To WotC

1697494872344.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Rudy wildin’ today. Best part of this to me is that all the points MaRo brings up are all problems they creates themselves.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Rudy wildin’ today. Best part of this to me is that all the points MaRo brings up are all problems they creates themselves.

They did a thing and then admitted the thing didn't really work.

What would you rather them do?

Sterling

El Presidente
I didn't really pay attention. Does this mean that there will be more rares shitting up limited and being generally worthless on the secondary market?

• 1Worf

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm

If you read their release they try and come across that they are doing this all for the benefit of the community and the stores that sell MTG. And it's plain to see in everything they do, they don't give a shit about either. So it's a really, really scummy position by them. He's just calling them out on it.

• 1Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 users

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I think MaRo actually does have the players in mind, but has to bend to the will of the investors.

• 1Like

OneofOne

Fallout decks went on presale today. 4 decks, $40 each, with Collector Boosters. Showcase frame looks interesting. Not like a MTG card, but what is anymore.

fallout.png

• 1Like

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
RDT_20231019_2314315662669954689375140.jpg

Make a deck where you roll d20's and not d6's.

The House always wins. The truth is, the game was rigged from the start.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

That's not a fair characterisation is it?

They made new types of booster to squeeze more money out of players, an accountant forcasted that the draft booster would eventually become obselete, killing draft.

Rather than put it back to how it was, they are cancelling draft and play boosters and making a new more expensive draft booster to squeeze even more money out of players.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
That's not a fair characterisation is it?

They made new types of booster to squeeze more money out of players, an accountant forcasted that the draft booster would eventually become obselete, killing draft.

Rather than put it back to how it was, they are cancelling draft and play boosters and making a new more expensive draft booster to squeeze even more money out of players.
It's more expensive but there will be more cards per booster potentially worth money. It seems like a relatively good compromise to keep packs interesting and yet still playable in draft. Booster prices have not gone up in a long time.

I'd be interested to see how much the per-box price really goes up when real world prices hit. The dominance of Amazon has been really good to box-openers (and bad for B&Ms.) It has kept the margins on boxes very, very low.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
It's more expensive but there will be more cards per booster potentially worth money. It seems like a relatively good compromise to keep packs interesting and yet still playable in draft. Booster prices have not gone up in a long time.

I'd be interested to see how much the per-box price really goes up when real world prices hit. The dominance of Amazon has been really good to box-openers (and bad for B&Ms.) It has kept the margins on boxes very, very low.
Is it more money per card?

You can put prices up and you can adjust the contents of packs. No problem.

The problem is adjusting the content of the packs "for the health of the game" when they are fixing issues they created themselves to get more money out of players. Then putting the prices up while doing that.

It comes across as dishonest and it's the typical corporate speak they employ to hide their desperate persuit of money.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is it more money per card?

You can put prices up and you can adjust the contents of packs. No problem.

The problem is adjusting the content of the packs "for the health of the game" when they are fixing issues they created themselves to get more money out of players. Then putting the prices up while doing that.

It comes across as dishonest and it's the typical corporate speak they employ to hide their desperate persuit of money.
It's going to be the same number of rares per booster box as the old way, they said.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
RDT_20231020_1752594362677635730845809.jpg

Gary!

...I really thought fallout in magic was the dumbest shit and they should have done Elder Scrolls, but I think I'm gonna cave for this one. Haven't bought all commander decks other than 40k.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

OneofOne

"The first tentpole Magic set based on Marvel’s fan-favorite characters and epic stories will appear globally in 2025, with additional all-new exciting sets for multi-generational fans to collect and play."

Curious what they are up to, and a few years back I'd think this was pretty sick. Hard to care as much these days.

• 1Like