Murders and Shootings

Yutnopash_sl

shitlord
So it's looking like the guy killed his father in NJ then went to the school where his mom is a kinder teacher..so he focused on that particular classroom. I'm assuming his mom was teaching that class and he killed her along with the entire class which makes that one the "unaccounted for" class.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I agree that families should be able to commit other family members, given evidence of mental issues etc. Around here its almost impossible to get someone committed involuntarily, short of murder.

Some really sad and fucked up shit.
It's really hard, really really hard. My mother has attempted suicide about 5 times in the last 5 years. No matter what happens, as soon as she wakes up and says she feels better they release her home. My stepfather has tried countless times and spent a ton of money trying to get her committed somewhere.. they just won't do it, and I fear one day soon she'll wind up dead. And these are fairly serious attempts, on the last trip to the ER they told us she had a 5% chance of living.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
If we work to de-stigmatize therapy, and asking for help when you need it, this sort of thing could be an effective prevention measure. I don't really see how a person could argue that funding for more kids to get therapy is a bad thing.
Good luck, have you seen the names that people have called the recent shooters in this thread? If you have a mental illness in America you are ostracized and turned into a subhuman. This will be the next frontier of civil rights I am sure.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If I, or anyone else had a solution to this problem, we'd be famous. I was just implying that this is a complex problem. Are you saying it's simple?
Random thought for the day. Reinstitute the draft. This type of shooter is always seems to be draft age and doing nothing - maybe the army can figure out he's nuts or maybe army discipline will actually give this idiots the self-esteem they seem to be lacking and only get from killing helpless kids.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
If I, or anyone else had a solution to this problem, we'd be famous. I was just implying that this is a complex problem. Are you saying it's simple?
Wow you really are a dimwit. No one is saying that its a simple solution, but there are a lot of people saying that there are changes that can be made to the way our society conducts itself, you know...actually offering up solutions. But people like you have a "gut feeling" that those solutions won't work, despite numbers, statistics, and science to the contrary. Keep it up, both sides are bad right?

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Picture of him posted in 2007.
rrr_img_2735.jpg

If he was actually this age in 2007 there's no way he's 24.

rrr_img_2735.jpg

rrr_img_2735.jpg

FoxNews just eluded that this happened because people don't have faith in God anymore .... fucking attention whores trying to trump attention whores. Shit makes me rage enough without pundits being classless assholes.

cosmic_cs_sl

shitlord
Damnit I hate this thread. I don't even know where to begin... killing little kids? Is "why" even a valid question? It just seems beyond any thought or reason.

Anemone_sl

shitlord
It's really hard, really really hard. My mother has attempted suicide about 5 times in the last 5 years. No matter what happens, as soon as she wakes up and says she feels better they release her home. My stepfather has tried countless times and spent a ton of money trying to get her committed somewhere.. they just won't do it, and I fear one day soon she'll wind up dead. And these are fairly serious attempts, on the last trip to the ER they told us she had a 5% chance of living.
This is a really complicated issue. While institutionalized, you're basically imprisoned and it's a horrible experience that doesn't really help the bigger problem. You get an hour of therapy twice a week or so, which is the only helpful part, and the rest of the time you're miserable, cold and alone. And it's not like hospitals have the money to keep all the crazy people for months and months at a time :/

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your mother, but I feel that the institutionalizing methods are completely the wrong option in 85% of cases that end up there.

Good luck, have you seen the names that people have called the recent shooters in this thread? If you have a mental illness in America you are ostracized and turned into a subhuman. This will be the next frontier of civil rights I am sure.
I know. Us crazies are people, too!
frown.png

frown.png

frown.png

tad10

Elisha Dushku
If he was actually this age in 2007 there's no way he's 24.
Posting pictures and etc is part of the problem (not necessarily on this board but in the media generally) see the video Cor posted on page 3. Some dipshit 15 year old is watching all he media coverage right now and thinking: I could do better.

Cheap Cigar_sl

shitlord
Random thought for the day. Reinstitute the draft. This type of shooter is always seems to be draft age and doing nothing - maybe the army can figure out he's nuts or maybe army discipline will actually give this idiots the self-esteem they seem to be lacking and only get from killing helpless kids.
Thought my stepson was "nuts" tried to get help to no avail, he signs up for the Navy two weeks later they send him back with a note that basically said this fucker is nuts. So, yeah.

Sulrn

Deuces
Do not want. Limp dicks in the Military is exactly why Iraq went as badly as it did and why it's taken so long to find momentum in Afghanistan.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Posting pictures and etc is part of the problem (not necessarily on this board but in the media generally) see the video Cor posted on page 3. Some dipshit 15 year old is watching all he media coverage right now and thinking: I could do better.
I think that's the first thing you have ever posted that makes sense. But that's a problem with no solution, can't expect the media not to cover it and blow it up, that's their job. Whatever network takes a stand and decides to not go wall to wall coverage get's shit ratings and goes out of business. Sucks.

Anemone_sl

shitlord
Yes, but limiting information is a huge step in the wrong direction. It kind of pains me to say this, but the media shouldn't be blamed.

EDIT: They really shouldn't blow everything out of proportion like they do, though.