MTG thread

Xalara

Golden Squire
May as well link this, since it has all the known cards so far:http://www.mtgsalvation.com/dragons-maze-spoiler.html

Beyond that, the basic land in every Dragon's Maze pack will be a guildgate with a chance of it being a shockland instead. Unfortunately shock lands will now have half the chance of dropping in a pack compared to Return to Ravnica and Gatecrash.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
So whats the chance of a shockland now then? (Sorry I just recently started playing again so I don't know the stats on boosters anymore)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Okay, both RTR and GTC have 53 rares and 15 mythics.

Rares are on the sheet twice and mythics are on the sheet once.

So out of 121 cards on the sheet for a given set, 10 are shocklands, 2 of each. So the chance of getting a shockland is 10/121 = 1/12.1 and the chance of getting a specific shockland is 2/121 or 1/60.5.

For DGM I don't know exactly what they mean, whether they mean your chance of hitting ANY shockland is halfed, or chance of hitting a specific shockland is halfed because theres all 10 shocklands.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
So whats the chance of a shockland now then? (Sorry I just recently started playing again so I don't know the stats on boosters anymore)
Bout 1 in 20, but it would be in addition to the normal rare in the pack. Also, the 11th mythic of the set is a mythic rare land that shares the land slot in the pack as well. It also happens to be the prerelease promo card (because it's probably not very playable).

Overall, it's a decent set so far. I'll pick a bit up, and am looking forward to seeing Innistrad rotate out so we can see some new tactics. I'm tired of all the Snapcaster / Cavern of Souls / Restoration Angel shenanigans.

Ranak

Molten Core Raider
I've got a bunch of boxes with old cards I should probably sell. Am I better off to try and sell them at a local store, one of the online sites or eBay etc? What is the best way to find a fair value to sell them? I know I've got a bunch of dual lands and cards from beta through Fallen Empires or so. Thanks.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Wtf with the red cards curving out at 3+ mana? Makes them all useless in the most common red heavy archetypes. Legion's End looks interesting for Boros based decks tho.

ood_sl

shitlord
OUCH !!!

Reap Intellect
Sorcery
Target opponent reveals his or her hand and you choose X nonland cards from among them. Search that player's library, hand, and graveyard for cards with the same name as those cards and exile them. Then that player shuffles library.

532049_10151561604392025_1175153604_n.jpg

ood_sl

shitlord
Right on, thank you! Another question I have is I've only been playing for about a month, what can I expect at a pre-release event?
Pick a Guild , get your Guild Box , then build the best 40 card deck you can using only the cards they provide you with. they will have stacks of basic mana for you to use.

Random Gatecrash Pre-Release Vid:

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Right on, thank you! Another question I have is I've only been playing for about a month, what can I expect at a pre-release event?
Have you played Sealed before?

For the dragon's maze prerelease you're going to pick 1 of the 10 Ravnica guilds. You'll get a special pack in your box containing cards for that guild only. Then you'll get a another pack that has only cards for a random guild that shares 1 color with that guild. Then you'll get 4 regular Dragon's Maze booster packs.

You will then open those and build the best deck you can out of all the available cards. You don't have to play the guild you picked but you probably will. Your deck will be at least 3 colors. You need to build a deck of 40 cards, generally 23 cards and 17 lands (basic lands will be available to add to your deck up to the number you need.) You can alter your deck as much as you want between games and rounds if you don't like the choices you made.

This will be a difficult prerelease to build decks for. 3 colors makes it hard to know how many lands of each color to play. Some decks will be 4 or even 5 colors depending what cards get opened. You may want to ask for help building your deck.

You will play best-of-3 matches, at least 4 of them. Your first round you will get randomly paired against someone, it could be another new player or a regular. After that, pairings will be by standing in the event.

It's important to take your losses in good spirits.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's paired by record not standing until the last round.
Yeah it's paired by match points but I didn't want to get technical. I was just trying to say that if you lose a few times you won't be facing the experienced players anymore.

Therage

Vyemm Raider
Any idea how long these pre-release things normally last? Id like to go but I typically work like 4-5 hours after they start.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
About 5 hours if everything runs smoothly and it starts on time. It should be 45ish minutes for deck construction and 4x 50 minute rounds.