MTG thread

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Some legacy cards cost more on MTGO then in real life.

While the MTGO legacy community is small and the cards can't be reclaimed.

I refuse to pay for that.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just want to draft, I don't care about keeping the cards. I'd gladly pay $10 a month for unlimited drafts.

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Besides making sure I announce steps and get more sleep anyone got tips howto avoid stupid mistakes like that?
I have been playing for close to 20 years and even now I have to always tell myself to SLOW DOWN! Take your time and think. Before you say go, look at your hand, your mana, the board, etc. Most mistakes I make is when I say go without looking around and realizing what is going on. Besides that, just practice, practice, practice.

I just want to draft, I don't care about keeping the cards. I'd gladly pay $10 a month for unlimited drafts.
Indeed. If they had something like that going I would have been playing mtgo for years. Played some physical mtg like around 4th-5th editions but the costs put me and my friends off finally. Basically since then I've kinda wanted to get back but mtgo and the pricing schemes are just too shitty. Magic 2013 and 2014 were fun for a bit but they are basically adds that you pay for.

Looks like hearthstone will scratch the itch for me now thou so I don't have to hope for a mtgo miracle.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Thinking about going to the legacy IQ near me this weekend. I'm still short a couple of cards that I would need to scrounge locally, which would probably cost me more than it should. I don't trust the mail to get here by the weekend given the holiday.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I just want to go play sealed deck and draft tournaments in person again. I haven't played in like 10 years but Hearthstone is giving me the itch. Too expensive and I don't actually want the cards so I won't do it, but I want to.

Thinking about going to the legacy IQ near me this weekend. I'm still short a couple of cards that I would need to scrounge locally, which would probably cost me more than it should. I don't trust the mail to get here by the weekend given the holiday.
Don't SCG usually have vendor booths set up?

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Not for something the size of an IQ. Those are local feeder tournaments. The actual invitationals usually happen at an Open or GP event. Those have SCG vendors (and GP events typically have several others).

There's a local shop I can snag a Wasteland at, which is the only really expensive card I still need. The rest I am going to try and scrounge from Modern night at a place near me this week. Besides the Wasteland, all I need are a couple of Gaddock Teegs and a MM reprint or two. Chalice of the Void, and I think a Maelstrom Pulse.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Been playing a bit with Conley Woods dredge deck in standard. It's actually super fun to play and also seem like with a few more tweaks it could definitely be tier 1.5.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Thanks Grabbit! If I can't find one this week I may take you up on that.

I'm sure I'll get annihilated since I haven't played a sanctioned Legacy tournament since it was called Type 1.5.
frown.png

Sterling

El Presidente
Thanks Grabbit! If I can't find one this week I may take you up on that.

I'm sure I'll get annihilated since I haven't played a sanctioned Legacy tournament since it was called Type 1.5.
frown.png
Don't sweat it so much, it's still just Magic. What I do like about Legacy is you can play a 7 or 8 round tournament and maybe play against the same deck maybe twice instead of like a Standard tournament where in 7 or 8 rounds you'll play against 3 decks total.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Oh totally. I play Magic to chill out and relax, even in tournaments. I mostly want to go so that I can experience a couple more legacy decks. I've played vs. Sneak and Show, Shardless BUG, Esper Stoneblade, RUG Delver and Countertop. Never Death and Taxes, or Goblins, or Charbelcher (though I've watched matches).

My Sneak and Show matchup is actually pretty favorable, and given that it is such a popular deck right now I'm looking forward to it.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Also, thank you for the tips I am definitely working on things. I think I really need to find a group to play test with too. That will greatly help with figuring out errors in my plays.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Got my last Wasteland, so it looks like I'm set for the Legacy IQ tomorrow. I'm still planning to be there assuming I don't accidentally end up drunk tonight.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Did you show up Heylel? I totally spaced and forgot you were going to be there. I top 8'd it, but lost to a Delver player.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I was there in a brown fleece and jeans playing Loam. I did horrifically, 1-3-1, but that's roughly what I expected for my first Legacy event. All of my matches went to 3 games, which I consider a small victory since I never was outright demolished. The tie was to that dude playing Merfolk. I almost gave him the match just to be friendly, but he acted like a dick the entire time so I let it go to time. I watched him try to cheat at least twice earlier in the day too.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was the guy in the Oklahoma sweatshirt. I went in to the Top 8 as the #1 seed if that helps you remember me. I wish I hadn't been so focused on Magic and remembered you were going to be there so we had time to chat and play.

I played n the Standard IQ in Leeds, Alabama today and top 8'd it too, but ousted in the first round. /sigh.