that's good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Finally got in and started unlocking the starting decks. They are going to replace those when M20 releases this july, right? What happens to the people who have just got their decks and don't grind massively when the old starter decks become illegal in october?

Oh, and I finally discovered what those deck names mean. "In my days", we called a GW deck a GW deck, not some Selesnya nonsense (unless it would have been about cards linked to Selesnya-whatever flavor).

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Finally got in and started unlocking the starting decks. They are going to replace those when M20 releases this july, right? What happens to the people who have just got their decks and don't grind massively when the old starter decks become illegal in october?

Oh, and I finally discovered what those deck names mean. "In my days", we called a GW deck a GW deck, not some Selesnya nonsense (unless it would have been about cards linked to Selesnya-whatever flavor).

Don't lie, we used to call and still do call decks dumb names like "the rock" "DnT" etc

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Rock was the shit, what about Psychatogs, Stasis control, Tron, Rebels, Mirari Control ... ?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You can blame Ravnica and Alara for the weird colour combinations we get now.

Magic: The Gathering - Color Combination Names Is kinda neat though if you want to know which is which.

Well I've been back playing in MTG for about a year now and I knew all the two color names and half the three color names. And none of the four color names. I find the whole lets names every color combination except for five color something that no one who hasn't played magic recently will have ever heard of retarded.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Well I've been back playing in MTG for about a year now and I knew all the two color names and half the three color names. And none of the four color names. I find the whole lets names every color combination except for five color something that no one who hasn't played magic recently will have ever heard of retarded.

5 color should be called brown imo

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
Marvel Comics in no way had a record year.

Marvel Movies yes. Separate division.

As for merch, nobody is buying Kamala Khan action figures, its movie stuff.

when does marvel movies run out of good material? right now they seem to be in the 90's

Chris

Potato del Grande
Colour names are one of the worst things to happen to the game.

Decks are now just called something generic like "Boros Aggro" instead of being named after the strategy or key cards which may pique your curiosity, so if you want to look up the meta decks you have to look at each one individually to figue out what it is: Standard events and metagame @ mtgtop8.com

It started being really bad when they completed the set with Tarkir, don't remember it being that bad before then.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
No one uses the 4 colors names, btw. Only the 2 and 3 color get used, and it's a shorthand for them. Saying 'Temur' is easier then 'Red, green and blue'. Or even RGU. It all stems from streamers and coverage using them extensively. That said, people still tend to say like 'Boros feather' or 'esper control', at least. When a deck is really wacky, it still gets nicknames. I like 'mr steal yo girl' for this UG mass manipulation deck running around.

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
it will never be sultai, it will allways be BUG

BUG is definitely the one that has stuck around, I assume due to being easy to say. America for UWR is the only other tri combo I see used a lot.

Also, there were shard names from apocolypse, but no one used them cause Raka Control is worse than America Control.

But mostly, BUG Forever.