MTG thread

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Necropotence is worth the stamp and some others from iceage if he has playsets of them.
Yeah Necro has some small value, and old pain lands are a buck or two. Generally speaking it's all junk, though. I think I bulked out all my stuff from that era and got more for just Hymn to Tourachs at .25c each than I did all of the rares combined.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Azorius control....

yaaay.gif

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think it's probably wise to sort through them all and organize them by set and make a list of what I've got that's worth anything. How much does the value drop from Mint cards to the other grades percentage wise?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Narset into Howl of the Horde into Treasure Cruise? ;D

Draw 9 on T5 and cast something you drew twice on T6 :p

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I think it's probably wise to sort through them all and organize them by set and make a list of what I've got that's worth anything. How much does the value drop from Mint cards to the other grades percentage wise?
Depends on the card. High end stuff has a retail value that generally only ends up being a guideline for trades. The actual selling price between individuals varies a lot. There's a High End Magic trade group on Facebook with lots of really rare and exotic stuff on it alongside the usual duals etc. You might want to look there to get an idea on some things.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Her ass is fat enough that if you've got some control of the board she's going to get piles of value before going down. If you drop her turn four and she sticks around or really whenever she survives you get to set up silly wrath + rebound effects for turns five and six.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
6 is a lot to get through, even on the draw it takes more than rhino on the field to do it, which is asking a lot for turn 4-5.

ddl-untitled.jpg

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I have... a few. What do you need?

No one can teach you how to MTGO, you must suffer it for yourself.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Something a lot of people haven't really commented on about Narset is that control decks need an actual plan for handling her. The ultimate is a game winner vs. control as assuredly as Jace, Memory Adept was. Standard has Hero's Downfall, but that has been deemed too expensive for modern so far. Abrupt Decay won't touch her out of Sultai, and neither Esper nor Jeskai currently play anything that can kill her reliably. Not even a double bolt will manage it. If you can't interact with her and your opponent manages to stick her through countermagic, she'll just run away with the game.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm no Modern expert but does she do enough to win you the game at 4 mana? The only other spells at that CMC in Modern are Splinter Twin (wins you the game) and Cryptic Command (lets you cast Splinter Twin). The cards have so much raw power in Modern she just looks outclassed.

I think in Standard she might fit in something like Cuneo's Jeskai control. The dream would be Rebound'ing Dig Through Time but having Divination and Lightning Strikes isn't a bad fall back.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Rebounding end hostilities seems pretty backbreaking.

Edit: And for modern, I dunno where it could fit except as a sideboard option somewhere.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
It'll see Modern play. I'm almost positive of that. The card advantage over time is too strong, and it's a good engine for control decks that happens to be built in such a way that tempo can't really maximize it. Between Narset and Anticipate, modern control is getting some significant upgrades. Esper might actually become an option.

Also consider: Tap out control like Esper Superfriends can curve Ashiok > Narset > Gideon Jura with very little stress on mana.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I like Narset less in control decks and more in Jeskai tempo/burn (whatever). Rebounding hordeling outburst, stoke the flames, and jeskai charm seems powerful. The same deck can also rebound dig, though I think that is pretty win-more. The +1 will hit fairly often. Dragon fodder (2 mana 2 goblins) might make its way into the deck as another spell that's actually a creature.

It also ups the threats for that deck: it will have a problem enchantment, creatures, and a planeswalker.

I think it's less exciting, but still a possibility, in U/W heroic too.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Really looking forward to Bad Impulse. Putting the third card on the bottom makes it significantly better than Telling Time when digging for answers/combo bits.