MTG thread

Xalara

Golden Squire
Deathmist Raptors, Nykthos, Genesis Hydra, etc. all seem to be getting bought out ahead of the Pro Tour. Is G/W Devotion just that good? I do wonder, if it becomes super prevalent whether or not Mastery of the Unseen gets the ban stick or not for being disruptive to tournaments due to the matches taking so long (same reason Second Sunrise was banned).

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Agreed. Aggressive G/R monsters style or Jeskai with Mantis Rider are both good at keeping GW Devotion in check. The Esper Con

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
All G/W Devotion Top 8 at the Pro Tour: THE FIRST TWO WEEK LONG PRO TOUR.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ya reddit posted it, He picked up his temple of deceit and replays it on his turn. There were at least 2 DQs on day one plus the whole Chapin fiasco.

Sterling

El Presidente
I tried to start the video at 30:55. It happens by 31:15. Did you see it?

I hate that shit so much. Aside from the fact that cheating makes you a gigantic faggot, you'd think people would just not do it during a feature match on camera.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
LOL how dumb do you have to be to do that with a camera on you? That's not even slightly incognito.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Lol, i am terrible. watched it 4 times before giving up on what i was supposed to catch.

what is even the point of doing that? his opponenent was on air, he had a planeswalker, and a 2 dig through times.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It happens at exactly 31:04-08 if you can't find it. He flips the Temple upside down after he put his cards in the graveyard, then puts it in his hand, then plays it to scry.

Lasch

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I read what he did - and went back to watch. Just couldn't catch it on my own. I am just amazed at how often he must cheat to do that while in a dominating position while on camera.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Narset +1 lets you look at the top card of your library and draw it if it's non-creature. The scry gets you a peek to try and guarantee that you hit. His opponent is in top deck mode so I guess he figures it's worth the risk to try and get ahead like that. So ballsy.

I played an Esper list last night. Rebound'ing Dig Through Time isn't exactly Sphinx's Rev for 4, but it does give a close approximation.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Now now, if the commentators caught the cheating then that would be an unfair advantage for non-cheating players whose games are on camera. They need to lose their games to cheaters just like the off-camera players or it isn't fair.

[incredibly over-exaggerated wink]

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Actually, it's the responsibility of ANY observers to point out cheating/intentional game state problems.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Holy Shit.

Second semi.

1. Strasky plays Dragonlord Atarka.

2. Yasooka plays Dragonlord Simulgar, chooses to take control of Dragonlord Atarka.

3. Strasky burns out Dragonlord Simulgar, taking Dragonlord Atarka back.

4. Yasooka (playing Blue Black control btw) plays a second Dragonlord Simulgar, retaking the Dragonlord Atarka and attacks to close to game out.

Second game of the match Strasky sideboards out the Dragonlord Atarkas.

Meta at PT DTK day one and day 2 :

rrr_img_94552.jpg

rrr_img_94553.jpg