Must Have Android Apps

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
for those using dogcatcher, i tried it and didn't find it performing as good as beyondpod for podcasts. while dogcatcher is new to me, i don't see a stream function in DC? i have to download and play, with beyondpod i have both options, either download or stream, streaming takes 2seconds and you can even jump around pretty well for a stream, why stream? why not? say you want to jump on the treadmill fast/now and you have to d/l a podcast, depending on your gyms wifi/or your 4/3/G could take a while.

i did find DC's search for podcast feature way better than beyondpod, i don't know how you guys add feeds, i just search for it by keyword, there's no way i'll remember or get the rss feed from the website.

also for reading news sites or anything with feeds, Pulse is great, and has a cool widget too.
I don't have data coverage 80% of the time so streaming isn't an option for me. It takes like 20 seconds to download an hour long podcast on 4G though. It's not really a problem to wait that long.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i've been on hotel wifi for 3weeks, 32megs takes 2minutes!(yes not horrible but can't start treadmill!)

Anyone have a personal recommendation for a PC remote app for android? I just recently hooked up an older TV in my bedroom as a second monitor for my PC, mostly so the woman could watch Netflix or use XBMC in bed. I'm looking for something that allows us to use the mouse, input text, and control the volume via our phones. Most of the apps in the app store have loads of comments about spyware with the server you install on PC. Any of you use something like this you would recommend?

Might be worth noting that it will mainly be used to control Netflix (via browser) and XBMC.

UPDATE: I have been using the Unified Remote app/server on my PC and it works wonderfully, in case anyone else is looking for something similar.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
I dusted off an old 10" android tablet and updated it, I have no idea about android but I want to use it as a background flickr slide show frame. Any ideas on a good app? I've searched but the apps I've found are mostly for uploading/downloading photos from flickr. It doesn't have to be flickr, just an app that displays/rotates cool images (flickr, picassa, wikimedia commons, whatever)

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I thought android had that built in? Mine has an option in the picture gallery.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I downloaded an app that required a second download of something else called "Adobe AIR" Wondering what it was I went read further into it.

While I still am unsure as to what it is, I highly suggest reading the reviews for it.