Murders and Shootings

Anemone_sl

shitlord
I do think it should be easier for family to commit family. Right now in most state sif you think your brother/son/father/etc is nuts you can't get him involuntarily commited unless he's done something that shows his an immediate danger to himself/others (or wtf the language is).
Being committed is a bit extreme. It's like being punished for a crime you haven't committed.

Out patient therapy is a much better option.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
Yeah. I just think the biggest problem with our medicated, doped up society today is that there are PLENTY of people who would meet the qualifications to "be committed". I don't want to go back to a time when we burned "witches" at the stake, and that's exactly what's being implied by burning "crazies" at the stake too.

There are plenty of people who are mentally fucked up, but who truly wouldn't hurt a soul. It's a complicated matter. Just tossing money at it doesn't do much in my opinion.

Anemone_sl

shitlord
Yeah. I just think the biggest problem with our medicated, doped up society today is that there are PLENTY of people who would meet the qualifications to "be committed". I don't want to go back to a time when we burned "witches" at the stake, and that's exactly what's being implied by burning "crazies" at the stake too.

There are plenty of people who are mentally fucked up, but who truly wouldn't hurt a soul. It's a complicated matter. Just tossing money at it doesn't do much in my opinion.
This may seem a bit extreme too, but what if therapy became a requirement in the school systems? It could do a lot more good than just preventing one horrific incident like this. An hour of therapy once every two weeks for every kid in America? Crazy maybe, but it seems like a good idea.

Salshun_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_2726.jpg

Picture of supposed gunmen... confirmed.
Source? Not doubting, want to read more.

If hell exists, they are bringing out their all stars to get his room ready.

rrr_img_2726.jpg

rrr_img_2726.jpg

Orcus_sl

shitlord
Wife works at a large university, this sort of shit terrifies me. She just told me there is a female grad student in her department acting strangely. Crying randomly and talking about eating pig intestines. Her advisor is a useless fuck, doing nothing about it. She is compassionate and wants to help her, I told her to stay the fuck away and keep anonymously reporting her til something is done.

What the fuck is happening. I'm not even thinking clearly. I'm sick to my stomach.

I do think it should be easier for family to commit family. Right now in most state sif you think your brother/son/father/etc is nuts you can't get him involuntarily commited unless he's done something that shows his an immediate danger to himself/others (or wtf the language is).
you can thank rich fucks like the Kennedys for abusing that shit and ruining it for everyone else.

Numbers_sl

shitlord
I am not going to talk politics right now, but i will answer this question. There is not a loophole allowing ppl to buy guns at gun shows without background checks, any sale of a firearm by anyone that holds an FFL requires a form 4473. No exceptions. Sales between private individuals do not require paperwork, and there is a very small percentage of ppl at gun shows that bring private weapons to sell. Just like you can open the classified add in the sunday paper and buy from private individuals.
At the moment anyone ca go and legally buy a privately sold gun, often at gun shows, without the benefit of a waiting period or background check. This loophole is dangerous and you talked politics anyway.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
This may seem a bit extreme too, but what if therapy became a requirement in the school systems? It could do a lot more good than just preventing one horrific incident like this. An hour of therapy once every two weeks for every kid in America? Crazy maybe, but it seems like a good idea.
I think that would be a waste of time, but kids should certainly have easy access to it if needed. I guess my only point is that the solution to this kinda thing isn't just something simple like throwing money at the problem. I would figure by now we would all know that never works. See: War on Drugs

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor

When was the last time you actually offered up a solution to any problem, ever?

Anemone_sl

shitlord
Wife works at a large university, this sort of shit terrifies me. She just told me there is a female grad student in her department acting strangely. Crying randomly and talking about eating pig intestines. Her advisor is a useless fuck, doing nothing about it. She is compassionate and wants to help her, I told her to stay the fuck away and keep anonymously reporting her til something is done.

What the fuck is happening. I'm not even thinking clearly. I'm sick to my stomach.
Maybe your wife should just talk to her. It's strange we live in a place where you see someone crying, and you rush to report them anonymously instead of just initiating dialogue.

Yutnopash_sl

shitlord
Well theres the connection, the dude's mom was a kinder teacher at the school..and it looks like his father was killed in NJ then yeah.

Musab

Molten Core Raider
I agree that families should be able to commit other family members, given evidence of mental issues etc. Around here its almost impossible to get someone committed involuntarily, short of murder.

Some really sad and fucked up shit.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
When was the last time you actually offered up a solution to any problem, ever?
If I, or anyone else had a solution to this problem, we'd be famous. I was just implying that this is a complex problem. Are you saying it's simple?

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>

Okay, what ideas you got, Boots?

What are you gonna do? You can't put armed guards in schools. You can't turn the country into a police state. You can't remove the guns from the world.

So what do we do? Maybe help people work through the fucking bullshit in their head? Hey, worth a shot. Lets try it, see where it goes.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
So this fucktard offed a whole kindergarten class is what seems to be coming out. Hell is almost too kind of a punishment for something like this.