Must Have Android Apps

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Didn't see a thread for this subject.

Recently switched from iphone to S3, was wondering what some people thought were the must have Apps or even some App suggestions. I know I need a new messaging client to handle group messaging, I've been directed toGo SMS ProorHandcent. Any other must haves?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
EvernoteorCatchare good for note taking.
Jorte is a good calendar.
I useN7playerfor music.
FileExpertis a nice file broswer and FTP server.
AppsIntalleris you need to push any non market APKs
NovaLauncheris a good homescreen launcher.
SwiftKey3is a great keyboard.

fris

Vyemm Raider
can anyone suggest a good music / podcast app? most of the ones I've tried stream podcasts. most often when I want to listen to them though, I don't have a good data connection. my office building sucks, as does the gym. 2 places where i'd listen to something for a long time but the crappy download speeds i get there make streaming pandora or anything like that usually impossible.

i use JetAudio basic for playing music on the micro SD card in my evo 3d. but i rather not have to manage my music library and copy music back and forth. maybe some app to download/mass-buffer youtube playlists?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I useDoggcatcherfor podcasts. I have no complaints. It's a bit expensive as apps go, but money well spent IMO. I am a big podcast junkie and have been using this for like 3 years and have had no desire to replace it. It does have a function to make a queue but I have never used it so I can't comment on that.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I watch a lot of movies on Veetle, basically people set up channels and will stream movies and you just connect and watch em. Pretty simple really.

LiquidSmell_sl

shitlord
Team Viewer - allows you to see your computer's desktop from anywhere on your phone. I mostly use it to record my workout progress on a spreadsheet while I'm at the gym.
Plex - It's fu*king awesome. Stream everything to my phone from anywhere.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Guess I need to check that out. Plex is more along the lines of streaming your own collection to the device.
It's cool, many times you get channels with movies still in theaters and such. It's a neat service and since it's free it's even better.

Ichu

Molten Core Raider
Any suggestions for an app that will drop the volume below 1, preferably with some sort of sliding scale? I like to listen to podcasts before I fall asleep and even on the lowest default volume it's too loud. I'm not seeing anything immediately good on the free side.

ColourofSpace_sl

shitlord
Any suggestions for an app that will drop the volume below 1, preferably with some sort of sliding scale? I like to listen to podcasts before I fall asleep and even on the lowest default volume it's too loud. I'm not seeing anything immediately good on the free side.
If you're rooted and have a means to flash kernels, Franco's kernel can do this. I'd assume most other custom kernels do this as well.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I have been having fun playing Kingdom Rush Frontiers. It's a tower defense game that has been out on IOS for a while but just came out on Android. First time I have really wished I had a tablet.