Napoleon (2023)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
They really did need to go with a tighter time frame for the story. As it is, the movie is covering so much time that it can't really focus in and tell something that feels like coherent story. Instead, it feels more like a anthology of Napoleon stories alternating between battle > being weird with Josephine > battle > being weird with Josephine > etc. Battles were still good, and I don't regret seeing the movie, but an award-winning narrative it isn't.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
this is out on torrents now.

I fell asleep near the beginning and all I remember is boring scenes with his wife. By time I woke up it was no longer holding my interest. Randin Randin description above is a good summary of how it felt

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They really did need to go with a tighter time frame for the story. As it is, the movie is covering so much time that it can't really focus in and tell something that feels like coherent story. Instead, it feels more like a anthology of Napoleon stories alternating between battle > being weird with Josephine > battle > being weird with Josephine > etc. Battles were still good, and I don't regret seeing the movie, but an award-winning narrative it isn't.
Dude we just wanna see Frenchmen in funny hats and people's faces get knocked off by cannonballs.

Caliane

heres a review/essay for those that enjoy such things.
He's very aggressively hating on it, for historical inaccuracies, and being a hate-fic. inventing all kinds of nonsense seemingly to discredit and character assassinate Napoleon for some reason. the cuckery, manchild, etc all made up. Age is non-sense.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
This was not good. Made Napoleon look like a normal dude and even disheveled loser at times, which is bizarre considering he's one of the great conquerors in history.

• 1Like

Juvarisx

Florida
It just moved too fast, each important event was so compressed that it just felt like a ton of mini vignette's then a cohesive film. This wouldn't even be fixed by a directors cut like Kingdom of Heaven was its just too much material for a non documentary film.

• 1Like