Napoleon (2023)

Singh'sSpot

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think in the trailer they're including the battle of Waterloo as the last fight scene.

I fear this movie might end up like Gods And Generals where they're rushing one scene to the next.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I do recall reading a biography years ago that mentions him using artillery on an army on a frozen lake, I just don't remember if it was a planned trap, good luck/timing, or the enemy was retreating. I want to go with the army was retreating and the frozen lake was the quickest route, except they happened to be in arty range.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is that scene from the trailer with Napoleon ambusing people on ice with cannons a real battle that happened?
They are probably changing around the events at the Battle of Austerlitz (Russian retreat becomes the opening of the battle(?) in the movie):

Last paragraph (Allied army is the Russians and Austrians):
2023-07-10 17.00.07 en.wikipedia.org c126ba0626b4.png

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
Is that scene from the trailer with Napoleon ambusing people on ice with cannons a real battle that happened?

Via the trailer they showed six battles:

Toulon, Battle of the Pyramids, Austerlitz (frozen ponds), Borodino (depending on the historian the end of Napoleon in Russia), Leipzig and Waterloo

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Years ago, maybe 16-17 now, I read this book. Unfortunately I remember almost none of it. At the time it was just a whole bunch of good information but I remember it being very dry. Especially for 1200 pages. It is on a shelf somewhere at home. May be worth revisiting again. Almost positive it was recommended on this forum which is how I bought it.

• 1Like

Burns

If anyone wants to know what happened after Napoleon's main defeat (before his first exile). This might be in the movie, but I doubt it will cover much of it, since they already have almost 25 years of very eventful history to cover, in a single movie. Everything about the Russian Tsar is hilarious:

Last edited:

Burns

Remember when the History channel would actually show history programs (and re-show them before historically based moves were release)? Pentridge Farm remembers.

Here is one such program from the 90s, if you want some knowledge of his first years of taking power, to see how accurate the movie is (if they even go into much of this stuff):

• 1Like

Burns

Longer video of what I posted in the Video thread, but could only find it on shitty Facebook. In addition to talking about the grape shot, he shows canister shot, and how to make a lead musket balls as would have been used in the Napoleonic wars:

This guy is part of the Chalke Valley History Festival (which I had not heard of til today)

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
i look forward to learning about history and the time napoleon beat the decepticons