My Bloody Valentine - New Album out today?

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
"new you" is so god damn good. Simas, you're on something

Then again I'm a huge fan of "Air" and it reminds me of an Air song if performed by MBV

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider

Then again I'm a huge fan of "Air" and it reminds me of an Air song if performed by MBV
It's my favorite song on the album. Reminds me of glider era MBV where they were experimenting more with dance rhythms. The drums have a very early 90's madchester/primal scream vibe to them.

Funny you mention Air, because I always thought their female vocalist always sounded like Belinda Butcher. I remember the first time I heard Surfing on Rocket and was convinced it was Belinda.

Simas_sl

shitlord

New You has grown on me but it's still low on my list. It sounds almost like radio rock and it's just too happy for me. On the other hand, In another way and Wonder 2 blow my mind. I love the whole album though. I think its better than anybody really could have expected.

I forget where I read it, but someone mentioned that Loveless really sounds like its cover and m b v does too. I agree with that.

ham

Lord Nagafen Raider
ha that's a good point about the cover. Love the album, I'd be shocked if it didn't end up in the top 5 of the year

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
For me it has. I stick to the first half of the album. I could never really get into the second half at all. I just don't think it is very MBVish.