Napoleon (2023)

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
1.75 star(s) Rating: 1.75/5 4 Votes
Title: Napoleon (2023)

Genre: Drama, History

Director: Ridley Scott

Cast: Joaquin Phoenix, Vanessa Kirby, Tahar Rahim, John Hollingworth, Youssef Kerkour, Davide Tucci, Edouard Philipponnat, Ludivine Sagnier, Matthew Needham, Erin Ainsworth, Thom Ashley, Anna Mawn, Gavin Spokes, Jonathan Barnwell, Hannah Flynn, Phil Cornwell, Cormac Hyde-Corrin, Cesare Taurasi, Arthur McBain, David Verrey, Jean-Pascal Heynemand, Ed Hughes, Paul Riddell, Thea Achillea, Loris Monet, Tim Faulkner, Riana Duce, Paul O'Kelly, Ed Eales White, Clyde Vassallo, Sean Vassallo, Sophie Lund, Saulius Cajauskas, Alexis Bennett, Jacob Marshfield

Release: 2023-04-14

Runtime: 150

Plot: An original and personal look at Napoleon’s origins and his swift, ruthless climb to emperor, viewed through the prism of his addictive and often volatile relationship with his one true love, Josephine

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
joaquin phoenix staring as napoleon in a biopic......

yup i'm in

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Very much looking forward to this. Surprising how prolific Ridley has been lately. The Last Duel and House of Gucci both were released not even 2 years ago.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Very much looking forward to this. Surprising how prolific Ridley has been lately. The Last Duel and House of Gucci both were released not even 2 years ago.

Tell me genius, what happened in 2020?

Edit* providing the answer now because some people cannot accept when they've made an obviously dumb or incorrect statement:

"Filming took place in France and Ireland from February to October 2020, with a hiatus of several months due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

"filming began in Italy, lasting from February through May 2021"

If it wasn't for Covid then filming on The Last Duel would have wrapped sooner and Ridley would have had a longer break before starting on Gucci. And that's without factoring in how much Covid fucked release dates. Look at how held back Top Gun was so that it could be shown in cinemas

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Tell me genius, what happened in 2020?

Edit* providing the answer now because some people cannot accept when they've made an obviously dumb or incorrect statement:

"Filming took place in France and Ireland from February to October 2020, with a hiatus of several months due to the COVID-19 pandemic."

"filming began in Italy, lasting from February through May 2021"

If it wasn't for Covid then filming on The Last Duel would have wrapped sooner and Ridley would have had a longer break before starting on Gucci. And that's without factoring in how much Covid fucked release dates. Look at how held back Top Gun was so that it could be shown in cinemas

So he would have released 2 major films in 3 years instead 2.

Thanks for proving me right "genius"

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So he would have released 2 major films in 3 years instead 2.

Thanks for proving me right "genius"

If you actually look back at his career, he's a pretty consistent Director with an annual release most years. Ergo, he is not any more prolific post Covid than he was pre-Covid.

The only thing more predictable than an annual Ridley Scott directed movie is your pathetic attempts to save face

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
If you actually look back at his career, he's a pretty consistent Director with an annual release most years. Ergo, he is not any more prolific post Covid than he was pre-Covid.

The only thing more predictable than an annual Ridley Scott directed movie is your pathetic attempts to save face
If you're not releasing every year, then its not an annual release.

"annual release most years" is a contradiction in terms.

Keep trying to save that face though

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The original statement was surprise that he was more prolific lately. I think it's accurate to say he's always been pretty prolific, not just lately.

• 1Solidarity

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
what an autistic thing to pick a fight about...
first time GIF

• 8Worf
  • 3Like
Reactions: 10 users

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
The last 15 years of Scott hasn't been his best work, but he hasn't fallen off so far that I've written him off yet.

I hope he can pull it off

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
I came here expecting a sequel or reboot to Napoleon Dynamite and I was disappointed.

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think Phoenix is a perfect fit, but them not using French baguette accents takes me out of this.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Is that scene from the trailer with Napoleon ambusing people on ice with cannons a real battle that happened?

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database