MTG thread

Simas_sl

shitlord
What leaked in March?

If there defense is yea we saw leaks but we never spread them beyond our group of connected judges and friends then I don't think that's much defense at all.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
What leaked in March?

If there defense is yea we saw leaks but we never spread them beyond our group of connected judges and friends then I don't think that's much defense at all.
Not a damn clue. My point in highlighting that is to show that, aside from Kozilek and Wastes, the "leaks" WotC is referring to were the same imgur info that came off reddit etc. It's a fabrication to suggest that they were somehow involved in a long term scheme to leak new Magic sets. No one was "connected" to anything. It was the southeast regional leadership chat, not a secret cabal of thieves.

This all assumes anyone ever knew they had done something wrong. Every MTG player with an Internet connection has seen a leaked card before. Beyond when, how, or why they saw them, NO player has any obligation to protect WotC's IP. There's nothing to defend. The first time anyone knew WotC had a problem was when they got their suspension letters.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Just to make sure, the imgur leak of all the mythics and expeditions in Oath had nothing to do with the group of judges suspended, correct?

Ninen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you're going to do the time, you may as well do the crime.

I fully hope that this causes not a Chilling effect, but rather more WIDE spread leaks. And then, when an entire season of big events has to be canceled for lack of judges (or we get an NFL referee strike style clown-car of fuckery); things might change inside WOTC.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Obviously if the Judges all strike, then they'll just get the WOTC Coverage Team to Judge live on camera. It'll be glorious. They don't even know what half the cards in competitive modern decks do!

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Obviously if the Judges all strike, then they'll just get the WOTC Coverage Team to Judge live on camera. It'll be glorious. They don't even know what half the cards in competitive modern decks do!
Will never happen. If for no other reason than because judges don't want to screw their community of players and because for every player that supported their decision to do so there would be 1,000 players foaming at the mouth over how the judges are fucking them over. At best a small segment of the L2+ population gives enough of a shit about what happened to risk their status by stepping out of line like that. But not anything like the numbers that would be required to cause widespread cancellations due to judge availability, except maybe in certain geographic regions. If the L3 I know stepped away for example TO's in the area would go from booking an active L3 they already have a relationship with who lives within 5 hours drive to trying to book a L3 6+ hours away who they don't know and who probably already supports as large of an area as they can. But I think there's absolutely 0 chance he even cares about what happened to be honest knowing him. Not to denigrate L1's lest drthym jump my shit, it's just 50% of the L1's could disappear tomorrow and it would probably make fuck all difference to most tournaments firing or not.

I've been a little surprised at the lack of caring from the larger judge community who don't personally know or interact with someone effected. I expected a lot more people to see "SE region gutted, all L3's and RC suspended" and think to themselves there's really no way this is as cut and dry or as.... conspiratorial(?) as wizards implies it to be.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
Is Mike your L3 over there Taloo? Or is he still just a L2. I can't remember if it was L2 or L3 that AR only had 2 of till he got it.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I've been a little surprised at the lack of caring from the larger judge community who don't personally know or interact with someone effected. I expected a lot more people to see "SE region gutted, all L3's and RC suspended" and think to themselves there's really no way this is as cut and dry or as.... conspiratorial(?) as wizards implies it to be.
A lot of L1s don't really have much interaction with L2s beyond initial testing and then the occasional help with a PPTQ, so I get why they might be removed from it. It's interesting to hear that you don't think the wider program has been too supporting. Being from the SE, I'm right in the middle of it all, and it seems like the program has been very supportive. I know our suspended RC has been hearing from a lot of L3+ leadership as well as WotC, and they've all been supportive. Even the WotC people, oddly enough.

Like most things, people are just going to forget and go on with their lives. It'll crop back up once there's a decision about appeals, but until then I expect people are still busy with the holidays. There's a reason they timed the announcement when they did.

Nxs_sl

shitlord
Bought a couple of Chinese proxies. I was really impressed. The quality is really good nowadays. They still feel different though and the back of the cards could be better, but I couldn't tell the difference anymore when just looking at the front-sides. They also have the same gloss and everything.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone have any experience buying/selling cards online? Family got me a bunch of packs for Christmas and I got a foil mythic rare, a quick google-fu tells me this card is worth ~70 bucks and I'm thinking of selling it to pocket the cash and/or buy more cards. What would be the best method to get rid of it, e-bay or something else?

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
in europe its magiccardmarket

btw tell your family to give you funds for singles rather then buying packs
smile.png

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Naw, I enjoy opening packs. Just playing casually with friends and family, never going to enter the competitive scene.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
Hey Heylel, was listening to the Judgecast that just went up. One of the the dudes was saying how if he had gotten suspended, he'd be screwed because that's how he makes his living. Is that possible? Like to just work off events in payment and product? Maybe he has a wife or something with additional income but sounds crazy that they could bring in that much. Also crazy for Wizards to keep fucking around with this arrangment.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
He's a head judge for major events, if I remember correctly, not your standard worker bee.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Was playing EDH the other night and my buddy was playing a Khalia deck. He had Aurelia the Warleader out already. He attacked with Khalia and Aurelia, and played a another card out when Khalia attacked. My question is, can the creature that came out from Khalia's ability attack in the second combat phase that Aurelia gives? One guy said no, because that creature didn't have haste, so technically still had summoning sickness. The other view was that because it came out tapped and attacking from Khalia, that because it untapped it could attack again in the second combat phase. How should this have played?