NBA 2015-2016 Season thread

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hope Lebron pulls another 40 point game to close out the series. The Lebron haters will die

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sup Alex. Thought Cavs werent winning another game after losing at home in game 4? Whats crazy is if they didnt blow that game 4 lead this series would have been over already.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
So Steph Curry is going to be the next Derrick Rose? Dude has hurt his ankle, knee, elbow and now his hand.

skrala

Imagine if Lebron had pitched a hissy fit and whipped his mouthpiece at a fan. The internet would have broken.

skrala

I love watching Curry play basketball, but he preens more than anyone when things are going well, and sulks his way through games when they're not (see game 3). I could not care less who wins this series outside of wanting to see good games, but it's amusing from an outsider perspective how much of Curry's behavior is ignored because he's so likable otherwise.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Sup Alex. Thought Cavs werent winning another game after losing at home in game 4? Whats crazy is if they didnt blow that game 4 lead this series would have been over already.
Cavs end up winning (still don't think this is likely) and all Dubs fans will be really upset with Green. But really, Barnes has ruined the small ball lineup this postseason. He can't shoot at all. Teams can leave him wide open and he won't make you pay. We need that for that lineup to work. Dude wracked up a -20 +/- in 16 min of play. Horrendous. I seriously wonder if Kerr will start him Game 7. Unfortunately the next option is Brandon Rush.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Only thing that annoys me about Curry are the 97 points to the sky he has to do every game. Fouled driving to the basket?

THANK THE LORD JESUS FOR ALLOWING THAT OTHER GUY TO FOUL ME LET ME GIVE YOU BIG UPS ON NATIONAL TV

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I think Love finally gets it together for game 7 and that's not good for GS.
If anymore than only one player on GSW gets it together in the same game it's not good for CLE. Every game so far in this series only one player has shown up. Sometimes none.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Only thing that annoys me about Curry are the 97 points to the sky he has to do every game. Fouled driving to the basket?

THANK THE LORD JESUS FOR ALLOWING THAT OTHER GUY TO FOUL ME LET ME GIVE YOU BIG UPS ON NATIONAL TV
I hate any athlete who praises god. Never understood discrediting yourself and giving some invisible manbearpig the credit.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Imagine if Lebron had pitched a hissy fit and whipped his mouthpiece at a fan. The internet would have broken.
Yeah, fans would have gone crazy, but he probably wouldn't have been called for a thing and the announcers would have started gushing about how he's just so passionate and we're all so lucky to get to watch him play.

While we're playing make believe: Imagine if Green had blocked Kyrie and then with no provocation stepped to him and yelled profanities in his face. Cavs fans and the internet would have lost their shit if he hadn't been T-ed up or worse.

I love watching Curry play basketball, but he preens more than anyone when things are going well, and sulks his way through games when they're not (see game 3). I could not care less who wins this series outside of wanting to see good games, but it's amusing from an outsider perspective how much of Curry's behavior is ignored because he's so likable otherwise.
You're either not an outsider and watch enough NBA to realize the preening/sulking is the culture of the NBA at this point and that most stars (and many almost stars) and plenty of others on these same two teams act far worse, or you really are an outsider and are full of shit. Players are supposed to preen when they're winning at home, and are supposed to be affected when they're getting their shit pushed in on the road. If you think Curry is biggest example of that in this series than you're not paying attention.

To both points, that's just the NBA at this point. Wildly inconsistent, shit culture and huge swings in collective shit flipping every season/game/play. The NBA is barely a step above WWE for fabricated drama at this point, and about on par when it comes to consistent, objective officiating.

skrala

While we're playing make believe: Imagine if Green had blocked Kyrie and then with no provocation stepped to him and yelled profanities in his face. Cavs fans and the internet would have lost their shit if he hadn't been T-ed up or worse.
Is he touching someone's dick in this hypothetical?

You're either not an outsider and watch enough NBA to realize the preening/sulking is the culture of the NBA at this point and that most stars (and many almost stars) and plenty of others on these same two teams act far worse, or you really are an outsider and are full of shit. Players are supposed to preen when they're winning at home, and are supposed to be affected when they're getting their shit pushed in on the road. If you think Curry is biggest example of that in this series than you're not paying attention.
I'm an outsider in that I have no rooting interest for either team, sadly I'm a Sixers fan. There are very few in the NBA who preen like Curry does.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really? Have you never seen Westbrook or Harden play? There's two players on the other side of the court right now who preen WAY more than Curry does.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Is he touching someone's dick in this hypothetical?
You were the one that brought up the hypothetical. You posted a dumb hypothetical that seemed to indicate your belief that Curry gets a pass from the league and/or fans on his poor behavior. I brought up an opposite hypothetical indicating Lebron probably gets a similar, or greater pass. Not sure what your point in deflecting at this point is. Green should have been T-ed up for taunting because he's shown a record of poor behavior but Lebron wasn't because?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
For Game 7 Steve Kerr is going to replace Barnes with Steve Kerr. Warriors by 20.

All jokes aside, lets not pretend they aren't still huge favorites. Lose 3 in a row, with two at home court? Poor statisticians would fall upon their fainting couches.

Djay

Trakanon Raider
Guys, guys...you're all missing the important part here. Which is that Gilg is a dumbass for trying to call me out when I said the Finals would be competitive.

rrr_img_135880.jpg

skrala

You were the one that brought up the hypothetical. You posted a dumb hypothetical that seemed to indicate your belief that Curry gets a pass from the league and/or fans on his poor behavior. I brought up an opposite hypothetical indicating Lebron probably gets a similar, or greater pass. Not sure what your point in deflecting at this point is. Green should have been T-ed up for taunting because he's shown a record of poor behavior but Lebron wasn't because?
Oh I agree 100% Lebron should have been T'd up for taunting, and I do think Curry gets a free pass from fans for the most part.