MTG thread

Wizards has been historically pretty lenient on cheaters. This guy'll get banned for 6 months or so. Then he'll be back and cheating again. I really think they should be harsher when the guy has a history of shady-ness and its on camera. I can't really blame his opponents too much for not catching him. Takes a lot of mental focus/energy to catch a cheater when you're trying to do your game plan as well. This gfycat from that reddit thread makes it pretty clear. He reaches for a die and looks at the top card of the deck.
Classic misdirection:

magicTCG - Jiffier gifs through HTML5 Video Conversion.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Draft from the strip club I went 3/0 with. Missing two sideboard black creatures that were terrible I tore up to make counters and tokens. Not sure if I should have played the blue flyer, 4/5, or the 2 drop Aven tbh. Just loaded it into the beta because im too lazy to take a picture.

Just cracked the packs I won. Crackling Doom, Sidisi, and Flooded Strand. Probably gave three Sarkhans away. Rest were 80c-$1 rares. Got a sweet sweet bird token and just realized I left two Sorin Emblems in the box with the lands I gave a friend for next time. Dammit.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
Nah. Frankly it was no different than playing in a bar except the topless women were guaranteed. We didn't finish till a little after 3am so after the first round everyone was just focused on finishing the tourney. As far as I know tipping the girls and most(but not all) of the drinking happened before we got started. To be honest I should have tipped the girl who danced on me for a picture an employee took during round 1 when we played by the stage but I too focused on the game and not pressing my luck with my girlfriend who was sitting next to me. Didn't realize it till we stopped for breakfast on the way home and my girl was teasing me and filling me in on stuff I didn't catch due to playing. I also went back and tipped the bartenders today because I forgot that too. I was all kinds of out of it due to lack of sleep and stressing over my move and getting the tourney of the ground on such short notice. I should be leaving today but between her staying for a week and the tourney I haven't accomplished fuck all.

imgur: the simple image sharerThat's mid draft. Don't think I'll get the funniest pictures since they had some of the dancers in them. My girl has a lot more of our super serious draft faces though and a couple from the last round but she hasn't uploaded them yet. Apparently she knew I was going to win the last round because I looked depressed as shit because there was no combination of cards that would give my friend the win for the last five turns of the game and I completely blew him out.

Seriously though how's my draft look? 1st picked Master of Pearls because nothing else in the pack caught my eye. Then got red and black removal. Ended up getting cut so took lands and banners over meh playables. 1st picked Charm in pack two due to nothing exciting again. 2nd pick R/G fetch. 3rd pick Sagu Mauler so I just said fuck it five colors it is and took lands first unless there was a really good playable. By pack three I had damn near all the non basics so got my pick of the best cards in every color while the rest of the table tried to fix their mana base. Obviously if you play five colors you're playing the odds every hand but I think the deck I managed and the way the draft was going justified it.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Be decent looking (amazing looking for the MTG crowd), work out, be confident, act like this is boring and you have someplace important to be, and it's amazing how little people will question your shit.
Shit is so true actually. What a scumbag this guy is.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nah. Frankly it was no different than playing in a bar except the topless women were guaranteed. We didn't finish till a little after 3am so after the first round everyone was just focused on finishing the tourney. As far as I know tipping the girls and most(but not all) of the drinking happened before we got started. To be honest I should have tipped the girl who danced on me for a picture an employee took during round 1 when we played by the stage but I too focused on the game and not pressing my luck with my girlfriend who was sitting next to me. Didn't realize it till we stopped for breakfast on the way home and my girl was teasing me and filling me in on stuff I didn't catch due to playing. I also went back and tipped the bartenders today because I forgot that too. I was all kinds of out of it due to lack of sleep and stressing over my move and getting the tourney of the ground on such short notice. I should be leaving today but between her staying for a week and the tourney I haven't accomplished fuck all.

imgur: the simple image sharerThat's mid draft. Don't think I'll get the funniest pictures since they had some of the dancers in them. My girl has a lot more of our super serious draft faces though and a couple from the last round but she hasn't uploaded them yet. Apparently she knew I was going to win the last round because I looked depressed as shit because there was no combination of cards that would give my friend the win for the last five turns of the game and I completely blew him out.

Seriously though how's my draft look? 1st picked Master of Pearls because nothing else in the pack caught my eye. Then got red and black removal. Ended up getting cut so took lands and banners over meh playables. 1st picked Charm in pack two due to nothing exciting again. 2nd pick R/G fetch. 3rd pick Sagu Mauler so I just said fuck it five colors it is and took lands first unless there was a really good playable. By pack three I had damn near all the non basics so got my pick of the best cards in every color while the rest of the table tried to fix their mana base. Obviously if you play five colors you're playing the odds every hand but I think the deck I managed and the way the draft was going justified it.
You do know what forum you are posting on, yes? That picture could not be a picture with the strippers in it? What is the point of playing at a strip club if you do not get the pictures of the lap dance taking place while you swing for the win?

Wuyley_sl

shitlord
Because strippers are not too keen on getting their picture taken when they are walking around nude with their stretchmarks showing.

Taloo_sl

shitlord
You do know what forum you are posting on, yes? That picture could not be a picture with the strippers in it? What is the point of playing at a strip club if you do not get the pictures of the lap dance taking place while you swing for the win?
Fine. There's a stripper in the one where I activate my trap card. I think that's what happened. I'm sorry for my girlfriends potato. She's one of those hut asians. The savage ones.

fucking turtles always in the way. judging you. for being retarded.
FFMlIFk.jpg
Sleeves are for bitches. Real mean like their cards whiskey flavor. So I drank bud lite and water all night.

Flight

Molten Core Raider

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The worst is when people use acetone to make white border fetches and shit. It just looks like hell.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I acquired my first piece of Power tonight.

5QThXHa.jpg

White border for the lose, but I want my whole set to be the same color and I doubt I'll snag a black bordered Lotus.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Ran the tables at modern tonight after several weeks off. I cobbled together Treasure Cruise Burn an hour before the tournament and pretty much dominated. Playing Burn feels so, so silly... but damn if it didn't work. Swiftspear, Eidolon and Treasure Cruise have given that deck a SERIOUS shot in the arm.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
How much did you set this back?
I got a pretty solid price at $650.00 + tax. Case etc were free. The guy I'm buying from has the whole set with multiples in varying conditions. This Ruby is in pretty awesome condition.

I'm planning to grab a piece or two per month for a while. I'm thinking November will be a Lotus.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
I had several pieces of power when I was younger, but that was back when Type 1 was still commonly played and I could reliably find a game with them ($90 for a Ruby was also a lot better than $650). These days, Vintage is so incredibly rare that I don't really see the point in them anymore. For most new players, a binder full of dual lands has the same effect as seeing a piece of power for trade.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I had several pieces of power when I was younger, but that was back when Type 1 was still commonly played and I could reliably find a game with them ($90 for a Ruby was also a lot better than $650). These days, Vintage is so incredibly rare that I don't really see the point in them anymore. For most new players, a binder full of dual lands has the same effect as seeing a piece of power for trade.
When Moxes were $30 when I started playing, they were standard "FNM" tournament prizes at my LGS. They were all over the place, literally. So crazy... When my LGS went out of business, I'd just started playing EQ and traded a bunch of my Mox's/Rishadan Ports/Legacy stuff such as Cradle (thousands upon thousands of dollars of MTG now), for like 3k in platinum in EQ. FML.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I don't think I'd ever use it in play. It's just a collectors piece for me.