NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Still don't really understand the perspective that Curry has disappeared in the playoffs the last two years, but whatever. Strong take, friend.

Can't wait for Lebron's quadruple double tonight!
He's going to put on a masterful performance! Get out your wooden spoon! Wait.. Wrong thread..

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I still don't see how anyone has Cleveland as the favorite tonight. Cleveland can win, but all conventional and logical analysis puts themail Warriors as significant favorites.

I just hope it's competitive.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have popsicle on ignore but since someone quoted him...

LeBron James is entirely capable of putting up a quad dub. I said that would be the zenith of his ability. Obviously its very unlikely, a triple double much more reasonable.

I wouldnt be shocked if LeBron put up 46 pts 15 reb 10 assists and 6 steals/blocks tonight.

Zach Lowe thinks the Cavs should win, so its not ridiculous to think they can do it. LeBron is obviously more of an x factor than Curry is at this point. Curry could end up having a ho hum game, no chance LeBron does.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I have popsicle on ignore but since someone quoted him...
Since I don't have you on ignore and don't need an 'ignore' button on an internet forum to create a safe space so my feelings don't get hurt when people say I'm a moron.... you're a fucking moron. The only thing worse than the bandwagon Lebron nutswingers are sad pieces of shit like you that drop into whatever thread is currently in the news so you can post a bunch of incoherent non-sequiturs you heard other people say hoping we won't realize you're a fucking moron.

It wasn't that long ago you were lamenting that Lebron would probably lose this series.... now you're declaring him the favorite. Hey, whatever the newest talking point is you want to shit out. I mean, if you say enough random shit often enough eventually someone will agree with you and you'll finally feel like you've made some real friends!

And Lebron hasn't really ever come close to a fucking quad double you dumb fuck.

My prediction: Lebron has a huge statistical game, but the Warriors still win, and the seething masses as retarded as Jozu will think that means he deserves the win and MVP because stats and fantasy sports are more important than the actual TEAM that wins a team game.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
This series is boring as fuck. I don't like either team, but is there really anyone more hateable in the history of the NBA than lebron? I got the time to watch this bullshit, and I'm not even sure I'll be able to sit through the recap, yet alone the last quarter.

Anyways, I predict the warriors stomp the cleaveland lebrons now that the NBA will let the game be more fair and take off the huge cap they've had on the warriors to force 7 games.

zubdub_sl

shitlord
I love how stating that Curry is terrific and the MVP and "all that" is used to set up a 'but' that criticizes Curry for helping build a system, organization and team... but that doesn't mater, it's all just brushed aside for a chance to praise Lebron for what has been a constant rejection of anything system, organization and team oriented in favor of his own personal brand, stats, marketing, legacy, etc.
Literally none of that is true, at all. How did you reach this level of delusion? Are you smoking that ooo-wee?

Lebron James IS the best passer in the league--people want to overlook that because they want to put him in a box and be able to say "oh, he's only great in x, y, and z, way, but suffers over here" WRONG, in fact Lebron literally gets criticized for deferring too often, and you're sitting here acting like he's a selfish player that only cares about his brand? Give me a break, the dude takes pay cuts, went back to his home team when he really didn't have to, and just because he has the ability to single-handedly carry whatever franchise he is on to the Finals for over half a decade, you think it's because he's rejecting a team-oriented system? Last Finals HE WAS THE TEAM. They didn't have their second and third best guys. Seriously, what the fuck are you on?

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
This series is boring as fuck. I don't like either team, but is there really anyone more hateable in the history of the NBA than lebron? I got the time to watch this bullshit, and I'm not even sure I'll be able to sit through the recap, yet alone the last quarter.

Anyways, I predict the warriors stomp the cleaveland lebrons now that the NBA will let the game be more fair and take off the huge cap they've had on the warriors to force 7 games.
How the hell do you like Basketball and hate Lebron? He has the most complete game since Oscar and unlike most superstars he actually gets his teammates incolved.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Literally none of that is true, at all. How did you reach this level of delusion? Are you smoking that ooo-wee?

Lebron James IS the best passer in the league--people want to overlook that because they want to put him in a box and be able to say "oh, he's only great in x, y, and z, way, but suffers over here" WRONG, in fact Lebron literally gets criticized for deferring too often, and you're sitting here acting like he's a selfish player that only cares about his brand? Give me a break, the dude takes pay cuts, went back to his home team when he really didn't have to, and just because he has the ability to single-handedly carry whatever franchise he is on to the Finals for over half a decade, you think it's because he's rejecting a team-oriented system? Last Finals HE WAS THE TEAM. They didn't have their second and third best guys. Seriously, what the fuck are you on?
Not sure why you took my quote that was specifically responding to one posters convoluted perspective and decided a canned response from the LeBron Inc marketing packet was in order, but thanks for sharing. Remember that time you saw LeBron cock on national TV? Yeah, of course you do. Often.

I get it though. When he chokes the team let him down. When he wins it's thanks to him alone. This has been what LeBron has been told since he was 10. You're so great it's never your fault. Shitty way to raise a kid and worse way to groom a star.

So you're saying if they win this year it's because they have their second and third best players? How dare you try to diminish LeBron!

Cmon, man. We all know if they win he'll be there basking in the attention of fans and media giving him all the credit as he disengenuously reads a prepared statement about teamwork.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
He gets his teammates to involved for my liking. Give me a guy with a mental makeup like Kobe any day of the week.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
How the hell do you like Basketball and hate Lebron? He has the most complete game since Oscar and unlike most superstars he actually gets his teammates incolved.
He's a whiny choking crybaby that relies on refs to get him enough wins to make his series losses look competitive. He might be a decent player, but his attitude makes him probably the least likeable player in any sports in living memory.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
the least likeable player in any sports in living memory.
nvBMbo4.jpg

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
popsicle is a troll I thought people knew that.

But yea LeBron has matured since his original free agency debacle. He deserves criticisms, every superstar does when they act like a bitch, which he has, but to marginalize his impact on the game and his once in a generation talent is just being a fucking hater. Fucking lol'd when this kid asked if he was smokin that ooo-wee.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
JR has taken like 4 terrible shots so far. If he has one of his random explosions they might win but it doesn't bode well.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I hate missing GOT but this is a game 7!

Bron Bron should be driving and drawing fouls like last game.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
What I don't understand about Lebron is what we're seeing right now. Start of the game and instead of being hyped and attacking, he's standing around watching, standing around swinging the ball, when he does drive it's like he's looking to dish aside from one very off balance fadaway from a drive. Starting to play passively and trying to force passes to get teammates involved in the first minutes of a game 7 for the championship isn't somehow smart team basketball, nor working an offensive system. It's just weird.

Kyrie makes some amazing shots.

Like the possession after Curry just made that pump-fake, step-forward shot. Lebron comes down, trying hard to set a screen, doesn't roll or cut, just stands there, gets the ball back, gets his player in the air, and drives looking to pass. Makes no fucking sense.