Mtg EDH thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Chubzy Wombat

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hey rerolled community I am a massive EDH fan, and I am looking for some new fun combos or under played cards that would be fun and effective to use at m local store. so lets shoot the shit about MTG :D

pablos

Golden Knight of the Realm
well what kind of decks do you run now? whats LGS local meta like? combo heavy, Tribal, budget?

Chubzy Wombat

My local store closed so i dont know the meta with my new locstion yet. Right now i have 5 color super friends (my pride and joy), mimeoplasum recursion, and political puppets (i dont know of its staying.) Im just looking for other perspectives i think i want to swap out political pupets but i dont have any ideas for a new general so i searched legenday and i want to use white or red and black, due to my lack of current use of them.

Strossus

I have:
Jor Kadeen Voltron
The Mimeoplasm goodstuff
Hazeon Tammar ramp tokens
Grand Arbiter Augustine IV asshole.dec
Grimgrin zombies

rad

Lord of Guk
Maelstrom Wanderer - Ramp/Creature Toolbox
Rakdos the Defiler - Combo Deamons

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Gitrog Monster - lands, glorious lands
Intet the Dreamer - temur good stuff with dragonstorm

Rerun

Molten Core Raider
I spent months putting together a narset deck that I thought was awesome. No one I played thought it was awesome. Even when I lost everyone was salty.

Chubzy Wombat

Guys i need Ragnar
I think thats the deck I'm gonna go with green ramp and good creatures white creatures and enchantments, and blue control/combat tricks.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Haha.. I love Zur, he's like the EDH police.I had to stop playing him in our playgroup, caused way too much rage.

He's definitely the no fun allowed commander. Every time I tutor up chains of mephistopheles and everyone has to get their phone out to read the oracle text it just cracks me up.

pablos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I mostly play online and I am running a cromat 5 color deck that wants to take long turns by using asuza as a hidden commander and running a number of untap dorks, its fun for me but my turns take a really long time and most people just quit. I am still trying to find my favorite deck I think its mono white king darien deck.

if any of you play edh on mtgo let me know I'd love to get a game in, I am not very good but I do have a lot of fun playing and chatting.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Have a "good stuff" U/R/G with Riku
Fucking nasty deck B/R/W with Kaalia
Even better (most wins) deck running draw U/B/R with Nekusar
Zombie control/swarm deck U/B with Grimgrin (not Ultron, he just provides blue)
New Delve/Graveyard abuse deck B/G with Meren of Clan Nel Toth

It's just a fun format with friends and a great way to try new ideas that won't fit into a 60.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
My EDH strategy is "how much value can i pack into 99 cards?" It's an excuse to sleeve up things I rarely play outside of GPs and big events. I think I just tipped over the $5k mark with my Sydri esper deck.

Chubzy Wombat

My EDH strategy is "how much value can i pack into 99 cards?" It's an excuse to sleeve up things I rarely play outside of GPs and big events. I think I just tipped over the $5k mark with my Sydri esper deck.
Hey me and you should share pics I am slowly doing that with my super friends EDH

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Laying out 99 cards is a giant hassle. I don't foil, though. I just go for first printings wherever possible. The highlights are a pile of AQ and Legends cards, beta where possible, and FBB duals. Got my Sea this weekend, and an original City of Brass. The only white border cards in the list at this point are Mana Vault, which is my next big buy, and Imperial Seal, which is P3K only. Occasionally Timetwister if I play it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Current Decks:

B: Gonti, Lord of Luxury (Fiddling around with black flicker/repeated raise dead effects like Oversold Cemetery or Palace Siege to play him a bunch. Mostly just a fun deck and each game is a bit different since you get to play other people's decks)
U: Hakim, Loreweaver (Mono-U Dredge, Voltron at low-power tables, infinite Treachery Combo silliness at higher-power tables. No matter how many times I assemble Pemmin's Aura+Charisma+Hermetic Study I can't help but smile.)
R: Homura, Human Ascendant (One of my earliest EDH decks, Purphoros is way better at the tokens thing than he is, but I keep him out of nostalgia. And love of giving Double-strikers flying and firebreathing. It's fun playing Quakes in a tokens deck.)
G: Sekki, Seasons' Guide (Commander-Synergy, light Spirit-synergy, not really tribal)
W: Odric, Lunarch Marshal (Started as "Achievement Hunting" to try to get all 13 keywords, but after I did it a few times, decided to just re-engineer it to a sweet trait-stick, slight soldier-tribal theme deck. Turns out giving your entire table Flying, Double Strike, Lifelink, Death Touch, and Trample tends to make you table target.)
X: Karn, Silver Golem (Artifact Shenanigans. It's like a run-down muscle car for your dad; every long-time EDH player has this deck sitting in the garage with its guts torn out being tinkered with for years but never quite coming together)
B/U: Ramses Overdark (WoW Shoulderpads, Commander-Synergy, low-power-level deck)
B/R: Olivia, Mobilized for War (Hellbent abuse, although cards that actually say hellbent tend to suck. Ghirapur Orrery was a yoooooj pick-up in Kaladesh)
B/G: Mazirek, Kraul Deathpriest (Eldrazi Tribal. Scions and Spawn pull great double-duty with this guy. Cryptic Gate'ing Titans into play is smiles.)
B/W: Selenia, Dark Angel (Life Matters, all the Mirror Universe effects, some of the less-horrible Lich effects. Repay in Kind for funsies. Casting Cost reductions to turn Selenia into a 2mana "creature ltb/etb" trigger-er (Door of Destinies is fun).)
U/R: Space Reserved For Aether Revolt and a hopeful U/R Artifact General, was Arjun Spellslinger but I dismantled it to move cards over to the next general...
U/G: Rashmi, Eternities Crafter (Spellslinger. I love this commander, although the current deck is a bit too "Goodstuffs" for my taste)
U/W: Hanna, Ship's Navigator (Pillow Fort/Stax)
R/G: Mina and Denn, Wildborn (Lands Matter, boring, but enjoyable)
R/W: Brion Stoutarm (Steal n' Sac, featuring my bff, Preacher)
G/W: Sigarda, Heron's Grace (Asshole control/combo pretending to be durdly human tribal)
B/U/R: Marchesa, the Black Rose (Commander synergy. I adore this deck, there's like 180 cards I want to play in it.)
B/U/G: Sidisi, Brood Tyrant (Graveyard Matters, bunch of stuff that scales off yards, some self-mill stuff, several "shuffle my own graveyard in" effects to help dodge rampant graveyard removal)
B/U/W: Dakkon Blackblade (LOOK AT THIS MAJESTIC MOTHERFUCKER. HOW DO YOU EVEN DEAL. Lands Matter, with a special subtheme of Swamps Matter. Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth+Karma is fun times.)
B/R/G: Kresh, the Bloodbraided (Fight Club)
B/R/W: Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (And Taxes)
B/G/W: Ghave, Guru of Spores (I'VE BEEN TRYING THALLIDS FOR 20 YEARS GOD DAMNIT. This was actually a Daghatar the Adamant "+1/+1 Counters Matter!" Deck when I was trying to have one Khan's deck from each tribe, but yeah, they don't make tables low enough powerlevel for Daghatar to unsuck.)
U/R/G: Yasova Dragonclaw (Steal shit, punch faces, flicker it to keep it forever)
U/R/W: Shu Yun, the Silent Tempest (Heroic/Prowess Shenanigans, with all the shit that makes token creatures when you cast a non-creature spell, combined with Buyback Spells that get cost-reduced to one colored mana and target creatures. Rarely comes together, but when it does it's glorious)
U/G/W: Phelddagrif (Combo/Control/Voltron/Synergy/FuckGroupHugI'mAHippo)
R/G/W: Hazezon Tamar (Explosive tokens deck. Also contains several other cards whose text are garbled gibberish thanks to the passage of time. "Gatherer Text" Deck.)
B/U/R/G/W: General Tazri (Not really an ally deck. Tokens deck with Tazri tutoring for Zada, Hedron Grinder, Turntimber Ranger, or Mirror Entity for combos/overruns. Conspiracy or Xenograft for Allies can also just let Tazri pump the bejeezus out of her tokens.)

I try to keep myself to one deck of each color combo to keep my land-requirements sane. Looking forward to seeing how they do the new 4-color generals. B/U/G/W is probably where I'll finally build a current Enchantress deck, or a +1/+1 Counters Matter deck.

I need 10 more Crucible of Worlds ~_~

My pet terrible card is Tawnos's Coffin, of which I have 9 currently in use. Maybe 3 of them actually deserve to be in their deck, but god damnit I love em.

My decks are all ugly, since I buy the cheapest copies of each card I need that wasn't already rotting in my collection boxes. "Cigarette burn in the middle of the art? I'll claim it's 'alt art'!"

Except Gonti, Gonti's getting pimped, because how else does one build a Lord of Luxury?

I run a Magic Club for the kids at the school I work at, and am the defacto TO for my friday night store, so I keep a good-sized roster of EDH decks on me to lend out to folks. Double sleeved. Bought a bunch of ultra pro satin towers last Black Friday, and use mix-n-match lids/center bits interchangeably to color-code the decks. Usually at least 3-4 of these decks are at home in the card room, laid out on the table and being tinkered with. Pretty much always Karn.

Last edited: