NBA 2013?14 Season

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Hahahaha. Doc crying on national TV about replay. Like he doesn't know the NBA is going to call it however they want.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
He is right though. If you're not going to use the replay and make the right call why even have replay at all? He is right, the entire series outcome might hinge on that call.

LiquidDeath

The call was right, though. They didn't call an obvious foul so they made up for it by giving the Thunder the ball. Like I said, they are going to call it how they want it.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Ya when he's pissed it's usually for a good reason. That call was fucking horrible and should have gone to the Clippers. Clips still did shitty for the last 3 minutes or so but the ball should have been theirs.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
The call was right, though. They didn't call an obvious foul so they made up for it by giving the Thunder the ball. Like I said, they are going to call it how they want it.
You can't fucking do that you idiot. You can't review fouls. That isn't the intent of the system. Fouls are not reviewable. The replay was to be used to determine who it went out of bounds on, which was Reggie Jackson. The fact that the refs instead used replay to make up for a missed call and award the Thunder the ball is what Doc is pissed about. If the refs aren't going to use replay as instructed, get rid of it entirely.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Paul clearly hit Westbrick on the arm, same way he hit Curry on the arm in game 3. Curry gets no call and it probably changes the outcome of that series. Westbrick gets the call.

The out of bounds play is a non issue to me. Its strange how the refs called it, but it's ridiculous that Doc Rivers is up there whining about the call while admitting it's probably a foul lol. Like he's entitled by that major flaw in the replay system.

Paul trying to draw 3 free throws with 15 seconds left lost them the game more than anything. Best ballhandler in the game with a two point lead. He was guaranteed to be on the line with a chance to go up 4. Major, major, error in judgement.

LiquidDeath

You can't fucking do that you idiot. You can't review fouls. That isn't the intent of the system. Fouls are not reviewable. The replay was to be used to determine who it went out of bounds on, which was Reggie Jackson. The fact that the refs instead used replay to make up for a missed call and award the Thunder the ball is what Doc is pissed about. If the refs aren't going to use replay as instructed, get rid of it entirely.
You goddamn idiot, I didn't say they can review fouls. I said they are going to call it how they wanted to and they obviously gave the Thunder the ball since they didn't call the obvious foul. I can't use simpler language to get it through your thick fucking skull. If the situation were reversed, Doc wouldn't have said a single fucking word because he doesn't give a shit about replay he just wants to win. He knows the system, he knows why it happened, and he is just being a goddamn crybaby about it all because this time it didn't help him out. That call isn't the reason they lost the game, but it was one of them.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
That call is the main reason they lost the game. The reffing was bullshit the entire game though. Westbrook/KD shot more FTs than the Clippers entire team lol. It's just bullshit. The NBA is bullshit.

If CP3 really fouled Westbrick on the 3 then you have to call the reach in on CP3 at the end. Calls should go both ways. The refs bailed out the Thunder multiple times with under a minute to go and then don't give CP3 the call at the end.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
It was obviously a foul. They blew the call. Then they made a make-up call like we were just talking about in this thread a few days ago. Yes, it's horrible...the officials need to work on getting the calls right on the spot rather than worrying about managing the game. It's one of my biggest peeves about the NBA, but the Thunder deserved to be on the free-throw line in the first place. I'd be pissed if I was a Clippers fan, rightfully. If the call had went the other way and the Thunder had lost, their fans would rightfully be pissed, too.

Bottom line is we need refs that can get the call right on the spot and not resort to managing the game with make-up calls.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bottom line is we need refs that can get the call right on the spot and not resort to managing the game with make-up calls.
Refs are bad but that also isn't fair. The game is played way too fast, even the best refs are going to fuck shit up. At least they got the result kinda right. Clippers ball would have been way more injustice than what they did.

Szlia

I missed all the fun
frown.png

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Rule 8 Section II - c of the NBA rulebook states:

If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain possession.
So the refs got the call right. A lot of angst for nothing.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Gaige, I'm going to talk to you like you are a smart human being for one post so don't make me regret it.

We have been talking about reffing in the NBA for this entire thread. We want them to be consistent; if it is at one end it is a foul at the other end. Similarly, if it is a foul at 11:49 left in the 1st quarter than it is a foul with .01 seconds left in the 4th. To say that this is the only example in the series is being dishonest; in game 4 they let the Thunder and Clips play physically for the first half, started calling questionably in 3rd quarter, and then allowed Chris Paul to mug KD for the last 8 minutes of the game with no call. After the game was over Liquid called me and do you know what we bitched about? The Thunder giving up a 22 point lead over 3 quarters and a double digit lead in the 4th. Then we bitched about the Thunder's offensive sets. Do you see how many times we bitched about the refs? ZERO, because the Thunder shouldn't have allowed themselves to be in that position to begin with. When you come into this thread and start bitching about the refs single-handedly blowing the entire game for the Clips, you discount all of the players actions and the plays leading up to it.

This is why I hate trying to discuss anything with you. Lebron has a bad game? REMEMBER THOSE THREE CALLS IN 48 MINUTES THAT WENT AGAINST HIM? REFS FUCKING SUCK! Let's not talk about his lack of focus and poor shot selection. It is not always the refs, and even when it is the refs the players have to play by their rules and they know it. KD and Westbrook had more FTA's then the Clips mainly because Russ was relentless at going to the hoop because he understood how the game was being called. Was the Reggie Jackson OOB call blown? Maybe, but guess what? It capped off a Thunder run that the Clips shouldn't have let happen to begin with. Was Westbrook fouled on the 3? Maybe not, but that was FIFTIETH foul on a 3 in the playoffs and when it was happening the Thunder/Grizz series the commentators were saying that the refs had made it a point to start calling more fouls on 3 pointers when the defender jumped in the shooters space.

tldr; Discuss basketball intelligently and we will treat you intelligently; continue to act like a goddamn bitch and we will treat you like a goddamn bitch. Oh, and Thunder are up 3-2 no matter what you say.