My Bloody Valentine - New Album out today?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ha! Found out it's entitled MBV.

For once, Kevin Shields kept his promise: After 21 long years, My Bloody Valentine have released the followup to 1991's Loveless. Titled MBV and spanning nine tracks, the album is available for purchase through the band's website in three formats: digital download, CD, and limited-edition 180 gram vinyl.

The digital version of the album is available in three file types, including 16bit WAV, 24bit WAV, and 320kbps MP3. The price of the digital download is the same regardless of the file quality and size.

The vinyl has been recorded, mixed, and mastered in analogue, and comes housed in a gatefold sleeve.

The vinyl and CD arwork is currently being finished and each format will have slightly different but similar artwork to the digital artwork (which is pictured above).

Sheilds said of the album (via NME), "I think with this record, people who like us will immediately connect with something. Based on the very, very few people who've heard stuff - some engineers, the band, and that's about it - some people think it's stranger than Loveless. I don't. I feel like it really frees us up, and in the bigger picture it's 100 per cent necessary."

Shields also has plans for an EP of new material, which will follow the album's release.

In support of both releases, the band has tour dates scheduled in Japan, Australia, and their native UK. Check out the full docket below.

MBV Tracklist:
01. she found now
02. only tomorrow
03. who sees you
04. is this and yes
05. if i am
06. new you
07. in another way
08. nothing is
09. wonder 2

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Didn't even know about this until it popped up on facebook. Plesant suprise.

The QQ about the website being down is hilarious. I mean, for fucks sake it's been 22 years, a couple hours can't possibly matter.

Loveless is one of the few albums I have listened to consistatnly for the last 20 years. Not sure if that is a new song, but it's an old ass picture. ^

Edit: Noob question, but is 24bit .wav or 320kbps .mp3 the higher quality format?

Edit edit: Website is back up.http://www.mybloodyvalentine.org/

Simas_sl

shitlord
Website up and working for me. Vinyl only comes in a package with the CD and the digital DL. It costs ~ $30.00 and then shipping was another $11. Pricey but what can ya do?

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Got the mp3 version. If someone wants to get the wav format I would be more then happy to put up the files on my server.

Fuse

Silver Knight of the Realm
Undecided still. Going to take a few listens.

Definetly sounds like My Bloody Valentine.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Just finished my first listen. The only track that wasn't working for me was New You (6th one). Initial highlights include about 1:45 into If I Am (5th song), and Wonder 2 (9th song). The 9th song almost reminds me of Burial. Drums a couple tracks earlier gave me a Parts and Labor circa Mapmaker vibe.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've been sick so I put it on and got in bed and was loving every second of it up until I passed out from a drug induced coma. Good times

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think "wonder2" is the only one not doing much for me until the very end of it. luckily it's the last track

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think "wonder2" is the only one not doing much for me until the very end of it. luckily it's the last track
Yeah the last few noise tracks aren't doing much for me at all. Some people seem to love them but it lacks that mbv sound. Everything after new you sounded like discarded studio experiments. Oh well there is always the upcoming ep to make up for the last few songs on the album.

Simas_sl

shitlord
An AV club critic pointed out that the album works as three suites (note it's titled "m b v", with the spaces). It's grown on me even more since last night and I like each one, but the second suite is prob my least favorite. The last one is def my favorite though. I go back and forth between liking track 7 and track 9 more. I feel like it manages to keep the MBV sound and take it in a new direction. I wasn't aware last night but Shields had given an interview where he said some of the new material was inspired by drum n bass and jungle. That's def the last suite.

It's early in the year but I won't be surprised to find this on year-end lists. And it's yet another release pushing me to buy better headphones. One day.