MTG thread

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have any experience buying/selling cards online? Family got me a bunch of packs for Christmas and I got a foil mythic rare, a quick google-fu tells me this card is worth ~70 bucks and I'm thinking of selling it to pocket the cash and/or buy more cards. What would be the best method to get rid of it, e-bay or something else?
I looked at selling some cards to StarCity about a year ago, they offered me 900 for my Mox. I never went through with it, because handing over a few grand in cards via mail just doesn't sit quite right. I'm not sure what kind/if any protections there are for the seller in these cases. That Mox is pretty much irreplaceable, so if they "lost" it or whatever, I'm out a huge chunk -- then again, that Mox just sits here doing nothing.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was playing EDH the other night and my buddy was playing a Khalia deck. He had Aurelia the Warleader out already. He attacked with Khalia and Aurelia, and played a another card out when Khalia attacked. My question is, can the creature that came out from Khalia's ability attack in the second combat phase that Aurelia gives? One guy said no, because that creature didn't have haste, so technically still had summoning sickness. The other view was that because it came out tapped and attacking from Khalia, that because it untapped it could attack again in the second combat phase. How should this have played?
Without haste the creature Kaalia put into play on the first combat could not attack on the additional combat step.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I looked at selling some cards to StarCity about a year ago, they offered me 900 for my Mox. I never went through with it, because handing over a few grand in cards via mail just doesn't sit quite right. I'm not sure what kind/if any protections there are for the seller in these cases. That Mox is pretty much irreplaceable, so if they "lost" it or whatever, I'm out a huge chunk -- then again, that Mox just sits here doing nothing.
Things that large, you're generally better off doing in person at an event. That way if there's a question about condition (and for power, there will be), you don't have to deal with return shipping if the updated quote isn't to your liking. If 900 was their NM price, I can pretty much guarantee they would have adjusted that down once they saw the card in person. Unless you cracked it out of a graded plastic case or something, they'll find a reason to call it LP. It's one of the reasons that I *buy* from SCG. Their grading is so strict that I can always know a LP card is going to be nearly flawless.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
No, 900 was the price they offered me once they saw the scans, they are linked earlier in the thread somewhere. At the time NM was going for 1200-1500. Online, is the only real way I could offload these cards, as I live in the arsehole end of Australia, and would require a 5 hour flight to even make it to a place that *might* want MTG cards of that calibre. Fuck flying to the states for 2 grand to sell some cards for 6.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Ah, nice. I've never scanned anything and sold it via mail that large, so good to know they'll honor pricing.

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
When a 6/6 Flying for 4 exiles my Library, it gets my attention.

Oath is looking a lot more interesting than BFZ.

Xalara

Golden Squire
WotC seems to be pushing a B/R devoid aggro deck, a lands deck, a big red deck, and ramp. Am I missing any archetypes?

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
They are going to have to push a whole lot harder on any aggro deck while Atarka Red still exists.

Xalara

Golden Squire
If it weren't for the battlerage combo I'd say that Atarka Red is no longer tier 1 with kozilek's return around. Except since the combo is still around it isn't going anywhere.

Simas_sl

shitlord
I think there might be an Eldrazi deck that isn't ramp but isn't BR devoid either. Maybe more midrange using the blink Eldrazi and the four and five drops. Not sure though.

What you guys think the chances of an Inquisition of Kozilek reprint are? It's gonna be lame if they don't reprint it.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I could see Inquisition making the cut since you are doing a set full of giant bombs that it can't touch. But dunno if they want to run back to that sort of gameplay after they just got rid of Thoughtseize.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Instead of working 70 hour weeks I could have just bought Eye of Ugins on MTGO and made 4x as much money.

drtyrm

Lord Nagafen Raider
I dunno modern that well but Warping Wail in Tron vs Twin? I guess you could just say 'modern Tron' about a lot of cards in a colorless set.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Got a decent amount of cards sitting at my parent's place that my dad wants to get rid of. Some are mine, some are my brother's, nobody mentioned wants them. I'm fairly certain they're close to worthless. But how can I check easily before tossing them?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Thanks. Didn't know dual lands were worth that much. I know we had at least a few. Now the annoying part: trying to actually sell the shit.