MTG thread

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Unfortunately you're ~8 months late to snag the mint English Seal I had. Had to sell it off to help pay for a car repair. :/ Hooray for doing P3K Drafts at our store back in the day. Shit's hard to find, and I've run across fakes.

Selling a piece of cardboard that expensive was so awkward. Was extremely worried about getting ripped off.

Did EMA drafts for release last night. Table was apparently a bunch of newer players, because they were massively undervalueing Firebolt and Ghitu Slinger. Ended up with 4 firebolts and 3 slingers, murdered the shit out of that pod's creatures. Wildfire Emissary is a house in this limited format. Toughness is 1 point higher than most sources of damage, while pro-white prevents half the non-damage removal in the set. Ended up drafting nearly mono-red, with a splash of white for Pacifisms for things outside of burn range. Had a lot of fun, played against a Worldgorger Dragon+Animate Dead combo, a G/W Enchantress, and a B/W tokens deck.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pokemon and Yugioh are the 2 other large games nationallly, and both are dramatically less popular than MTG in most areas. Other games tend to be very regional. Just go to the local shop and see for yourself what people are playing and if you find it interesting, I am willing to bet people will be more than happy to show you how to play and get you started.
You are correct, probably the best and easiest way to get into something. I'm sure the card shop would gladly take my money to buy some packs of cards if I wanted to get into on the spot.
smile.png

Thanks guys.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Yeah I was looking for the seal for an EDH deck. One of my coworkers just got me into EDH recently, so this is my first deck.

About two years ago I posted the first piece of power I acquired here. Last weekend I finished the collection, feels good man.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Cracked an EMA box I got for judging. Jace, Vamp Tutor, Sneak Attack and a foil Gamble. Some cheaper nonsense. Not unhappy, but probably would have been better off with cash. Fun to open and draft though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Lame to see vamp at mythic. I'm hoping for a mana crypt, necropotence and jace from my boxes.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I drafted EMA yesterday and had similar experience to Kuro. Lots of younger dudes who had never seen most of the cards in the set. I opened Wrath of God and got passed Balance. Pack 3 I bought out: Cabal Therapy, Sneak Attack and foil Top so I didn't really care how the rest of the draft went.

Thought I had a decent Esper control deck with Pacfism, 3 Hondens, Duplicant and the two sweepers but the aggression is just too good. Died to UW fliers and Elves. Having my Honden lifegain plan answered by Sulfuric Vortex stung a bit. Also got Hymn'd. Probably hasn't happened to me in 17 years? Lol.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Did an EMA draft today, played elves and went 3-0. Afterward I bought a third box, total haul from all packs are as follows:

Mana Crypt (Foil)
Force of Will
Karakas
Wasteland
Chrome Mox
Balance
Sphinx of the Steel Wind
Natural Order
Argothian Enchantress
Vampiric Tutor
Brago x 3 (one Foil)
Mother of Runes x 3 (One foil)
Brainstorm (Foil)
Counter Spell (Foil)
Ashnod's Altar (Foil)
Sensei's Diving Top
Maze of Ith
Enlightened Tutor
Gamble
Baleful Strix
Toxic Deluge x2
Goblin Trenches
Eight and a Half Tails x 2
Visara the Dreadful x 2
Heritage Druid
Duplicant
Green Sun's Zenith
Inkwell Leviathan x2
Goblin Charbelcher
Call the Skybreaker
Control Magic
Dualcaster Mage
Pyrokinesis
Void
Wrath of God x 2
Sinkhole x 2
Rorix Bladewing
Braids, Cabal Minion
Regal Force
Imperious Perfect
Mystical Tutor
Seige Gang Commander x 3
Shardless Agent x 2
Deathrite Shaman
Malicious Affliction x 3 (One foil)
Vindicate
Isochron Scepter
Glare of Subdual
Ichorid x 2
Future Sight
Arcanis the Omnipotent
Entomb
Giant Solifuge
Xantid Swarm x 2
Jareth, Leonine Titan x 2
Silvos, Rogue Elemental x 2
Nevinyrral's Disk

I wanted a Necropotence and a Jace, but I'll take a foil Mana Crypt any day.

Sterling

El Presidente
Did 1 draft so far, played U/W flyers that started out Jace, Foil Control Magic (He money drafted Wasteland), Silent Departure, Mistral Charger. Deck was absurd, even ended up playing my Brainstorm which I generally think is pretty bad in Limited, but 5 Squadron Hawks convinced me! Also I love me some Giant Tortoise.

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else looking forward to Eldritch Moon? Also, when should spoiler season start, like two or three weeks?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Did 1 draft so far, played U/W flyers that started out Jace, Foil Control Magic (He money drafted Wasteland), Silent Departure, Mistral Charger. Deck was absurd, even ended up playing my Brainstorm which I generally think is pretty bad in Limited, but 5 Squadron Hawks convinced me! Also I love me some Giant Tortoise.
UW fliers was the other undefeated deck I played at the end of the night. Luckily he didn't draft a Jace hah.

Elves had too much synergy. Was 10/10.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Just organized my bulk from ema. Oddly, every color had one uncommon that I only got a single copy of across three boxes. These are more rare than some of my actual rares.

Anyone have any insight on this? I don't usually crack packs.

Just organized my bulk from ema. Oddly, every color had one uncommon that I only got a single copy of across three boxes. These are more rare than some of my actual rares.

Anyone have any insight on this? I don't usually crack packs.
I open a ton of product and I've had that happen with other sets. I can't remember which uncommon it was with SOI, but there was one that I only had 3 of after cracking 4 boxes. In the past it seems like it had been a more playable uncommon, like Wild Slash in Fate Reforged or Banishing Light in Journey into Nyx, but in SOI it was something crappy. I don't really think there's any conspiracy behind this; there's the same number of copies of each card on an uncut sheet. Random distribution is just different than equal distribution.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Anyone else looking forward to Eldritch Moon? Also, when should spoiler season start, like two or three weeks?
Mothership Spoiler Season (2 Week Duration) begins on the 27th, although there's a possibility of a Mechanics Article on the 20th which will spoil a few cards. This is similar to SOI, where the Mechanics article came out a week before the actual spoilers started. Full spoiler will be available July 8th.

I'm mostly looking forward to the Internet Sobfest when it's Emrakul and not <insert pet theory here>.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
As long as it's not that bullshit rumor about cards spanning two halves, I'm happy. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.