Must See Concerts Before You (or they) Die

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nester

Vyemm Raider
How was it?

It was amazing, I went to see the pixies but weezers show was simply levels above. Don’t get me wrong the pixies rocked, but it was pretty straightforward, and only 70 min. Weezer has 3 set changes 3 wardrobe and Rivers came into the crowd and sung island in the sun and a take on me cover from 20 feet away from out seats.

I bought the limited edition pixies poster and am getting it framed now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Slayer, too bad they are gone.

I saw them in mid 90s, outside show, in a pavilion. It was the best setting ever, dark cloudy skies rolling in and then they do Reign in Blood.

I would like to see Dave Matthews Band, but no way in hell am I paying $100-$200 for that shit, but its def on my bucket list to see.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
DMB puts on a pretty great show. Haven't seen them in like 10 years but that's because they never play in convenient areas for me.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
/Necro

I'm in Noodleface Noodleface 's neck of the woods to finally see Iron Maiden in a few hours. It's shameful that I've waited this long but they are come by anywhere near home.

• 1Solidarity

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Going to see The Cure in Pasadena with my buddy at the end of the month. I saw them for my first ever concert when I was 14.

I finger banged my first girlfriend at that show :emoji_cry:

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
That's nuts haha

We had really close seats because my friend "knows someone"

I couldn't make it

Goddamn. Well I'm out on the lawn now and my niece got the ticket for $50.

image-20190801_190139.jpgIMG_20190801_190000.jpg

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If it makes you feel better, driving home on 495 took me an extra hour because of it. Salt in the wound

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
If it makes you feel better, driving home on 495 took me an extra hour because of it. Salt in the wound

We're planning on hanging out in the parking lot for an hour before we even attempt to leave. Have a 3+ hour drive back home and I'm in no hurry.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's been quite a while since I've attempted a drive like that after a show. I'm too spoiled now living in a place where every band conveniently comes to my front door.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
It's been quite a while since I've attempted a drive like that after a show. I'm too spoiled now living in a place where every band conveniently comes to my front door.

Most shows I go to are less than an hour away. This is the first time in over a decade that I've driven this far for a concert.

Absolutely worth it. Kick ass show.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Most shows I go to are less than an hour away. This is the first time in over a decade that I've driven this far for a concert.

Xfinity Center is a great venue for stuff like this. Everyone can see, the sound is great, and in the lawn you can do whatever the hell you want.

Last time I went was to see Ozzy there last summer. We didn't leave the parking lot for like an hour and a half though, it was nuts.

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Xfinity Center is a great venue for stuff like this. Everyone can see, the sound is great, and in the lawn you can do whatever the hell you want.

Last time I went was to see Ozzy there last summer. We didn't leave the parking lot for like an hour and a half though, it was nuts.

Well, you can do anything on the lawn except bring a chair, but they'll happily rent you one! The place is a lot like the Saratoga Performing Arts Center, except SPAC has an upper deck and the lawn is huge (officially 20k capacity).

Overall I did like the place and plan on going back next year. We'll have to bring a grill and other tailgating supplies though.

blizzak

<Silver Donator>
Just got home from the Maiden show in Toronto. Took my son to his first concert and they knocked his socks off. After all these years they are still really high energy, would recommend.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Stosh

Bronze Knight of the Realm

It's 700 miles in every direction for me. Since I've been to Las Vegas and Seattle/Tacoma dozens of times, I'm making the drive to Calgary and going to make a mini vacation out of it. Maiden/Banff/Glacier National Park. Pretty psyched about the set list.

• 1Like

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I saw Nine Inch Nails in 99, only concert I have ever been to, and I will add my voice to the choir that says Trent Reznor is a live must-see.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users