NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Saw this scroll by on ESPN last night.

Through the All-Star Break in the 1984-85 season, Larry Bird led the league in three point percentage, making 48.3 percent of the shots he took. In 50 games, he took 60 total shots behind the arc. Steph Curry, in 50 games this year, is shooting 45.3 percent from three. He has taken 540 three pointers.
Holy. Shit.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
I'd say yes. Those two dunks by Gordon were crazy. Then of course LeVine between the legs from the free throw line. Both were great...those two dunks by Gordon though, damn.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Those two dunks that Gordon had were, sensational. Lavine had some crazy shit as well. What a show. Definitely the most excitement since the Vince contest. Jesus, I may need to have a mixed child, how do those two guys jump like that....

thefaceless

Golden Squire
That dunk contest was insane. Glad I kept watching, as they're often pretty boring. Both Gordon and Lavine had some amazing dunks. The first dunk by Lavine had my jaw dropping, and then Gordon wow... They just kept going back and forth.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Gordon was robbed...if Lavine's dunks were 50s, then Gordon's were 55s.
The contest was probably better than 2000 because it was two guys going head-to-head, but Carter's performance that year is still the best of all-time. Gordon's "sitting" dunk is up there with one of the best ever, though.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
This should officially end any talk of Popavich being a great coach. Complete lack of fundamentals, ZERO defense. I can't even watch this shit

Zzen

Potato del Grande
lol 196-173, just stop this shit already.

Also, can Kobe please just go away now?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Gordon was robbed...if Lavine's dunks were 50s, then Gordon's were 55s.
The contest was probably better than 2000 because it was two guys going head-to-head, but Carter's performance that year is still the best of all-time. Gordon's "sitting" dunk is up there with one of the best ever, though.
That sitting under the legs dunk was the highlight of the night for sure and one of the best dunks ever for the contest, but I think you have to change the format to end up with a different result. Everything Zach did after this was stellar it just wasn't as great as that one moment.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Having 6 judges is good start in how to judge the contest, but they need to grade the dunks on a 0-100 scale, and then average out the judges grades to get the score.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
That sitting under the legs dunk was the highlight of the night for sure and one of the best dunks ever for the contest, but I think you have to change the format to end up with a different result. Everything Zach did after this was stellar it just wasn't as great as that one moment.
You don't need to change the format...you just need the judges to stop giving everything a 10. I thought Lavine had a great performance, but they shouldn't have all been 50s. I'd be okay with a 0-100 scale (or introduce a decimal system like the Olympics), but I feel like we'd just end up in the same situation. Maybe let them each do 3 dunks, then the judges vote for a winner? I don't know...in the end, this isn't some huge important thing, but we saw how Shaq got boo'd for giving those early dunks 9s. A 10(0) should be Vince's 360 windmill. No dunk should get a perfect score unless it hits that mark, but none of these judges want to be boo'd so we end up with everything being 50s.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
You don't need to change the format...you just need the judges to stop giving everything a 10. I thought Lavine had a great performance, but they shouldn't have all been 50s. I'd be okay with a 0-100 scale (or introduce a decimal system like the Olympics), but I feel like we'd just end up in the same situation. Maybe let them each do 3 dunks, then the judges vote for a winner? I don't know...in the end, this isn't some huge important thing, but we saw how Shaq got boo'd for giving those early dunks 9s. A 10(0) should be Vince's 360 windmill. No dunk should get a perfect score unless it hits that mark, but none of these judges want to be boo'd so we end up with everything being 50s.
What if Lavine's foot on the free throw line, behind the back dunk came first? Is it a 50 then? You can't judge just in the context on the dunks of the night. Everything those two did on Saturday was impressive.

Anyway, i'm taking it bros. Back to back Slam Dunk champs in the house. Suck it. It's the only thing i can be excited about until our next lottery pick.