My new Dating Pool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
J49 you should buy some fentanyl and set your whores up with that. They will love you way more than their regular heroin dealers.
Terrible advice: fentanyl is super easy to OD on, lasts like an hour so it's impossible to sleep because you wake up dopesick every 2 hours, and the high itself sucks balls (or more accurately, doesn't really exist - you get sedation, painkilling, itchiness etc. but there's no psychological euphoria, which makes it even easier to OD on because people redose trying to get the feeling they'd get from H or oxy, but it just isn't there).

If you want to make a junky chick keep coming back to you (why the fuck you would I don't know), get a regular supply of hydromorphone. It has the same problem with duration as fentanyl (although there are XR versions which you can take for 18 hours of feeling like God is a chick and she's giving your brain a blowjob), but nobody cares because it makes heroin feel like that shitty weed you got from your friend's sketchy older brother when you were 15.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
About the HIV transmission rate between poor countries and rich countries, isn't it simply a factor of access and quality of medical care? I suspect that getting diagnosed early and undergoing a tri-therapy that reduce the viral load to trace amount seriously lowers transmission risk.

That being said, HIV is, by far, not the only STD, so it's still a strange gamble to have unprotected sex with prostitutes.
Uhh Hep C will kill you just as fast as aids if not faster.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Africa HIV AIDS Statistics | AVERT
Clearly they're all anal aficionados. Or the HIV risk is not negligible. Especially not when your immune system is suppressed from body malnutrition etc.
Fuck science, I can just scream "AFRICA!!!"

I haven't been paying attention to this thread for a while, but I saw J talk about HIV lectures in another thread. So what has happened in the past few months? Has the wife found out? Divorced you? What other STDs have you got, apart from HIV? Any drama I really need to catch up on?
he said he had a negative HIV test and everything else has been going perfectly well just the same. Unbreakable.

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Everyone with any kind of decent sexual history has contracted HPV at least once or twice. It's not like HIV though, most times your body can get rid of it all on its own. It's rarely permanent.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Everyone with any kind of decent sexual history has contracted HPV at least once or twice. It's not like HIV though, most times your body can get rid of it all on its own. It's rarely permanent.
He probably has one of the four bad ones! =/

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Fuck science, I can just scream "AFRICA!!!"
The world is larger than the states. Werent you German? Neither fixed number sets are absolute, both are science based. Do you think J49s hookers are more or less likely to transmit based on their 'excellent' health? Do you understand anything about T-cells, IFN-a or HIV? Just curious.

AngryGerbil

Poet Warrior
<Donor>
Terrible advice: fentanyl is super easy to OD on, lasts like an hour so it's impossible to sleep because you wake up dopesick every 2 hours, and the high itself sucks balls (or more accurately, doesn't really exist - you get sedation, painkilling, itchiness etc. but there's no psychological euphoria, which makes it even easier to OD on because people redose trying to get the feeling they'd get from H or oxy, but it just isn't there).

If you want to make a junky chick keep coming back to you (why the fuck you would I don't know), get a regular supply of hydromorphone. It has the same problem with duration as fentanyl (although there are XR versions which you can take for 18 hours of feeling like God is a chick and she's giving your brain a blowjob), but nobody cares because it makes heroin feel like that shitty weed you got from your friend's sketchy older brother when you were 15.
I would love to know how you know this, because you are absolutely right.

Fentanyl is, IMO, almost the perfect analgesic for EMS. It acts fast which is great in an emergency, but it also doesn't last that long (20-40 mins or so), which is good for a philosophical reason.

When I started, they said, "Don't give pain meds to abdominal pain people. When the doctor pushes on and palpates their stomach in the ED in order to asses pain, the drug will mask the true pain and throw the doctor off the scent of what's really going on inside. And of course it is implied that he would then come to the wrong diagnosis and give the wrong treatment.

But that philosophy assumed morphine was the analgesic. Which comes on slow and stays around a while. It doesn't account for the fact that chemists have since moved on from that starting point.

So, I have been taught that Fentanyl changes the game. That it is a drug we can give in the field and not even have to bother worrying about the 'masked pain' dilemma.

To hear that it works the way that you describe, to the street abuser, is actually really interesting. It kinda makes sense to me that it would be that way.

Same with the dilaudid you describe.

A thing I have noticed, 10 years now on the ambulance, is that people are really fond of being allergic to everything but dilaudid.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I would love to know how you know this, because you are absolutely right.

Fentanyl is, IMO, almost the perfect analgesic for EMS. It acts fast which is great in an emergency, but it also doesn't last that long (20-40 mins or so), which is good for a philosophical reason.

When I started, they said, "Don't give pain meds to abdominal pain people. When the doctor pushes on and palpates their stomach in the ED in order to asses pain, the drug will mask the true pain and throw the doctor off the scent of what's really going on inside. And of course it is implied that he would then come to the wrong diagnosis and give the wrong treatment.

But that philosophy assumed morphine was the analgesic. Which comes on slow and stays around a while. It doesn't account for the fact that chemists have since moved on from that starting point.

So, I have been taught that Fentanyl changes the game. That it is a drug we can give in the field and not even have to bother worrying about the 'masked pain' dilemma.

To hear that it works the way that you describe, to the street abuser, is actually really interesting. It kinda makes sense to me that it would be that way.

Same with the dilaudid you describe.

A thing I have noticed, 10 years now on the ambulance, is that people are really fond of being allergic to everything but dilaudid.
I spent a few years addicted to opiates (back pain, OTC codeine pills, tolerance, started extracting higher doses then went onto stronger pills, blah blah blah the usual story) a while back. Even before that I was really into the harm reduction thing because of the time I spent in the club/rave scene in my late teens/early 20's, combined with a natural curiosity/obsessiveness about all these chemicals which made me feel so great (and more generally in neurobiology, and altered states of consciousness - which I mostly achieve with meditation these days), and I ended up doing a lot of reading and research, spent a ton of time on forums like bluelight, etc. Throw in the 8 years or so of personal experience and that's it. I'm just a drug geek.

But yeah, Fentanyl is the go-to for EMT's this side of the Pacific as well - there was a big media fuss a few years back about ambulance operators who'd experiment with the leftovers, start stealing it and allegedly replacing it with water, etc, although I don't think it was actually that wide-spread a problem, just the media looking for something to scare people with. I certainly never met anyone who'd been involved in any of that, all the fentanyl I ever saw was patches, imported powder and once some taken from a hospital drip.

I lolled at the "allergic to anything but Dilaudid" thing because you're 100% right, it's total BS. Hydromorphone is rare enough here in Aus that most addicts don't even know what it is unless they've seen Drugstore Cowboy, although it's become a bit more common since they released the high dose XR pills I mentioned - in my 5 years of active opiate use, I only came across a source once, and that was obviously from someone who had knocked over a pharmacy or supply truck or somesuch (it was a huge stash of the 32/64mg Jurnista XR pills and vials I don't remember the dose of - given the vials, probably a supply truck, since I think any major hospital robberies would have hit the media). But yeah, online on the less reputable drug sites I see a lot of US addicts talk about the best way to get the best opiates, and most of the discussion is focused around getting hydromorphone.

As someone who's extremely oversensitive to the histaminergic side effects of opiates (to the point where I had to take an antihistamine every time I got high or I'd spend the next few hours throwing up and, in the case of morphine/codeine, breaking out in painful hives), I can tell you that in my personal experience, neither is more histaminergic than the other by a noticeable degree. In fact aforementioned morphine/codeine are the only opiates which stand out as producing allergic side effects stronger than the rest of the opiates - again, just in my personal experience (although I never did try oxymorphone or tramadol).

That said, and maybe this is just the junky in me, but anyone who specifically requests dilaudid is almost certainly an active user/probable addict anyway, and if they're in a situation where they're being dosed by EMT's then I'd think they're in very obvious pain and probably in a generally shitty situation, so I don't see the harm in just cutting them some slack and giving them the drug that makes them feel nicer for the ride to the hospital. But that's just me.

Xevy

Log Wizard
You guys should try Carfentanil. I'm sure it's strong enough for even though most tolerant of users.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Have you ever had naloxone kill the buzz, Az? That shit works fast, haha. Local druggies here get angry when their high is ended prematurely.

Status
Not open for further replies.