MTG thread

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Expeditions are bottoming out pretty fuckin hard. I've got local shop owners trying to push them out the door fast. Shocks for $50-60, non-blue fetches for $70-80. Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm snagging every single one of them I can afford at those prices. Seems impossible they could stay that low forever unless they're just a horrible marketing failure (and they aren't).
I actually like RTR block foil shocks better because of the guild emblems.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I actually like RTR block foil shocks better because of the guild emblems.
RTR shocks are my least favorite of the 3 art options, though. I honestly prefer the originals, but I think long term the expeditions will have a little more value (even though they're probably about the same in terms of total numbers).

Sterling

El Presidente
Japanese originals! Speaking of foreign, I'm still salty that foreign boxes result in English expeditions.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I just put $200 worth of cards into a buylist with Cardhoarder to move from paper to MTGO. I just can't seem to get out of the house to play any more.

Dedface_sl

shitlord
I have modern Robots online if anyone wants to playtest against it. AhabHix is my username. If any of you played EDH against me on there, I'm sorry
frown.png

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I just put $200 worth of cards into a buylist with Cardhoarder to move from paper to MTGO. I just can't seem to get out of the house to play any more.
Judging has killed most of my playing time. I at least walk out with a little bit of a profit and get to watch some fun matches though.

It also let me afford my fourth power card this week, so there's that. Trying to be done and ready for Eternal Weekend next year.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
OK, the WalMart by my house has 5 BFZ fat packs for 41 bucks each. I am considering buying them out just because of the 80 full art lands in each one. Any chance the new full art lands hold value like the old ones?

Sterling

El Presidente
OK, the WalMart by my house has 5 BFZ fat packs for 41 bucks each. I am considering buying them out just because of the 80 full art lands in each one. Any chance the new full art lands hold value like the old ones?
Not in the short term. Even at a quarter each we've really slowed down on sales of them. 5 years from now? They'll probably be a dollar each or something.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I would buy them. Assuming 2.50 true cost for the packs, die is around $1.5, box is worth 1 dollar or so, you're getting 80 lands for 15 dollars.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
they will print expedition basics before these ever gain value, its just to easy of a cashgrab while also popular

i wonder when they will start printing fliplands btw, one basic land on either side, does not enter play tapped, can be fetched

new 80$ modern lands right

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I would buy them. Assuming 2.50 true cost for the packs, die is around $1.5, box is worth 1 dollar or so, you're getting 80 lands for 15 dollars.
the long term value of the regular cards in this set will always be low, since people have opened so much product

unless you have a physical store it seems ambitious to value a die at 1.5$, on magiccardmarket they are about .40-50$, and you'd hardly ever sell one since shipping makes it cost people 3$ to get a 50 cent item

would rather invest in my 3rd tabernacle
smile.png

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
It also let me afford my fourth power card this week, so there's that.
Are you going for power because you want to play vintage, or as an investment?

I found some judge promos to be really good investments, praise my flusterstorms, though i think they may be reprinted with the next MM edition so there is an expiry date on those probably. Broken stuff like sneak attack seems pretty safe however.

Sterling

El Presidente
Well, my point was that Modern Masters is literally all reprints of cards that are already Modern legal.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Well, my point was that Modern Masters is literally all reprints of cards that are already Modern legal.
Yea thats fair, so given that storm is a special mechanic unlikely to come back soon, maybe flusterstorm in FTV:Control?

I like the odds on that card.

Sterling

El Presidente
Yea thats fair, so given that storm is a special mechanic unlikely to come back soon, maybe flusterstorm in FTV:Control?

I like the odds on that card.
This could certainly happen. Or it could get put back into a Commander deck or a Planechase or whatever other peripheral item they want it to be in. Those wouldn't be fancy foils though, unlike FTV.