Murders and Shootings

tad10

Elisha Dushku
As I've said in the other thread, only giant faggots run around with guns as they are completely and utterly unnecessary in modern society.They literally offer nothing to the daily lives of modern men.
One of you uber gun control nuts is in for a very bad day sometime in the future when your home is invaded or car is jacked. Hopefully only you have to deal with the results of your short-sightedness and not your family or children.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
One of you uber gun control nuts is in for a very bad day sometime in the future when your home is invaded or car is jacked. Hopefully only you have to deal with the results of your short-sightedness and not your family or children.
Why? I wouldn't want to get into a shootout with a criminal for my car or anything in my home. My life isn't worth the risk. Material possessions are replaceable.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How many children have to die before we finally outlaw public education and put them back in factories where they belong?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Actually they're a lot of fun.

If you don't think shooting is fun, you've never done it (or you're just someone that can't let himself accept fun for stupid political reasons).

Why? Because you say so? Fuck you.
I grew up in Texas, so I've spend time shooting guns with hillbilly cousins. They, like you - are retarded. Yes because I say so. In 3 pages you've made no compelling or even entertaining argument for owning and purchasing a firearm. Not one. I'm a republican, so its not political. Its common sense. If you spent the time you spend shooting cans behind your shed on making money, you'd see it my way.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
You're a fucking dumbass if you believe that.
Because Americans/Colonials living in the 18th Century never had to deal with maurading Indian tribes, French trappers, robbers, murderers and the like? Amirite? It was an Anemone/Tyen rainbow forest fun land?

Arative

Vyemm Raider
NBC nightly news reported that the guns were the mother's, all legally bought. They also reported that he might have killed his mother at the house and then went to the school to kill those kids because that would further destroy his mother.

The debate should focus on mental health, not gun control.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Why? I wouldn't want to get into a shootout with a criminal for my car or anything in my home. My life isn't worth the risk. Material possessions are replaceable.
What if someone was threatening to steal your harem of 16 year old girls?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
You know, for the most part I respect people's opinions when they are anti-guns, but shut the fuck up you ignorant faggot.
Not a man.

If you can't kill it with a bow and arrow and a knife, you're a fucking pussy who doesn't deserve the kill.

Otherwise, shut the fuck up.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Certain types of guns were only made to kill people, that's a fact, whether you want to claim otherwise or not. There's a ton of shit that has nothing to do with hunting or home protection. If you somehow think that restricting the availability of things that would be deemed to fit in that category would infringe on everything else then fine, but this is done in almost every other facet of our lives.

Edit: Tad has basically shown he's a certified retard so getting into a 2nd amendment debate is just pointless.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
One's life doesn't strike me as particularly replaceable. You are welcome to go read up how many times invaders have just fucking killed the people in the house/car they are invading/jacking. Even when no resistence was offered.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Right, because its in my best interest to pull a gun on somebody stealing my car. Listen Batman, if someone is jacking your shit - you give it to them and file a claim with your insurance company and move on. I make enough money to buy another one. That is literally the dumbest argument "you people" make, and yet its the first one I hear every time this gets brought up. Keep it up.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I agree that we should probably just magically cure all crazy people and make sure we don't get any more of them. Sounds a lot more straightforward than decreasing the amount or availability of handguns and assault weaponry.

For every 1 person in the United States .0044% are murdered annually. Of that amount .0031% are from firearms.

Europe is something like overall murders .0009%, from firearms .0002%

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
One's life doesn't strike me as particularly replaceable. You are welcome to go read up how many times invaders have just fucking killed the people in the house/car they are invading/jacking. Even when no resistence was offered.
I'll read that after I finish reading up on how all the wannabe commandos escalated situations and made them worse by using their guns. How about the concealed carry guy that tried to stop the dude from robbing a gas station but his aim was so meticulous he killed the clerk instead?

For every instance you have of some civilian with a gun saving someone/himself I'll find you three where a civilian owning/using a gun in a high pressure situation simply led to more death.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Certain types of guns were only made to kill people.
Yes handguns. Fortunately for the other part of your sentence we've got a right to bear arms, just like we have a right to free speech and freedom of religion. The Government doesn't get to restrict any of those rights (beyond some very, very circumscribed limits - such as no yelling "Fire" in a movie theatre).

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Right, because its in my best interest to pull a gun on somebody stealing my car. Listen Batman, if someone is jacking your shit - you give it to them and file a claim with your insurance company and move on. I make enough money to buy another one. That is literally the dumbest argument "you people" make, and yet its the first one I hear every time this gets brought up. Keep it up.
People go all John Wayne and save their household all the time against armed intruders, just think of all the times its happened to one of your neighbors! I'm sure we all personally know dozens of individuals who have lived out this gun advocate fantasy scenario.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
For every instance you have of some civilian with a gun saving someone/himself I'll find you three where a civilian owning/using a gun in a high pressure situation simply led to more death.
Are you those guys? I'd think you would have a higher opinon of yourself.

Yes because I say so.
Well you're retarded and nobody gives a shit what you think.

In 3 pages you've made no compelling or even entertaining argument for owning and purchasing a firearm. Not one.
That's not even remotely how the burden works here, retard. You're the one arguing for forcible government action in the lives of million of people who've never hurt anyone with a firearm on the basis that someone else might. You're going to have to do a lot better than pointing to some politically expedient tragedy and shouting (because, again, nobody gives a shit what you think).

I'm a republican, so its not political. Its common sense. If you spent the time you spend shooting cans behind your shed on making money, you'd see it my way.
I'd spend the time explaining how illogical this line of thinking is, but frankly I don't think you'd grasp what I was saying anyway. I'll cut to the chase: you're retarded.