MTG thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Almost 20 years and still going strong.

The greatest Trading Card Game of all time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still got my alpha lotus.

I should sell this thing and take a trip to vegas or some shit.

rad

Lord of Guk
Someone in the NM thread mentioned they do printing for playmats - can you provide additional info?

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Info for those who want to make their own proxy power cube:

Dropbox of all the Cards

And if you want to print them cheaply use Artcows.comCustom Poker Decks.

Make sure to wait for free shipping deals (about once every month or so) or else you will get raped in shipping costs. Below are comparison shots of the poker cards to normal magic cards.

Magic card on top for thickness.
IMG_20121206_021116.jpg

The custom card is slightly bigger
IMG_20121206_021034.jpg

Side by Side comparison
IMG_20121206_021006.jpg

IMG_20121206_021116.jpg

IMG_20121206_021034.jpg

IMG_20121206_021006.jpg

IMG_20121206_021116.jpg

IMG_20121206_021034.jpg

IMG_20121206_021006.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I just wish they would introduce another collector's edition - MTG is great, collecting cards is not. And I don't want to screw around with making my own cards.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Anyone on MTG:O? Add me: DC Madruk - I run legacy decks, but am certainly open to trying out your newfangled cards.

Anyone on MTG:O? Add me: DC Madruk - I run legacy decks, but am certainly open to trying out your newfangled cards.
What's the state of MTG Online nowadays? I played a bit some years ago but I didn't feel like spending the money required for it so it got stale and I stopped (same reason why I stopped irl magic like a decade ago).

Bought MTG - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 on steam and it's been fun playing a bit again.

Sterling

El Presidente
Magic Online is fine. The UI is still relatively shitty, you'd think they'd get some decent programmers to make it more intuitive/smoother, but it plays ok. Also it's not very expensive if you're careful on what you purchase and do a bit of winning.

MTGO is pretty great and you can jump in for way less than you would with real versions. Tournaments are run constantly both on demand and daily with all formats imaginable. As Sterling said, the UI is left over from the Windows 98 era, but it functions well enough. WotC is building a new client which hopefully will bring things up to date. Despite making what I can only imagine is gobs of cash on digital collectible items, their lack of a better UI at this point is beyond ridiculous.

Malt_sl

shitlord
What would be the best way to get a bunch of cheap commons for the pauper format? This would be for MTGO.

Sterling

El Presidente
What would be the best way to get a bunch of cheap commons for the pauper format? This would be for MTGO.
Pretty sure most bots sell commons for a small fraction of a ticket. Some of the key cards in pauper are a bit more spendy but pauper decks are still cheap as fuck compared to basically any other format even block constructed.

• 1Like

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
You can make a pretty good Commander/EDH deck on MODO for cheap that has a ton of replay-ability too.

• 1Like

Loop

Trakanon Raider
Have been playing on and off since The Dark/Revised. Used to help run events NJ, PA, NY area. Sold many collections. Due to time constraints only play MTGO now. Usually on testing standard decks hit me up. pickitup32

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Let's say someone had a savage itch to play 4th edition online and only 4th edition cards allowed (and possibly Ice Age and another one I can't quite think of... the symbol was like a jungle leaf of some kind). Where does one go? And I don't want any of this tactics type crap, I want the straight card game.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
Let's say someone had a savage itch to play 4th edition online and only 4th edition cards allowed (and possibly Ice Age and another one I can't quite think of... the symbol was like a jungle leaf of some kind). Where does one go? And I don't want any of this tactics type crap, I want the straight card game.
Mirage was the palm tree looking expansion symbol you're likely thinking of. As for finding people to play that era of cards, not sure to be honest that's really quite niche heh.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I just thought of Mirage right as I clicked the post lol.

I'll settle for anything close to 4th ed. I'm not terribly interested in all this new fangled stuff.

• 1Like