NBA 2015 Playoffs Thread

Djay

Trakanon Raider
I'm back to my pre-season hope of just wanting the Raptors to get to the 2nd round for the 2nd time in team history. After that, I would just hope to not get swept in the 2nd round...anything beyond that is icing.

I could see any of 7 teams as Finals teams out of the West. The only team that would surprise me is the Pelicans...anyone else is a legitimate contender. Out of the East...it will probably be Cleveland. Hawks or Bulls wouldn't terribly surprise me, though.

I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that whichever team wins between Clippers/Spurs will go on to win the Championship this year.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
West
Golden State over Brows 4-1
Houston sweep Dallas 4-0
Spurs over Clips 4-3
Memphis over Portalandia 4-3

East
Hawks sweep Nets 4-0
Cavs sweep Celtics 4-0
Bulls over Bucks 4-2
Wizards over Raptors 4-3

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
20/10/4 48/38/82 in 53 games. Foggy is spot on as usual.

By comparison, Wesbrook's 24/6/4 42/28/85 in 64 games is baller status.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I just hope GSW makes it to the Conference Finals. I'll accept the inevitable and excruciating loss to the Spurs.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
West
Golden State > NO 4-2
Houston > Dallas 4-2
Spurs > Clips 4-1
Memphis > Portland 4-1

East
Hawks sweep Nets 4-0
Cavs > Celtics 4-1
Bulls > Bucks 4-2
Raptors > Wizards 4-2

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
West

GSW > NOLA 4-1
Houston > Dallas 4-2
Spurs > Clips 4-3
Memphis > Portland 4-2

East

Hawks > Nets 4-0
Cavs > Celtics 4-1
Bulls > Bucks 4-1
Wizards > Raptors 4-3

I really think the East rounds will suck until Conference Finals. And even then that could be a snoozefest.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
20/10/4 48/38/82 in 53 games. Foggy is spot on as usual.

By comparison, Wesbrook's 24/6/4 42/28/85 in 64 games is baller status.
Last I checked the goal of the playoffs is to win. How many times has Cliff made it out of the second round? Oh that's right, zero!

He won't make it out of the first round this year.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Vegas odds have the Cavs winning it all. I'd love to see it. Put all the drama bullshit of the this season to rest and finally get a championship for Cleveland. Lord knows we're due and the Indians are off to a terrible start this year...

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Last I checked the goal of the playoffs is to win. How many times has Cliff made it out of the second round? Oh that's right, zero!

He won't make it out of the first round this year.
So which of the series which his team lost did his team field a roster made up of clones of himself? Otherwise you might have to consider that this is a team sport, not an individual one.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Vegas odds have the Cavs winning it all. I'd love to see it. Put all the drama bullshit of the this season to rest and finally get a championship for Cleveland. Lord knows we're due and the Indians are off to a terrible start this year...
Pretty sure that's just because the East is dogshit. I would be shocked if whoever comes out of the west isn't a favorite before the finals.

Sterling

El Presidente
Pretty sure that's just because the East is dogshit. I would be shocked if whoever comes out of the west isn't a favorite before the finals.
Pretty much agree with this. They're just more likely than any specific team from the West to make the Finals.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So which of the series which his team lost did his team field a roster made up of clones of himself? Otherwise you might have to consider that this is a team sport, not an individual one.
Well he did throw away the Thunder series last year all by himself, so there is that.

Pharazon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Eh, Cavs have been playing as well as anybody since they made their trades. I might favor them too if I had to pick. Spurs or Cavs, pick one as the favorite. Warriors have had one of the historically great seasons but it's rare for a team to shoot straight from 1st / 2nd round exiter to champ.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I can't pick it but I'm somewhat expecting Carlisle to come out and coach circles around ZombieKevin in game 1 and us all suddenly to be like "oooh, right" as it goes to 7 games.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
I mean he almost did it to Spurs/Pop in Round 1 last year, but Pop adapted and switched up his offense for the last 2 games.

Houston doesn't really have anything to fall back on if the Mavs figure out how to limit Harden - he's been carrying that team all year.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
I mean he almost did it to Spurs/Pop in Round 1 last year, but Pop adapted and switched up his offense for the last 2 games.

Houston doesn't really have anything to fall back on if the Mavs figure out how to limit Harden - he's been carrying that team all year.
Foul Rondo every time down the court.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Warriors. I think the Cavs have a shot but I have a feeling Lebron gets hurt and shit goes south fast.